Your scalp is at the core of our work here at Skalp™ Micro Pigmentation and we know that a healthy scalp not only leads to less chance of hair loss but also a healthy head of hair. So to keep your scalp and your hair in tip top condition here are 5 easy to follow tips:
1. Adding chemicals to your hair (hair relaxers or dyes) is safe when it is done professionally. If the process goes wrong it can cause the scalp to burn or even trigger severe allergic reactions. Always visit a qualified hair stylist to have the work done or if you have to do it at home ensure you follow instructions to the letter. You can try a skin patch test with hair dyes to be extra safe and never mix two dyes as this can also cause damage to your hair and scalp.
2. In these cold dark depressing winter months, the one thing we are all praying for is just a little bit of sun. Everybody loves the sun – it lifts us in both mind and spirit. But the key is moderation and not overdoing your ration. Sunshine is rich in vitamin D which is great for hair growth and scalp protection. However too much can cause brittle dry hair and lead to irreversible scalp damage for those with thinning hair. So be sensible and don’t let the sun be your enemy. Wear a hat after a dose of the sun, use sun block and if you are bald keep your head well moisturised.
3. Don’t stand by and watch your hair/scalp condition get worse. There probably is something you can do about it. Your hairstylist may be able to offer guidance and suggest innovative treatments while you GP may also suggest medications to combat hair loss.
4. There is nothing more relaxing than a body massage. But not many people know a scalp massage is really great for hair growth. Massaging the scalp helps the flow of the blood to the hair follicle which in turn promotes hair growth. So when you are washing your hair, don’t just shampoo in and rinse out – spend some time massaging the shampoo into your scalp.
5. Also remember that your lifestyle may be having an effect on the health of your hair. A good healthy diet will provide the vitamins and minerals your hair and scalp need. Take a long hard look at the stresses in your life. When we are stressed out we become run down – and that includes your hair. Analyse your daily stresses and find little ways to ease the pressure. Give yourself time out – you’re worth it!
Skalp™ Micro Pigmentation offers a great service for people struggling with hair loss or who just want to join the bald fashion trend and look their very best. Trained practitioners apply pigments to the scalp so it appears as if you have a full head of hair – but cut fashionably short. We are going global fast and have recently opened a clinic in New York US.
For an appointment in the UK or Europe call 0845 094 1516 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an appointment in the US call Toll-free 1-855-767-5257 or email us at email@example.com