55+ and hairline/color questions

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum 55+ and hairline/color questions

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by Robert.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Anyone in this age group who dealt with achieving a natural (but receded) hairline? Was told by one non-Skalp consultant that he could restore a hairline back to my 20s. Yikes. I have the worst level on the Norwood scale apparently. And how have you managed to get the right color for grey and dark hair?

Harvey
    Participant

Hi mate, yes you see some crazy straight, low hairlines online that are not age appropriate. I don’t get why people go for these hairlines. at skalp they start too high and soft on session 1 and make small changes to the hairline at session 2 and 3 until your happy. This is why I choose skalp as there hairlines where the most natural I’ve seen. They draw it on and you have your input, so if you want natural just ask for that.

Colour wise, they start too light and go darker until the colour is spot on, no matter what colour hair you have, it’s a greyish tone when shaved anyway.

Robert
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback.

Robert
    Participant

These are probably my biggest concerns preventing me from pursuing SMP.

SteveA
    Participant

Hey Robert, I wouldn’t let that stop you, as Harvey says they always start with a conservative hairline (even too conservative if you are nervous) then lower it and adjust the design on session 2 and 3, so you will end up with the exact hairline you want. Same thing with the colour, start too light then go darker until it is the perfect.

Robert
    Participant

Thank you, Steve. I’d definitely be taking the conservative approach considering how bad my hairline is, dipping down pretty far in back and really nothing on top at all so it would be a noticeable change

Robert
    Participant

I have to say the consultant I reached out to in the US has been very informative and patient.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!