Finally plucked up the courage!

Home Forums UK & USA CLIENT EXPERIENCES Finally plucked up the courage!

This topic contains 59 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Bang tidy August 30, 2017 at 1:44 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

Hi Mike. I took the week off work after the first treatment, just incase. I got mine done on a Friday, and by Saturday night, the redness had nearly all gone. By Monday, it looked that good, I went out in public. I was very paranoid though as from further than 2 foot away, it looked perfect. Being tall, it wasn’t an issue haha not one person gave me a second look though, at all and trust me, I was watching. It did look quite dotty up close, but the practioner said everyone goes through these worries and just wait for the 2nd treatment, it’s so much better. After the 2nd treatment, I had work the next day, as my boss just couldn’t give me any more time off. When I left late that night, my heart was in my mouth, it was red raw and I stayed awake for ages, worrying. By the next morning, it had healed so much quicker than the first and I toddled off to work, just worrying whether anyone would ask why my head was greasy haha no-one gave me a 2nd look again. Depending on your job, I would say 2-3 days after the first session, and 1-2 days after the second. It is an emotional rollercoaster as you can’t really accept it when you look in the mirror at first. I couldn’t recommend this treatment enough though. I did get scared beforehand about how genuine it would look, and I was a wreck when I first went in, just repeating over and over ‘just make it look authentic as possible’, but I swear, the practioner was a legend. He had the treatment, he’s been in your position, and he had the perfect answer to everything. I seriously wish I knew about this treatment years ago.

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

So, I’m a week after the 2nd session now, and I’m starting to forget it’s fake hair. Tonight is my first night out with some mates who haven’t seen it. They’ve been bowled over by the pics, but I can’t wait to see what difference e it will have on the ladies haha one bit of advice I would give though is try and get a very close head shaver. I have a babyliss istubble, which on the lowest setting looks good for about a day and a half. I’m looking at a bald Eagle shaver. If you’re going to Manchester, I had Marcin do my treatment. He’s brilliant. I can’t believe how concerned he is about getting it perfect. Get it done lads, I’ve never felt better!

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

Oh, and unfortunately, they recommend not to sweat at all, so I’ve not really been the gym for 2 weeks. That bit gutted me as I normally go nearly every day. But what’s 2 weeks off the gym really? I’m back training on Monday, and can’t wait for summer now.

MichaelH
    Participant

Thanks for the pro tips, I usually wet shave with a razor every few days- I shave against the hair for as close as I can get but a shaver on minimum would be ideal.

I have my appointment tomorrow! I should be able to get some flex with work I hope. Do you have long to go for your 3rd and I guess final treatment? It looks like you’re already sorted 🙂

conor
    Participant

It looks really great mate, I’ve been thinking about it for a few months but am nervous…does it ever look too shiny like if you are outside or under a strong light? Any chance you could try a few pics like this for us?

Top result!

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

No problem at all Michael! Leading up to my decision and treatment, I must of spent most of everyday researching as much as I could. I became a little obsessed. It seemed to good to be true? I couldn’t find enough answers to my questions and it irritated me, so I’m happy to answer anything for you. My stubble shaver is nowhere near as close as a wet shave or and electric face shaver, but it works for me and I can go 2 days without feeling a bit dodgy about the hair on the sides being longer. I guess it just becomes magnified to us, as we are paranoid about it. My final treatment is near the end of April and I can’t wait. I honestly believe it’s more or less sorted now, as I’m happy with it, but Marcin assured me the 3rd one will blow me away. It’s like the finishing touch. Good look on your meeting. Marcin was amazing with me, and still is now! Couldn’t of asked for a better practioner.

Hi Connor! I know your pain mate. I was trying to talk myself out of getting it, but kept getting pulled back towards it, hoping it was the real deal… Then I just thought, sod it, I’m already bald, what’s the issue- best thing I’ve done! I’ve not really noticed any shine really? Some people recommend that you put a matt moisturiser on, but I haven’t. I’ll be honest, I don’t put moisturiser on it every day though. Everyone’s skin is different I guess? Up to now, I havent noticed any down sides to this treatment at all, besides giving the gym a miss for a bit?

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

I’ll try and take some pics for you tomorrow, if I remember mate!

MichaelH
    Participant

Thanks Michael, I had my consultation today. The one question I didn’t ask, and am being asked at home now is what about 10/20/30 years later when I’m getting on a bit and what to do then. To be honest I haven’t thought that far ahead and while I don’t imagine being an OAP with a great big tattoo on my head (I’m 31), I don’t fancy possibly decades of what’s left of my youth going through crappy baldness. Seems like too long a time really so going to sleep on it and aim to take the plunge tomorrow and book!

Mr Marky
    Participant

Very nice result MichaelW, great shape and I like the little scar left it

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

These pics were taken, sat halfway out my car. The sun was quite bright, so I couldn’t do it properly. I hope they give an idea of how it looks in daylight. No-one has given my head a second look still? I’m made up!

MichaelH, I’m nearly 35. I too had this thought, but the fact I can live the rest of my youth looking the way I want to, far outweighs the drawbacks, if there is any? I’m not concerned how it will look in my 60s, as people will be used to me then anyway. I’ll worry about it when I’m older, and if it hasn’t completely faded by then or I don’t like it anymore, I’ll lazer it. Obvs, it’s a big big decision for you and I nearly got upset making it myself, but I don’t regret a thing now and only wish I had found it years ago. One of my mates keeps laughing, and saying he can’t believe it’s not hair, and I still haven’t had my 3rd session yet! Overall, I’m over the moon and would happily recommend anyone to get it, if only for my rise in confidence and how I feel when I look in the mirror. It sounds stupid, but its literally changed so much for me, for the better! Never thought I would say that? Haha

MichaelH
    Participant

Thanks for posting these, I can see why you’re made up- it looks flawless to me. I would never have known your hairline was anything other than how it looks today!

I think a lot of folks on this board must feel the same way- I feel like I can relate to everything you’ve written, it’s uncanny lol. I’ve been on the fence since my consultation but I caught myself in the gym earlier and thought sod it, so I have called and paid the deposit!

I’m seeing Dean I think it is, in Manchester in 2 weeks. I have to be honest I feel a bit sick lol, and it’s a big chunk of money but results like yours and others have really helped me push through and hope for a similar result! 🙂

Dodgybarnet
    Participant

That looks really good mate, one of the best I’ve seen!

daniel
    Participant

looks really good mate, a massive improvement!! i really wish i could see someone like this up close

conor
    Participant

thanks for posting, looks totally real! if you are ever in london let me know, I’m trying to see a few examples before I make my decision

MichaelW
    MichaelW
    Participant

Well done MichaelH! You won’t regret a thing. Yes, it is alot of money when it’s in front of you like that, but I’ve only had 2 treatments and I love it. I don’t even think about the money, for what it’s don’t for my confidence. I went out on Saturday night and felt amazing. Every time I catch myself in the mirror I can’t help smile. I’ve uploaded a pic of what it looks like now, alongside what it looked like just before I started my first treatment. I’ve deleted so many baldy pics off my Facebook, it was amazing to say goodbye to the old me.

Thanks for all the comments guys! I really appreciate it

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register a free forum account!

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags