Edinburgh clinic.

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Edinburgh clinic.

• This topic has 29 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated by coconuthead.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    coconuthead
    Participant

Hi all
    I’m relatively new here but in terms of hair loss I’ve done it all. ( not a brag lol).
    I am a teacher and sports science lecturer but previously was a hairdresser so always took my appearance and hair seriously. At 45 I’m not as bothered as I was at 25 but my hair was my crowning glory and despite my huge ears ( lol) my hair improved my appearance and won the hearts of a few Scottish lassies.
    Anyway, I’m happily almost married but recently my other half mentioned that I should think about getting something done with my existing hair as it’s going at the back.
    At 21 I started to use minoxidil. I’ve tried it all… Progesterone tretinoin etc. It was only available private prescription initially and for three years or so my hair really thickened up. After a while the hair gained seemed to weaken. After this I tried a different supplier, different combinations, propecia too , which gave me the flutters internally lol.
    At the age of 24 I ordered a hairpiece but never went through with it but dabbled in jerome Russell and couvre concealer.
    By the age of 29 my hair had retreated considerably so I purchased a ‘system’ as my father before me had done too! I wore it for two days as it was too long, then got it cut into a French crop Caesar style. This was very effective , but as the grey came through I got called out! I promptly removed it and BIC’d the lot! Back to minoxidil I let my hair grow a bit and used concealers. You name it I’ve used it! Dermamatch, couvre, nanogen, mane and even American imports. At 32 I went to a reputable Harley St surgeon and had the front/top done with micro graft. This was a good job and with the hair I had together with concealer served me until I was 39 or so. I managed to keep my concealer a secret until I marked all the pillows in a posh hotel and my girlfriend ( now my other half ) commented. Furthermore, I had a few embarrassing moments that I managed to get out of. Lol. One when a colleague wrestled with me and was left with a huge black mark on his arm and polo shirt. The stuff made such a mess it wasn’t worth it.
    The scar I’m left with is pretty clean and I crop my hair to a number one although I ‘bald’it when I go on holiday. I just make a joke if people ask me about my scar but still wear hats a fair bit in the sun etc!
    Anyway the realisation that I exercise a lot means it wouldn’t be worthwhile having another HT as I’d crop it down anyway! Therefore , I’ve no doubt good SMP is for me.
    I’ve saw one competitor and didn’t like it as the hairlines looked like wee Lego men. Also , there seems to be lots of negative FB. I’m pretty convinced from my research that Skalp is the way to go , so if I don’t clear finance ( bad history ) I should have enough cash by December. I’m hoping to get the procedure done during school holidays as I can’t wear a hat at work!
    From what I’ve saw SKALP work looks good bit I’d be reluctant to get anyone new doing it that isn’t mentioned here as I’m only looking for quite a sparse hairline with coverage at my horseshoe and scar.

Has anyone had work done in Edinburgh ? What about practitioners? I know the guys here all say the quality standards are very uniform but I’d rather have one of the practitioners mentioned in the forum

Anyway enough of my rant, I’m looking forward to getting this done!

stevie
    Participant

Respect man ! I’m a teacher, too. I understand your frustrations of teaching whilst being so preoccupied with your hair. I’m still thinking it through, the Scalp pigmentation, that is. I’ve had two consultation and have a third tomorrow. From what I’ve seen and heard so far, Skalp seems the best option. The photos look good and the staff understand their not selling haberdashery.

Like everyone else, I want a natural look, so I’m thinking about a more faded hairline than most of the results I’ve seen. Some of the pics are of young good looking guys with dark hair. I’m 51 with fair hair which is turning grey. I think it’s important to take all these factors into account from the point of view of style and expectations. I’ve a scar to cover but I’m more concerned about the hairline looking natural. I’m looking on-line for examples of faded hairlines, so I can show the artist a photo of something like what I’d like. Can anybody advise me of any sites they’ve seen with good close up pictures of hairlines ?

Good luck coconunthead

coconuthead
    Participant

Just a wee quick update. Had a consultation on Friday. I was very impressed and applied for finance which I’ve passed, through adding my other half as my applicant! So looking forward to it , so I’m hoping to get booked up for the last day of school term, so there’s no worry about colleagues etc!

Kit
    Participant

Good luck ! You obviously did your research like me and made the right choice to go with Skalp .The other “company” is far to commercial based now and there CS has gone down hill imo.

coconuthead
    Participant

Booked in for my first session on 29th of June and second one on the 6th of July with Marcin at Edinburgh. Going to follow my transplanted hairline for a lower density receded look as I feel that a full hairline would be too drastic. The area I’m more concerned about is my top and crown.

mil123
    Participant

Hi, I did the same followed the HT hairline with a receded look and there is no way you can see I have had a HT, the SMP has covered the scars realy well to.

coconuthead
    Participant

Hi Mil, did you come any further forward than your HT hairline? I bet it’s effective though having stubble present on top.
    @stevie , are you any further forward with your hair ?

coconuthead
    Participant

Shaved right down last Friday with a very fine stubble. I have now only 21 days to go. Went to my work totally bald with HT scar the lot! Nobody said a thing apart from ‘ best way to have your hair when training in the summer’
    It’s amazing the difference between a number one, a zero guard and foil shaver. Within a week it’s almost back to a number one length!
    The HT scar I have stands out but is very clean and although long it isn’t deep, if anyone asks me I tell them! Lol. The good thing is after shaving you can feel stubble over the full head apart from a wee bit at the crown. This will give ( I hope) an authentic feel to my smp when done.
    Definitely keep updating my progress.

Attachments:
    coconuthead
    Participant

Hi all. Just a wee update. Here’s the results from my second session with Marcin! Marcin the magician is the top man! I wanted a natural receded hairline following my original transplanted hairline. The first photo is immediately after treatment and the second is less than four days after. So delighted considering I’ve been out and about without a hat.

Attachments:
    coconuthead
    Participant

I now realise I need Botox! I’ll keep trying to upload the pic immediately after the second.

Curly
    Participant

Looks very natural coconuthead.

coconuthead
    Participant

Thanks curly. Wanted age appropriate and not a huge change. I dress and act young but need to keep it real! Lol. I’m going to drop a few mm at hairline but still natural 🙂

Baldy01
    Participant

Excellent job there. Suits you and looks natural.

coconuthead
    Participant

Here’s the one I tried to post earlier. Immediately after session two.

coconuthead
    Participant

Oops. Try again. Straight after session two with Marcin.it honestly looks and feels like hair as I’ve got the stubble under it. Nobody would question it!

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!