1x MAMMOTH Post! (with Pics)

Home Forums UK & USA CLIENT EXPERIENCES 1x MAMMOTH Post! (with Pics)

This topic contains 48 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ralphy July 14, 2017 at 6:00 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

I’ve been experimenting with zero-blading since last weekend on the back and sides and feel I could be too close for me personally and leaves the stubble shade so light that I don’t think the SMP will be clinical enough come July. Obviously I need to be clear on how short I’m going to go before I ft the treatment so Dean can get the shading right. Can’t see any point in Dean doing one thing and me starting to shave closer afterwards as this would undo magic. I guess the skull shaver will be outta the question as my hair stubble colour is just too light the closer I get… hmm 😶

narb
    Participant

Shayne, I know the exact thing you’re talking about… If you look back, you’ll find a thread I started addressing exactley that. I’m naturally blonde, so my hair when cut short is the equivalent of being completely bald. You can’t see it. On my 1st two sessions, i done as you have suggested; i went in with around a 1-2mm length on my hair so that Derek could find the right shade to do the smp. Now all that has settled, shaving my hair closer looks so much better. The only thing it does highlight, is the areas that haven’t yet been touched (the sides). Whilst still not noticeable to Koe Bloggs, it is an area i hope to have perfected from my remaining session/s…. Bottom line, i totally get your concerns with the hair length and whether or not the smp will actually stand out or not, but once done you’ll be wanting to cut it short I’m sure 🙂 Not long now mate eh?:)!

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

I use the Wahl clippers on a grade 0 and have gone down even further with zero-blading and it’s amazing how light my hair stubble is since trying this which tbh is thinking I may just go back to the grade 0 meaning at least I can go for the darker SMP

Ralphy
    Participant

Hi Narb,
    Have you had your 3rd session yet? I read that you have experienced fading so would be interested to know how the 3rd session panned out if you’ve had it. I have also experienced fading but I’m waiting until July for my 3rd session.

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Hi Narb
    RE ur 20 May post about Amber Solaire face and neck cream; from my research of this product my understanding is that it’s sun cream

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Anyone tried Men Expert Pure and Matte Anti Shine Gel with SMP = Verdict…?

narb
    Participant

Hi Ralphy,
    I have experienced fading, but its to be expected. The only disappointment with that from my point of view, is that i no longer have the option to grown more than 0.5mm’s worth of stubble, orherwise it stands out too much. That’s ok though because i enjoy using my Skull Shaver for convenience. I’ve had my third session on Thursday just gone. This really helped perfect the shape i was after. However, i have an issue with density at the moment. I’ll upload photos at some point, but since the redness has calmed down and I’ve had my first hair cut (since 3rd session) the density isn’t consistent. I know natural hair isn’t consistent either, but this isn’t in keeping with the densest part of my hair. I’m sure it can be fixed though. In contact with Skalp anout it and so far they’ve been really understanding 🙂 Will update you once I know more…

You’re leaving it quite late for your third session mate, you got any pics you can share yet? Only needs to be of the smp so we can see the detailing 🙂

narb
    Participant

Hi Shayne, yes it is sun cream – I do mention that in the post! 🙂 It’s cheaper than L’ORÉALs Pure and Matte and i think it works better too… Just my opinion though.. Lots of people swear by the L’Oréal product. 🙂

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Hi Narb
    Interesting to read your concerns re fading, stubble length, etc. Get those pics up; can’t wait to see the work!!!
    Thanks”
    Shayne

Ralphy
    Participant

I’ve bought both the Amber Solaire stuff following Narb’s recommendation and I have the L’Oréal product. IMO the L’Oréal is streets ahead in terms of matte finish but doesn’t have any SPF factor. With it being quite sunny at the moment, the Amber is needed to protect the pigments.

I also bought something in Boots made by La Roche or something like that. This is undoubtedly the best of the best.

narb
    Participant

Sorry it disappointed Ralphy… I guess you have to find what works best for you… Can you find a link for the 3rd option you menioned? Would be well worth a try – obviously matte too right?

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

narb
    Participant

Christ someones doing well!

Ralphy
    Participant

No need to apologise mate. I’m not saying I don’t like to product because I do. It’s just my head has quite a bit of shine with the Amber Solaire despite being ‘anti-shine’. L’Oréal has more of a matte finish for me but no SPF. But the La Roche thing works best as it has SPF and super matte finish. Here’s the link pal…

http://www.boots.com/la-roche-posay-anthelios-anti-shine-sun-cream-fluid-spf-30-50-ml-10105383

LJ
    Participant

Hows your SMP settling down Narb? Happy? I think we had our treatment around the same time

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register a free forum account!

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags