1x MAMMOTH Post! (with Pics)

Home Forums UK & USA CLIENT EXPERIENCES 1x MAMMOTH Post! (with Pics)

This topic contains 48 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ralphy July 14, 2017 at 6:00 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

LJ
    Participant

Looks great Narb, very natural and a fresh cut look!

narb
    Participant

Thanks LJ, looking forward to the 3rd session now 🙂

I said I’d upload some more pics. It’s been a week since 2nd session and I’m desperate to cut my hair. I could have cut it after the 4th day, but i didn’t want to disturb the healing process – you only get to do this once so i want to do it right! After the 4th day, i was really uncomfortable with how my hair vs the smp looked. Regardless I kept going to try and see out the week. Unbelievably no one commented. I’m honestly shocked because to me it really stands out. I guess you have to be looking for it know about it. I found the shine from the Vit A and D ointment helped disguise what was really happening. It caused a distraction. Here’s how I look today, tomorrow, i will have my first hair cut since the 2nd session and post up the results 🙂 This isn’t an overly enjoyable set of pics to be sharing, but hopefully it’ll help widen peoples understanding and expectations with smp… I could barely find ANY honest pics online of smp and grown out hair like this. This, i would say, is around the length of a grade 1 (3mm).

coconuthead
    Participant

The thing is. When you have it done and grow it. We just think everyone notices. In reality. They don’t. When you shave down and /or add more SMP they’ll just think you’ve shaved your hair / notice something different but can’t pinpoint it.
    That’s the beauty of the treatment. I kept reading similar before I got it done but was sceptical. Honestly was bricking it the first time I went out without a hat. Then after a few days I realised nobody noticed 😂

narb
    Participant

First haircut since 2nd session. You’re totally right coconut.. however keeping it short like this just makes me so happy with the whole thing.. it looks amazing!

Beezer, this ones for you. Look at this detail after just 2x sessions. This was done by Derek. Utterly amazing. I still have a 3rd session to go!!

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Have many people noticed you’ve had the treatment and is it all part of the fun no telling them, but for them realising there is something different about you by not being able to put their finger on just what…?

Baldlegaleagle
    Participant

Swan, thats the weird thing, no one really says anything. I’ve had two sessions (in April) with the third to be done in August. All by Marcin. I (previously) had nothing on top and to me, it was a huge change. But to the normal outsider that doesn’t know, the change is subtle. So subtle, that no one raises it.
    I work in a very conservative profession and was stressed about people finding out, but nothing. Its great!

LJ
    Participant

I agree with Bald Eagle, the treatment (I have had all 3 with Marcin now) is completly subtle to everyone except me/you. Not a single person has called me out on it, nor any lingering stares. Someone said to me “oh I have never see you with hair” I replied “I’ve started shaving with a beard trimmer instead of just shaving it all off with a razor, what do you reckon?” “yeah it looks good” And that was the end of it!!!!

narb
    Participant

Baldlegaleagle and LJ; very similar experiences with me.. Nobody but me and my family know about this -despite the state of it when my hair grew out in the previous pics. I need some attention on the sides next… When i shave right down, the sides are far too faint in comparison to the top…. But it still looks so good and im so so happy so far! I’m still not bored of looking at it at every opportunity! 😀

narb
    Participant

I meant to say… for anyone who prefers a bit of stubble, you NEED to look at getting some decent clippers with a couple of screws on the underside of the blades… this allows u to ‘Zero Gap’ the clippers… you get a super close cut but NOT to the skin (longer than rotary or foil)… leaves an awesome feel to the head and a bit of texture. I almost invested in yet MORE clipper to get a closer cut, but I’m so happy i found out how to do this. Its really easy to do so dont freak out – youtube ‘zero gap clippers’ to get an idea based on the clippers u have…

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Baldeagle/LJ/narb
    Thanks for your input, this has really put me at ease for the return to work after treatment 2 along with the advice around providing a response if someone does notice
    What is everyone using to shave their head make and models would help as I’m currently only using hair clippers to grade zero…?

narb
    Participant

Shayne, see previous post 😀 Babyliss Clippers £50 Argos. Check the clippers u have if they have screws to replace the blade on the bottom? If so try zero gapping 🙂

narb
    Participant

Shayne, jut got my self a skull shaver… bloody brilliant. Heard a lot of negatives in terms of the battery/motor dying after about a year.. but figured I’d give it a shot… Really good unit.

Only problem now is my smp looks really incomplete… the fading is substantial. There’s no way I’ll get away with any kind of stubble now which is a shame. When it was that little bit darker, stubble blended in seamlessly. The problem with that is i have to shave my hair really close the skin. This looks great on top, but the sides (which have recieved little to no smp work) look completely bald… I have my third session to go so i imagine, along with adding density, this is where the focus will be…

I should add, whilst the fading is substantial, it still blends really well with my existing hair on top(!)

LJ
    Participant

My third sess was probably about 6 weeks ago now, I’m still experimenting with best lengths, wet shave is a no, the Braun clippers work a treat for me, 24hrs after a good shave and it looks kicking. I can go 3/4 days without touching it. Everyones biggest fear is that is looks obvious, not one person has stared or passed comment! Narb, keep us posted about the third trearment

narb
    Participant

Thanks LJ – I’ll definitely keep u all posted -with pics 🙂

narb
    Participant

I have to spread the word; i just found the ULTIMATE matte moisturiser. Best of all? Its SPF 30 sunscreen. Perfect for summer AND, at 50ml, is about £4 cheaper than L’Oréals Pure and Matte moisturiser. Do yourselves a favour, go to Boots and buy Garnier Ambre Solaire ‘Sensitive advanced/expert+’. Make sure you get the one that specifies ‘Anti-shine’ at the bottom of the bottle (for ‘Face – Greasy and acne prone skin’). It costs £6 and is far more matte than the L’Oréal product imho… Enjoy 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register a free forum account!

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags