Here at Skalp our main priority is assisting people create stylish shaven head fashions for themselves with Micro Pigmentation. We are proud of the fact that we have changed the lives of many men and women with thinning hair and hair loss quickly through our three hour treatment. But we could not do our job properly if we were not passionate about hair and had a superior understanding of the science of hair growth. We care about your hair issues.
With that in mind and looking forward to 2015 we have put together some great tips for making sure your hair remains healthy and robust as possible. Take a look:
1. Bathe your hair in natural oils which really offer your hair nutrition. Olive oil, Jojoba, Coconut oil and sweet Almond oils are all great boosters for hair. It is best to add the oils to your hair before your shower and then put on your shower cap while you shower. After half an hour, rinse and shampoo as normal.
2. Nutrients can also be found in our food intake. Think fruit and vegetables and protein-rich foods rather than desserts and sugar based foods.
3. Protein-rich foods not only help with quality but quantity as well as they aid the formation of amino acids which synthesize keratin – a building block of strong hair.
4. Vitamins B and C enhance growth and lustre.
5. Studies have shown that pumpkin seeds can play a part in slowing hair loss.
6. If you eat too much sweet foods you are going to be helping with the formation of Dandruff as these foods cause the blood to go acidic.
7. Washing your hair is essential but do not overdo it. Three or four times a week is fine and no more than twice a day.
8. When combing be careful not to pull at the roots as this can lead to both hair and scalp damage.
9. Do not pour shampoo onto the head when washing your hair. This can cause excess stimulation and dandruff generation. Pour into your palm and massage evenly across your scalp.
10. Use a conditioner to help give your hair body and lustre.
11. Before drying your hair wrap your hair gently in a towel. The cotton absorbs a lot of moisture and cuts down on rubbing which causes split ends.
12. When drying your hair use a wide toothed comb to prevent knotting and further pulling.
13. When using a hair dryer hold the hair about 15cms away to prevent heat damage.
14. When getting ready to go out leave hair styling to the last minute. This way your hair, which is most vulnerable when wet, will be dry.
15. If you wear a ponytail take it out a few hours a day to give your hair a break.
Losing 50 to 200 hairs a day is normal, but if this increases it is advised to see your doctor. Remember hair loss is best tackled early. Micro Pigmentation can vault that naff period when you are relying on comb overs, hats and losing confidence.