A treatment to match my age?

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum A treatment to match my age?

• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by Domehead.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Domehead
    Participant

I’m booked in next month with Damon in Manchester and will be requesting a hairline that is perhaps out of the ordinary. I’m pushing towards 50 now and have been bald for half my life. I always preferred short hair in my youth and for the past 15 years or so I have wet shaved every couple of days, everybody that knows me is familiar with my Kojak look. However if SMP would have been available when I first started going bald then I would have been the first at the door to have it done. I have always liked the shaved look for folks with a full head of hair anyway so this would have been ideal for me even back then.
    Anyway, due to my age and the length of time that I have been bald I am hoping to have my SMP with quite a severe receding look to reflect this. Personally I think that having a full head treatment would be a bit too extreme for my age. I have brown hair (only very slightly greying) and I will be asking Damon for a very subtle look (mid 30’s or low 40’s shading) with a broken hairline. I am also thinking about having a low density of dots to make it look even more natural for my age. I have saved some photos to show Damon how I would like the treatment and the below pics of Freddy Ljunberg are some of them as I think this hairline would match my requirements. Any feedback or advice welcome

Attachments:
    coconuthead
    Participant

I’m going for the same on the 29th. Basically following my transplanted hairline with a bit more density and a tiny wee but more. Similar to the Freddy look. Definitely more natural looking. I know it can be done 🙂

m41
    Participant

That would be a good look to go for.

Natural is the best way to go.

Domehead
    Participant

All the best with that coconuthead, are you putting pics on the forum? I’ll be posting before and after pics once I’ve had the treatment and things have settled a bit.
    Totally agree m41, I don’t think I could get away with a full head treatment and to be honest I don’t want to look 21 again, just my age (or maybe a little bit younger!!!) with the look of some receding.
    After hearing all the glowing reports of Damon, I’m sure that he’ll be able to give me the look I’m after and that I’m also with the right company, I wasn’t too impressed with the consultation at another rival company, a bit rushed and straight into the money side of things.

coconuthead
    Participant

Yip. Definitely putting pics up. I’ve started my story with before pics already.

Domehead
    Participant

I’ve just checked out your story coconuthead, can’t wait to see your updated pics.
    I’m will be taking loads of downloaded pics with me on my appointments to show Damon, I firmly believe that providing plenty of information of how you want the treatment and talking things through thoroughly beforehand will give you the look you want. I’ve seen too many posts on various SMP sites that mention how they just left things in the practitioner’s hands and then complain when it ends up too dark/dense/straight, etc

coconuthead
    Participant

Definitely domehead. That well known competitors forum is full of people getting straight hairlines lasered then softened. There’s also a good few pics with far too much density. So much so that it looks painted on. I’m definitely going very conservative. The main area I’m bothered about is the top/crown. The receded look doesn’t bother me as I’ve been like that since 21 and would be bald if it wasn’t for the HT. I may eventually go for another light HT to compliment the SMP in a few years as I do have a lot of confidence in the surgeon I went to. He’s just too blooming expensive. The scar I have is quite long but very clean. I’ve rarely been asked about it TBH so it doesn’t bother me too much.
    Just seems to be dragging by until the 29th. Getting a tad nervous but know it’ll be fine!

JR25
    Participant

Late 40’s isn’t that old Domehead.

However I think a FL hairline will look really good.

Domehead
    Participant

Cheers for that JR25, made my day that, haha!!
    I know it’s not that old but I just think going straight from a Norwood 7 for 20 odd years to a full hairline is a bit extreme in one go. I’d rather go with a receded look that is very subtle which would give me options about bringing the hairline down further gradually or going darker at a later date if I wanted to.

Domehead
    Participant

Well, just had my first session yesterday and all I can say is that I am more than happy with the way things are going. Had a good discussion with my practitioner before he started about why I want a very receded hairline that’s very subtle. We drew the hairline together and once the dots were in place I couldn’t believe the difference in the way I look. It looks fantastic and this is probably the worst it is going to look as the dots will fade this week ready for the 2nd treatment next week.
    So far this is exactly the look I wanted and is quite different from most of the treatments that are shown on the forum. I will post before/during/after pics up once the 2nd treatment has settled in a couple of weeks.
    All I can say to anyone thinking about having this done is go for it!! I was skeptical about the procedure several months ago but after doing plenty of homework, taking photos etc of hairlines, shades etc that I like and think would suit me and talking things through, I will end up with the look I’ve wanted for years.

Domehead
    Participant

Well, back in for my second session tomorrow and can’t wait!!!
    Despite doing loads research over the last few months with various companies/hairlines/shades etc and being fully committed to having SMP done, I will be totally honest and admit that a few doubts crept into my mind before my first session last week and I even contemplated cancelling the night before. I am a confident person with a very positive outlook on life but the gremlins crept in my head last week and started playing games, thankfully I ignored them and I’m so glad I did.
    From my point of view the only down side to this treatment is not being able to go to the gym for a few days which is no big deal as I’ll finally have the look I want for years to come.
    If, like me you book yourself in but have second thoughts, don’t let the gremlins win. As long as you know the look you are after, relax, put your trust in your practitioner and enjoy the journey.

hairtoday
    Participant

I had a similar experience except mine was mid way through the sessions! You have seen my thread where I had a wobble after session 2. It all hit me after session 2 that I was ready to go into the big wide world with the SMP and freaked out. The Skalp guys do a good job at counselling which is why I think its so important that all of them have had the treatment themselves. They don’t tell you what you want to hear they can tell you their own experience warts n all. Now looking back after my 4th session I should have trusted in the process and the guys Marcin and Antonio!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!