Going for it!

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Going for it!

• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated by irishfella1989.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    irishfella1989
    Participant

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all good!

So i’ve decided to go ahead and get SMP with Skalp. My first session is booked in for Friday Dec 11th in Manchester. I wanted to start a thread so I could update you on my experience.

I’m 25 and have been cursed with a receding hairline since my early 20’s. My story is probably a little different to most lads here, because I’ve already gotten SMP done earlier this year. Last June, after weeks of research I decided to get temporary SMP done in Italy, because I wasnt sure if it would suit me or not. I shaved my head for the first time the night before and was pleased with the results initially but after a few weeks I noticed it had faded quite a bit. I was told it would last a year but hasn’t. You can see from my pics that it’s faded quite a bit now, so it’s time to get the real deal with Skalp.

Nervous but excited for my first session. It sucks being the only one in your group of mates with no hair 😉

Will update this after my first session.

Cheers!

Attachments:
    red4life
    Participant

What was it like for u to shave all ur hair off at first , like me I’ve never had the shave look worried it won’t suit me as we have to have it real short in order it to match with the smp

irishfella1989
    Participant

Shaving it the off the first time is always going to be daunting but you’d be surprised how it might suit you. Getting the SMP done the next day made it a bit easier for me because I wasn’t walking around with a totally bald head for long.

jeff89
    Participant

Hi Irishfella
    I’ve just had my first session done in Manchester Mate with fantastic results even tho the dots look low density. It will look even more natural on second session when the density kicks in.
    Your in safe hands mate they are experts at what they do at Skalp.
    🙂

irishfella1989
    Participant

So I had my first session with Dean last Friday and it’s looking pretty good. Unsure of whether to go darker or lower the hairline but will see when I go for session 2.

Attachments:
    Daniel A
    Participant

looking good irishfella, wait until you have the 2nd session it gets even better, hairline looks very natural already, i think you could bring it down a tiny bit, up to you though mate, the density makes it darker anyway, see what it looks like when you get there then decide if you want to go darker, the guys at skalp are experts and you can just leave it in your their hands as they know what it’s going to look like once its settled.

Kit
    Participant

Session three is where the magic happens your in good hands so enjoy the ride !

irishfella1989
    Participant

Hey guys

So I had my second session with Dean yesterday. To say i’m over the moon is an understatement. The treatment looks great, the density makes it look 100% natural and i’m no longer bald! I could not be happier. I’m off out tonight to show it off 😉 Also, if you’re looking for a top class practitioner Dean is your man. He’s dead sound and is very patient. He knows what looks good and how a proper hairline should look.

I took these pics this morning (24 hours after the procedure). There’s some ointment on my head so it looks a bit shinier than it normally would.

Attachments:
    Lucky33
    Participant

Great result irishfella, I can see why your over the moon mate

red4life
    Participant

Can u still use rogain foam when u have had smp

Dodgybarnet
    Participant

Im pretty sure rogaine foam contains alcohol so probably not a great idea as it will rapidly fade the treatment

coconuthead
    Participant

Yip. Definitely will fade it.

Lucky33
    Participant

Why on earth would you want to continue to use rogaine after having the treatment, the whole point of having it done is so that you can stop worrying about hair loss, hanging on to a couple of thinning hairs is going to make zero difference to the effect, just shave it and stop worrying

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!