Does wet shaving each day cause fading

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Does wet shaving each day cause fading

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by LJ.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    seanymac1991
    Participant

Hi guys,

My hair is really thick on the sides and grows extremely fast meaning that I must wet shave my head each morning to maintain my smp look,
    My question is, does wet shaving each day cause the pigment to fade at an accelerated rate? I have read that it takes small layers of skin off each time causing premature fading, is this true?
    Thanks in advance for any responses

Mr Marky
    Participant

Hi mate, I think even if wet shaving your head did take any skin off when you shave it would be microscopic, you would probably need to shave a million times to ever make it fade from shaving so I wouldn’t worry about that.

seanymac1991
    Participant

Hi Marky,

Thanks for your response much appreciated

narb
    Participant

If you have to do it so often, get a Skull Shaver and use shaving FOAM (not gel)… ull get a close finish, do it quicker, and save on ur concerns of premature fading 🙂 I actually use the female version, the Butterfly shaver cos im tight and thought saving £30 based on the colour of plastic was worthwhile… 🙂

LJ
    Participant

I’ll sometimes wet shave the sides and backs, but if I wet shave my SMP, it does not look as good as when it has been electric shaved, too shiny and smooth! Think I have only wet shaved it once and never again!

LJ
    Participant

(I’m a white boy, may look different on other skin tones wet shaved)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!