2nd session complete

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum 2nd session complete

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by fm111 .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

fm111
    Participant

Hi,
    So I’m in my 10th day after having my second session and although i am pleased with the hairline and density is almost there the way i want it, I’m not too confident on how it looks overall. I have noticed what looks like little dots of ink whenever i rub my scalp with my hand or wipe it with a wet wipe. I know this is normal as it’s mostly the scars coming off but it just makes me a little nervous that if i wash my head properly then I’ll get a bunch of them rub off, which is why I haven’t washed my head yet. I have also quite a few patches left particularly around the crown area and the sides around it which will need to be filled in in my third session. However I’m worried that my third session wouldn’t be enough to do this as my understanding is that this session is used to perfect the density and go over an fading that may have occurred. This has really been playing on my mind and I’ve been struggling to do my day to day activities because of it. I get anxious and stress about it everytime i look in the mirror. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experience? Have you needed more than 3 sessions?

Sammy
    Participant

Hi mate, don’t stress, you’re just at the same stage everyone goes through after the 2nd session, wanting it to be perfect after the 3rd session, some people hold the ink perfectly and some people have areas of the head that fade more, this is exactly why they leave a month between 2nd and 3rd, don’t worry these guys are the best in the business and and will look after you.

Regarding the rubbing your head and bits coming off, that will just be the tiny bits of ink sitting on your head that remained after the session, you will not be able to rub off any ink that is going to hold under your skin, you may as well give it a good wash now and stop worrying as they will fill it in on the 3rd session and if you really need it a 4th session is included anyway.

fm111
    Participant

Thanks for the advice sammy. I don’t know i guess i want it perfect like everyone else does. I was hoping to use the extra sessions that’s included in the guarantee as a touch up session later down the line but i feel like i may have to use it sooner rather than later and not for a touch up but to perfect the blending etc. Maybe i was expecting too much from the 2nd session and was hoping to get all the dots into the areas that needs it but i can see there are quite a few patches that will need the dots placed in the next session and I’m worried that the third session wont be enough to do this as well as top up the fading. I think the first session lasted just under 3 hours including 20 mins drawing on the the hairline and second session just over 3 hours. My 3rd session is in 2 weeks time. Just going through a stressful phase atm.

Cole
    Participant

Yeah I wouldn’t worry mate, you are 2/3 of the way through the treatment, like Sammy said these guys will look after you. Just think you were probably bald for years and now are panicking over an area being slightly lighter for a few weeks. You will get the result you want in the end!

fm111
    Participant

Thanks mate, I’m hoping it does turn out all well. Has any of you guys wet shaved after your second session or even third? I currently use a hair clipper with just the blades so size 0 but I’m wary of disturbing the dots if i close shave? Should i wait longer?
    Appreciate any advice

Cole
    Participant

You’ll be fine to wet shave now mate, the pigment that is going to hold won’t be affected by wet shaving it now.

fm111
    Participant

Cool, I’ll give it a try and see how it goes. Mind if i ask how you maintain yours mate? Do you wet shave or foil shave?

Cole
    Participant

I do both, I’ve got a braun shaver that use most of the time and I wet shave it sometimes, normally shave every 2-3 days, by day 4 the horseshoe starts getting dark again.

fm111
    Participant

Ahh i see, is it braun series 7 by any chance? I’ve heard mostly good reviews about it, and it’s good for wet and dry providing you dont let the hair grow too long?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.