First session booked for the 13th May ;)

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum First session booked for the 13th May ;)

• This topic has 29 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated by GANINBALD.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    GANINBALD
    Participant

I have just had my consultation with Martin at the Manchester clinic this was on the 14th March. Martin is a sound bloke. His hair looked great and he was treated by Damon. He still had stubble on the top which made his hair feel real. We talked about general treatment questions and said that I needed to get my scalp in tip top condition. my scalp was a little dry so I am now using E45 cream 3 times a day to get it perfect for the day of my treatment.

I have been thinking for a while now to get this treatment as it is my only option there is no chance of myself getting a hair transplant. I have been blading since the age of 24, I am now 28. I knew I was receding at the front but didn’t really know how bad it was around the crown as I really didn’t want to look in the mirror at it. I was I suppose living in denial it was my friends and work mates that noticed the thumb print on the back of my head. I was started to get sick to the death of the childish bald receding remarks.

I looked into what coverups I could use and saw the hair fibers. I bought a tube which at 30 quid was not cheap but like magic it did work my hair was thicker. Now my mates were really confused and thought that I had, had some work done like a hair transplant they could not get their heads round it haha. I kept using these fibers but it was a pain in the arse a nightmare to wash out because of the fibers sticking to my scalp. It was embarrassing also when going to my hairdresser’s and having to tell him what the black marks were on my scalp. I had to be wary when It rained or when I was in the swimming pool incase the fibers ran down my face. The fibers went all over the pillows so in the end a few weeks ago I thought right that’s it my hair is getting clippered off. Mainly to see if I suited the look and for Skalp to have a better look at my scalp condition and the shape of my head. I wasn’t really that nervous about shaving all of my hair off as it was starting to look like a mess anyway and to be honest it looks better shaved off.

The only problem is that I wanted to get the treatment done straight away so my mates think that I’ve shaved my head and the treatment is my real hair, so because my first session isn’t until the 13th May i’m going to have to wear a hat, but if they see it well there’s nothing I can do. I love the fact that now I no longer have to sort my hair out in the morning and worry about the wind messing it up and getting it wet. I have just purchased a bald eagle smart shaver and it is amazing who ever invented this piece of kit is a genius.

I really cant wait to get my treatment done with Damon and this hopefully will be a life changer and one thing in my life that I don’t need to worry about. It will feel weird at first showing everyone that I have shaved my head but eventually I will have a full head of hair again the shaved effect and I will now be to watch them go bald and I can stand in their shoes with the balding jokes haha.

Darren1971
    Participant

Good luck mate you won’t regret it 🙂

GANINBALD
    Participant

Feels like I’ve been waiting forever for this day to come. Not long now it has got to the point where I was trying to wear my hat as often as I could so friends and family wouldn’t notice that I have shaved my head. Because of shaving it about 6 weeks ago I have getting used to the look and haven’t been wearing my hat and mainly because of the weather being decent it looks weird with a beanie hat on in the sun. People that I have shown haven’t really been bothered but I still haven’t shown my true friends yet because I think they will notice a difference from now and after the treatments. I will upload some before pictures before my first treatment.

RedDevil
    Participant

All the best m8. You’ll love it.

hairtoday
    Participant

I’ve got one of the Skull Shavers by Bald Eagle too and can’t recommend them enough! Its a breeze to shave down after a shower. Good luck with you treatment your in good hands with the Manchester team. Keep hold of your hat though as the finished look won’t be until after session 3!

GANINBALD
    Participant

Cheers redDevil and hairtoday how long does the first session usually take and where’s the best place to park at the Manchester clinic any1 got a postcode 🙂

shed7
    Participant

My first treatment was about 2.5/3 hours if I remember correctly. I suppose will depend on the size of your head and how bald you are.

I got the train so not up on good parking.

markyb
    Participant

Ganinbald where are you coming for
    Manchester can be a pain to park and expensive
    Think the little car parks on the outskirts of city are cheaper
    I live in Wigan and catch train
    Plus when you are done you can grab a well deserved beer

Are the skull shavers that good
    I have a electric shaver but find its hard to get some bits done

hairtoday
    Participant

I also went in by train as it was far cheaper than petrol plus parking costs! (£16 return!) My first session was just over 3 hours, but I had nothing on top so needed a lot of work plus a small scar too. Second session was a similar time around 3 hours.

markyb, I rate my skull shaver, because of the design and 5 rotary things it is a breeze just rub it over your head until its shaved down enough. Usually takes 5 minutes max to do the horseshoe area after a shower and less than 30 seconds to clean it afterwards! Its been worth the money for me already and I’m only 3 weeks into my SMP journey!

markyb
    Participant

seems a long time 5 minutes,
    i preferred the electric at first but now favour wet shave. although i don’t like the bear skin feeling
    where did you get your skull from?
    are they all from overseas.
    I’m just over 12 months in now, not updated my blog for a while. think i need to have a look at updating it.
    mine was a longer journey, but that was because i had psoriasis but we got there and I’m really happy.
    please note i was an exception not the rule. most people 3 treatments and maybe a small touch up

longrange69
    Participant

I use a skull shaver – takes me five minutes and I wet shave once a week to begin again. Skull shaver is a great product.

GANINBALD
    Participant

I’m travelling from Newcastle, I’ve already been to the Manchester clinic for my consultation and I parked in the NCP car park it was a nightmare, thought I was going wreck the car going round the tight corners in the multistory. I got my skull shaver from amazon.co.uk it is an excellent shaver the design of it is brilliant it can take a while to have a close shave with it I find it cuts closer if you don’t go fast over your head.

hairtoday
    Participant

5 minutes was just a figure to say not long. I haven’t actually timed it. I would say longer than wet shaving as you have to go over it a few times unlike wet shaving, but its certainly not a long time. I bought mine direct (http://www.skullshaver.com/electric-shavers-men) from them as I wanted to get some of the accessories too and they didn’t sell them in their UK Amazon store (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=1&isCBA=&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&orderID=&seller=A3HU2XTDXPKSYX&sshmPath=) but they do now. I would go with UK store if you want one as I was stung with import duties so worked out more expensive in the end even though I bought it on offer with 35% off! I got the travel case and stand, both well worth getting.

markyb
    Participant

Thanks for the info on the skull
    Amazon got it for around £95
    Ganinbald have a look at this site

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/manchester/

There is some cheap parking on the outskirts
    A sat nav will help to locate them
    I priced the train for you
    £72 return that’s pricey

GANINBALD
    Participant

I have had my second session done a while back with Damon and couldn’t be any happier it really does look amazing I keep looking at it and thinking how can the 3rd treatment make this look any better. Typical that I lost my phone a few weeks back but hope Damon still have photos that I can get a hold of. A lot of friends and people that know me have been really confused because I know that they are thinking deep down Eh how has he got a full head of hair which has been shaved. A friend the other day was taking the mic out of someone that was balding then the conversation turned to me but then someone said well at least he can grow his hair back haha. I will upload some photos and then try and get my old ones back 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!