Finally plucked up the courage!

Home Forums UK & USA CLIENT EXPERIENCES Finally plucked up the courage!

This topic contains 59 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Bang tidy August 30, 2017 at 1:44 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

So, like everyone else, the hope of getting a full head of hair back is a dream that will probably never be realised, in our lifetime anyway. After trying and failing with Regaine, I just gave up and stuck to messing around with filters on photos and trying not to stand under bright lights for pictures. I funnily enough found out about by one of my mates adding in the details on Facebook for a joke and then me getting a call from Isabella. After reading up, I contacted her back the next day to find out more info. It’s hard to believe this is a real thing? I popped into Manchester for a consultation a couple of days ago, less than 50/50 that this was something for me. Like everyone, the fear of it looking wrong Vs the joy of not seeing my baldy head in photos kept me awake for hours that night. I read page after page of this forum and looked at pics from all over the Internet too. After a long talk with my fiancée and some weirdly, unexpected support from my mates, I decided to go for it. So I’m now booked in with Marcin, the first week of March and filled with a mixture of fear and excitement. Now I just need to work out what hairline I want, which I’m guessing isn’t an easy choice. I’ve uploaded my mock up to show what I’m looking at myself, and I’ll upload more pics as I go along, for anyone that is stalking on here like I was haha

Just wanted to say though how amazing every person that works for skalp has been with me. They have made me feel so comfortable and explained everything so well. Can’t wait for my treatment now. I guess the only part I’m not is not being allowed to sweat for a while, as I love training, but it’s a extremely small price to pay!

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

My mock up

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

Apparently I look a bit like Shayne Ward according to my fiancée? Haha

DannyB
    Participant

Hi mate the mock up looks good, nice and natural. I to was a bit nervous about it coming up to the date but i can assure you your are in good hands. I can see a bit of shane ward in there, well with the hairline anyway lol

keep us updated with your progress

dan

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Dan! How did yours go? Do you have any regrets at all? My minds running over time haha its a huge decision isn’t it

Bang tidy
    Participant

Michael trust me you will have no regrets, it will be the best choice you have ever made, as soon as you start session 1 you will realise you were being nervous for nothing, enjoy the journey mate 🙂

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

So, had my first treatment yesterday. It didn’t hurt at all, it was actually quite therapeutic? Couldn’t of asked for a nicer guy to guide me through the process. This is a pic just before, then just after

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

The redness only feels like someone has slapped your head, so anyone worrying : don’t! I honestly didn’t think it would be that easy, and we put a lot shift in on my big head.
    These are pics this morning. I’ll update after my first shower too

MichaelH
    Participant

Well done, wow!

I’m impressed at how good the 1st treatment looks already- every time I see preview pics the dots look so big but I’m guessing that’s just because we tend the see the closeups! Good luck with your 2nd/ 3rd, it would be good to see those results too. I’m guessing the redness clears after a few days or so?

I’ve not quite plucked the courage to invest in this as I’m a bit concerned by the maintenance. But I guess that’s what a consultation is for?! The Manchester clinic is literally 5min away from work….

And have you had to lay off all training?

Cheers, good luck!

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

I was over the moon after the first session and was actually a bit worried it wouldn’t look as good, I was that happy with it. Unless you got really close, you couldn’t tell it was dotty. After the redness, I was out shopping etc… And no-one batted an eyelid. I showed my dad and he couldn’t believe how real it looked.
    So, I went for the second session, but I was in work the next day and was so paranoid as I have a customer facing job. I woke up next morning to find nearly all the redness and swelling had gone down, I was shocked! The 2nd session had made the big dots blend in and I was shocked. I went to work, still full of dread, but not one person noticed? It was still greasy off the cream, but I was just going to say it was moisturiser. This pic is the next night, after Itput a bit more moisturiser on

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

So, by the 3rd day, after the second treatment, it really started to settle and it looked amazing. I swear, this is the best thing I’ve ever done. My confidence has sky rocketed. It’s sounds stupid, but my clothes feel like they look better on me? Probably because I’m not focusing on them so much, to make up for my baldy head. My gf was almost against me going for this, and was terrified it would all go wrong, but she absolutely loves it. She says it’s took years off me and I look more attractive. I’ve added the latest pics. Any doubt I had has been blown away, and some of my friends are considering it themselves after seeing mine.

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

I took a pic in the car too. I’m trying different lighting to try and give the best view as possible. The practioner has been amazing from the start. He has guided me through it all. Telling me step by step how I would feel at each point, perfectly. I have no regrets whatsoever, and would recommend anyone to do it. Hair transplants never seem to work properly from what I’ve seen, and they cost an obscene amount. For the feeling I have when I look in the mirror this is a bargain. It feels like a huge cloud has left from over me. I’m taking more selfies than a Kardashian now haha in fairness, I am probably sounding a bit over the top, but honestly, get the procedure done, it’s amazing

greggs
    Participant

Wow MichaelW:

Shocking transformation.
    Cant wait for my treatment to be finished too.

Cheers

MikeDelta1
    Participant

Hello, looks very natural, good work. I’m thinking of going for it next month. I’m just concerned about the transition. I don’t want it to be noticeable between procedures and I’m conscious of the reddening and dot size after the first treatment. Could you tell me how long it took for the redness to die down and for the first set of dots to settle. I’d just like an idea of how many days off work I should take after each procedure. If you could advise I’d be grateful.

MichaelH
    Participant

Thanks for posting your updates- wow!

Ok I think this gives me the kick up the backside I need to give Manchester a call!

Pleased to hear how it’s making you feel, which is what it’s all about after all, and why we’re all here haha.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register a free forum account!

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags