Booked NYC!!

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Booked NYC!!

• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by theManDAN.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    theManDAN
    Participant

Yesterday I decided it was finally time to make the decision to take the leap into SMP. I called and booked an appointment for the end of this upcoming week. Really excited but so so nervous. Anyone have any advice or reccommendations? Anything is helpful!

hairtoday
    Participant

Moisturise your head as much as you can between now and your first session. I did it for about a week 2-3 times a day on the run up, it helps the pigment take as your skin won’t be dry. Shave as close as you can on the morning of your session as you can’t shave for 4 days afterwards.

frankenstein
    Participant

Excited for you. I’m also from USA and have been holding out for Skalp to reach our side of the pond. Keep us in the loop, very interested to hear your thoughts.

theManDAN
    Participant

hair today thank you for that advice! I am currently using an aveeno lotion. Graig also advised me to keep my hair at my preferred length and that he could always shave it closer and to an appropriate length the day of the treatment. He also told me a bit about some lotions that moisturize the skin but also reduce shine and glare? I need to find out more about that stuff because I notice a shine on my head when I first put the lotion on although it isn’t so bad a bit after.

frankenstein thank you for the kind words. I am not sure if you are like me but i did some research into some other places and was either repulsed or very much turned away by ethics. These people at this place just seem different

all that said I am so nervous but definitely excited at the same time.

stevesteelscar
    Participant

Good luck dan! really interested to see your progress. If i do get this done i will be going to the office in NY as well being that I live in pitt

stevesteelscar
    Participant

themandan did you get it done yet? Really interested to hear how it went because i booked in a consultation in early november

theManDAN
    Participant

@stevesteelscar Sorry I have not been on here, I have been very busy with work. I actually had to make my second session my first and make a new date for my second. Glad they were able to accommodate. Will let you guys know how it goes!

theManDAN
    Participant

I went in for my first treatment a few days ago. I had a lot of anticipation as well as nerves. I had spoken with Graig a lot before going in and doing this. He lived up to the billing for me and was nice and also very thorough.

After giving me a bottle of water and getting me settled, we started by drawing the template for where the frontal line of my “hair” would be. It took me forever to figure out what look I wanted because I wanted something that could be visible, but still look natural. I was trying to tell him what I wanted as best I could and he kept on tweaking things until we came to a nice agreement.

The pain wasn’t too terrible but I definitely will say the front stung a good bit more than any where else. I think he noticed this and went a little bit slower for me in that area. After the front it was smooth sailing.

Overall I am thrilled with the treatment and overall experience so far; maybe aside from some typical city traffic. This treatment is a huge improvement for me already. I am going to wait until after session 2 before I put the pictures up but look forward to sharing with you guys.

-Dan

theManDAN
    Participant

Second session in the books!!

Honestly cannot be happier with things after my second session. Was not even close to as nervous as I was before session.

After living with my treatment for a week I decided I wanted to be more aggressive with my hairline. Last week I wanted to go lower and graig explained to me that for session 1 it was a little wiser to be more conservative. While I still decided to bring it forward a bit today it was nowhere near where I would have put it and it may have been something that was going to take away from my treatment if I had.

The way in which he explains things just really helps make sense of it all. from drawing the template of the frontal line of ‘hair’ to the way he decides colors and everything in between. Constantly stopping and asking If I had questions. Also incredibly cool to hang out with. Listened to lots of good music while there. Really can’t say enough about the experience. Thank you guys

My only concern if I am going to call it that would be if people are going to notice I am not bald anymore. Has any one had that happen at all?

Attachments:
    William
    Participant

look great congratulations,at work just 1 person of 20 noticed about my scalp wich is good,today I’ll have a family meeting let’s see if they notice it.

Attachments:
    theManDAN
    Participant

Thank you for the words, Will! Yours is looking really natural. How many sessions have you had?

Just spent thanksgiving with my family who I haven’t seen since before I had this done. I was sooo nervous. I kept waiting for someone to notice. No one noticed a thing, except for my mother telling me I should keep growing my hair out lol. Totally relieved

William
    Participant

Thank you,I just finished the 3rd session I’m so happy nobody at work and family noticed. What about you how many session do you have so far?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!