Advice please, Gents

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Advice please, Gents

• This topic has 23 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated by loverug0.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    loverug0
    Participant

Hi Gents,

I have a quick question for you and would love to know your thoughts please.

I’m very, very close to pulling the trigger and taking the plunge with this and the thing that makes me curious is why those of you who have had the treatment went with SKALP as opposed to rivals?

I’ve already had a consultation with the competition but stumbled across the SKALP website and am now heading in this week for a chat with them, too. Was there something that you found more reassuring about SKALP or something that they did/do better? The thing that has stopped me going with the competition is that when I was coming out from my consultation I saw a guy with the worst headshine I’ve ever seen and that makes me anxious as hell that I could end up looking like that.

I’ve attached (hopefully) a picture of what my hair looks like now if I let it grow, although I always shave it at a 0 most of the time now anyway. I plan to literally fill in the gaps. I won’t touch the sides or lower the hairline in the slightest. I’m going for subtle and natural. The aim is to be able to go out to the pub or on a date without having to wear a damn flat cap!! If I can emulate what Dean86 has done then I’ll be a very happy bloke indeed.

Please let me know your thoughts, fellas

Baldy01
    Participant

I have just posted a response on a similar topic from another forum member.

Can’t comment on other companies but all I can say is Skalp for me were fantastic. Top drawer through out my process. Do your research and find whats best for you.

There are so many examples on here of happy clients and picture evidence which for me was so important.

Regarding a shiny head. Yes this can be an issue when you shave, however there are products out there that help. It certainly does look better without shine.

All the best.

DoctorMarten
    Participant

I did a lot of research and also went to another couple of companies about this procedure. They weren’t bad or anything but my overall impression was that Skalp offered a better all round option. The quality of the work I saw with Skalp was impressive and consistent. I was able to meet with the Practitioner who was doing my treatment beforehand which again was a major plus.

Aftercare has been brilliant and I have nothing but good things to say.

shed7
    Participant

Definitely go for a consultation loverug0.

It’s a no rush affair and you can ask whatever you like and they go through the procedure in fine detail.

It put me at ease and like DM I met the the Practitioner beforehand too which like he said was a bonus.

Curly
    Participant

All the best loverug0.

It’s a no brainer going for this.

If done correctly it looks mint and I am lucky to have had it done.

DoctorMarten
    Participant

Have you been in for a consultation yet loverug0? Hope it went well.

loverug0
    Participant

Thank you for your replies, Gents.

Yup, I’ve had my consultation and am literally mulling it all over right now as I type. Jason was kind enough to do a little patch test on my head so I could get a feel for what the treatment is like. It wasn’t too bad actually.

Just having one final think.

PeterJones
    Participant

What was involved in the consultation? Did you like what you saw?

loverug0
    Participant

@PeterJones, They had a look at my head, told me how much it would cost and then answered all of my questions, as well as carrying out the quick patch test. They were really friendly and down to earth and certainly came across as professional. I have no complaints and it’s just my own personal fear that I need to overcome now. The thing that I found most reassuring is that there is an ex employee from HIS there who is bringing what he learnt there and improving on it over at SKALP.

In my opinion where these treatments get fucked up is when guys go in there and ask for lower hairlines and start messing around with the sides. If you ask me, that’s a one way ticket to the helmet head look, Because I’m not touching the sides or lowering my hairline in any way whatsofuckingever, I think I’ll get away with it. I don’t want any straight lines anywhere and I actually want to keep the receded look! I just don’t want to look fucking bald! Receded is cool with me and I’ll have it feathered all up to the front where my peach fuzz hairline remains. For me I want it to be subtle as hell. As soon as you start sticking dots where you didn’t have them before, that’s when it looks odd.

I’m going to sleep on it tonight now but am really thinking that I’ll take the leap tomorrow.

markyb
    Participant

did you get to see any examples of the treatment??
    and did it look good

loverug0
    Participant

@markyb yep, I saw two examples of the treatment and both looked fine, mate.

Like I said before, though, if it’s done conservatively and with subtleness then it can look really natural. I think where some companies go wrong is that they pander to their clients requested for sharp lines and lowered hairlines where the bloke has gone in there and asked to look like that Max fella from ‘The Wanted’ and that’s where it can all go a bit tits up. I appreciate that these companies are businesses and need to generate income which is why they do what the client’s ask for, but at the end of the day some of them should really turn around and say “No, mate, if you lower your hairline to where you didn’t have it before, then it’s going to look shit”. I mean that’s just my opinion anyway.

markyb
    Participant

I agree that some look like they been styled using a straight ruler
    I’m trying to sort a consultation out
    They did send me mock up pictures but I thought they looked false

Baldy01
    Participant

I had a mock up done before having my treatment Markyb. I wouldn’t worry too much about this as I was told this is to give you an idea of how your face would look framed with a hairline and not the final product.

When I had my treatment I was allowed to choose exactly what type of hairline i wanted and the colour match was discussed between myself and the Practitioner. All went swimmingly.

loverug0
    Participant

The trigger has been pulled, first treatment booked for 19th May with the second on the 27th. Want to get it sorted for the summer and also fed up with looking like a shit version of Jason Statham.

Hoops
    Participant

You wont regret getting this done. It will look great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!