Anti shine.

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Anti shine.

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by coconuthead.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    coconuthead
    Participant

Hi all. Just a quick share on my anti shine experience. I’ve been using Peter Thomas Roth anti shine primer but found it expensive and if you are caught short you need to wait some time for delivery. I’ve also tried the super drug shine control paper which I found worked not too bad but even when rubbed in left a ‘greyish white look.’
    Marcin told me about monistat anti-chafing gel so I’ve been using this and find it really good , but I’ve been running low on it so I bought some Autograph anti shine primer from M and S , I found this to only work for a few hours and not as good as the others.
    Then I stumbled upon Lanacane anti chafing gel available at boots. It’s almost identical to Monistat and really mattifies and makes the SMP pop.
    Definitely worth a try guys.

Attachments:
    coconuthead
    Participant

Oops. Wrong pic that’s for monistat. My pic of the lanacane won’t upload 😌

chalky84
    Participant

Great tip really appreciate your feedback from people who have tried these things. What do you do about SPF protection I think you said your Peter Thomas Roth included SPF?

hellobye
    Participant

The info posted by coconut head about the lanacane and moistat anti shine tips just recently appeared on another smp providers forum, 2 or 3 days ago, I read several smp forums and I’d never heard of it until a couple of days ago when someone posted it over at HIS forum, now it’s appeared on here a couple of days later, hmmmmmm, and my questions are, does it really work? Coconuthead, have u or Marcin tried it and if so how long does it last? On the other site the guy that posted it doesn’t seem to have actually tried it so I wonder how good it is.

I may go to my local boots after work and get some and be the guinea pig. 😉 I’ve used Peter Thomas Roth for a long time and even though it works well and u don’t need much it is still very expensive and I’d love it if one of these cheaper ideas worked.

@ chalky84 – I’ve never noticed spf on peter thomas roth but I’ll check the bottle when I’m home. The best ever spf cream I used on my head was Vichy spf 50, it’s about £13 on amazon and a bit more expensive at Boots but it actually limits sebum production and you can see from the amazon reviews that it is very matte and people love it as it really helps control shine/oil and it is sweat/water resistant. I buy it whenever we go on holiday, it is quite a small bottle but it’s bigger than Peter T Roth and is half the price, I suppose we could use it on our heads all year long just as a matt moisturizer?? I’ll try and post a link to it, if it doesn’t work just search for it on google, it really does a great job http://www.amazon.co.uk/VICHY-SOLAR-EMULSION-FACIAL-SPF50-50ML/dp/B007FNUIJI/ref=sr_1_1/279-1676599-5717145?ie=UTF8&qid=1450191495&sr=8-1&keywords=vichy+capital+soleil+spf+50

hellobye
    Participant

Hope the Vichy SPF helps you chalky84

coconuthead
    Participant

I’ve saw it on lots of forums in relation to monistat and used it but as I was running low decided to use the one made by Lanacane. There’s also an SMP anti shine guide on YouTube on about monistat but it’s not easily bought OTC here whereas the lanacane one is.
    After Google checking that women used it for a primer I decided to try it and it’s virtually the same. I reckon I get 4 hours ish from it.
    I’ve also used the SPF mentioned the Matt one and find it great. The Eucrin Matt one is not as good but does the trick too.

hellobye
    Participant

Thanks coconuthead I’ve reserved Lanacane using Boots click and collect and will be picking it up 2moro after 12pm, it’s a lot cheaper than monistat.

coconuthead
    Participant

Definitely works. Similar to monistat you need to rub it in well but it’s much better than the M n S Autograph primer which I tried too. Funny enough I’m a regular runner and find it more expensive than the cream I use on long runs which doesn’t work well on my head as I’ve tried that too. Lol.

hairtoday
    Participant

Link http://www.boots.com/en/Lanacane-Anti-Chafing-Gel-30g_51067/
    and picture!

I will give it a try also and see how it is and feedback.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!