A little freaked out, but hopeful.

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum A little freaked out, but hopeful.

• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by HairHope.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    HairHope
    Participant

Hi Guys,

So my situation is a little different to most here. I’ve been wearing a hair system for a year, which made me look younger with a full head of hair. I loved the look, but it was a nightmare with maintenance, discomfort and lifestyle restricting as hell (no swimming, gym, running around on a beach etc), especially bad in the summer months and sweat counters the glue.

I knew at some point i’d have to give in and go for another solution. Skalp seemed the best choice, they are very welcoming and don’t push the hard sell on you. I had to remove my system and shave my head a week before the first session which i did on Sunday, it’s been a horrible week so far where I’ve been hiding at home away form the world, I’m an up and down with emotions, I hate the way my head looks, not a fan of my head shape either but not sure if thats just because I can’t bear to look at myself and maybe i’d love the look on someone else. I look about 15 years older and feel so unattractive right now – absolutely terrified of facing all my friends and colleagues and having to endure the barrage of questions and comments.

I’m really hoping and praying that Marcin works his magic on me and I feel good about myself again. Currently seeing someone and its very new, they are being really supporting but so worried when they see me (they wont see the pre-skalp me) it will all change. They are only human after all.

Anyways it’s really good to see the positive stories here. I’m hoping I will grow to love this look. Been desperately researching longer term options – still kinda hoping for the day then inject me with stem cells and my hair grow back.

Who knows what the next few year hold. Skalp is deffo what I need right now and may even be what I decide to have for the rest of my life.

Will post pics when I’m done with session 1.

HairHope

longrange69
    Participant

Hair hope – Marcin will work his magic and make you feel a million dollars. Trust me – all of the angst will be worth it. All the best 😉

HairHope
    Participant

Thanks Longrange, read your story too, hope I’m as happy as you are with your results! 🙂

longrange69
    Participant

Being Skalped will allow you to live a full and active life – one without anxiety. You never know, you may come to even like the look. No doubt you’ll look great.

stevie
    Participant

Best of luck , Pal. I hope ever thing works out well for you.

HairHope
    Participant

Thanks guys – one treatment down and feeling a lot better about it all. Looking forward to ‘coming out’ and facing everyone with my new look soon!

longrange69
    Participant

How’s it looking?

iroquois
    Participant

when is your second due? would be great if you could share some pics afterwards! good luck with your coming out plan

Participant

HairHope, I am in the same position you were. I have had a hair system since August and like you say looks great but maintenance is a nightmare. Ive had my consultation with skalp but still a little unsure. I won’t be able to remove my system until the day before my first session (if i do book in) as ive been advised to book a week off work after the first treatment. How’s yours going? Are you happy with it?

HairHope
    Participant

Hi 1985,

I have to say I’m really happy with it so far! It was a tough couple of weeks as I did feel really down the week before my first session when I removed the system and faced my bald head for the first time.

However after the first session I already felt so much better, and the second session has made it look so much better. Really looking forward to my final session in 3 weeks to perfect the blending.

This last week I’ve ‘come out’ to everyone at work and friends, and have had lots of great compliments. It’s a big change having had a full hair of hair with the system, but I’m now getting used to it and I do love the freedom from all the hair maintenance!

As you know the summer time is awful for wearing a system so I would encourage you to get it done in time for summer.

Just a note – I was advised to remove the system at least a week before the first treatment as the skin will need some time to heal. It will be red and there will be sores from the system so not ideal to do it the day before. I spoke to my manager honestly about what I was doing and he was very understanding and flexible – if you can’t do that then maybe take the week off before the first treatment, and take some sick leave after the first session – the redness from the treatment goes down in a couple days so if you do it on a Friday you’ll be ok to go to work on the Monday (or with sick leave Wednesday etc) – totally understand the anxiousness around this!

I will post some pics of my treatment in due course!

Hope this helps.

Participant

HairHope,
    Really appreciate the replay and im chuffed for you that it’s working out well. I had my mock up photo sent today and it put me off a bit to be honest! Just suppose that’s because ive been used to seeing myself in the hair system though. I really want to be convinced on it as i know it will be so much easier to manage. I’m going to call the practitioner tomorrow see if that will help me go ahead with it.
    What was your initial reaction to the mock up photo and how does the real thing compare up to now?
    Cheers

HairHope
    Participant

Hi 1985,

No problem at all – I found people’s stories really helpful when deciding to do this myself so happy to help where I can.

It made me laugh when you mentioned the mock up – as I totally hated my mock up picture too (had a little joke about this to the Skalp guys) but it’s very hard for them to do a realistic mock with a hair system pic – because they can’t use your actual head shape and so have to go with a very rounded head, which looks unnatural.

My mock up looks nothing like my actual head now – and at the mock up stage you haven’t really input into what shape and hairline you want, so they go with a standard. My hairline is totally different to the mock up and I love it. I actually asked for an ‘M’ shape hairline, when Marcin did it, he told me it doesn’t look quite right so rounded it off a bit, I was scared it wouldn’t be what I want but he was totally right it looks so much better – they do know what they are talking about.

To give you an idea – my biggest form of anxiety was my head shape and I was terrified I’d look ridiculous. Especially when I first took the system off I really hated my head shape! I have quite a flat back of my head. BUT – the big thing to keep in mind is that without a proper hairline framing your face, your head shape looks totally different.

I have had quite a few comments from people saying ‘Well you definitely have a good head shape for it, looks great’ so I know it was all in my head (no pun intended). When you run your hands along your scalp you feel all sorts of bumps and dips, but in reality you can’t really see them once you’ve shaved.

In summary, don’t let the mock up put you off. But I do understand your anxiety. Happy to answer any more questions you might have!

Maybe post some pics of your head with the system (blur the face out if you wish) and I can give you an opinion if you like! Side view is also good to see your head shape 🙂

HairHope

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!