Good idea

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by coconuthead.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    coconuthead
    Participant

I can’t seem to post the link but anyone getting a new treatment could consider the Brave the Shave campaign for McMillan cancer. I’m going to grow what I have over the next three weeks before my treatment then take the lot off and post my after pics on Facebook !

m41
    Participant

Great cause. Nice one 🙂

stevie
    Participant

Yeah, for sure, it’s a good cause and puts things into perspective a little. Let us know how your treatment goes.

I’m seriously considering going ahead with it, but not 100% sure. I liked my mock-up and, after a Skype consultation, I went over to the Manchester clinic for a face to face chat. I spoke to the artists and one of the guys who was having his treatment. The guys there are great and take the time to address any concerns that you may have about the treatment.

As for the treatment itself in the flesh, it looks very natural. We have different ideas about how we’d like our hairline to be according to our age and colouring etc, but it DOES look very natural. The artist I saw on the day had both had the treatment done and, in my opinion, it looked great. This was also the same in the case of the two guys who were having their treatment done when I arrived. The work I saw looked undetectable as anything but a natural blade-one. The question for me is, will the blade-one look suit me ? The mock-ups say yes, and my experience over at the Manchester clinic makes it very likely that I’ll go ahead with the treatment in the Autumn.

I have some concerns about when to save my head. I’d like to save it now, so I can let me head get some sun to match my tanned faced. I can’t do this though, as I’ll be teaching in the classroom until late August and I have a scar from an HT. If anyone has any advice on this, then please advise.

Good luck, Coconuthead. I hope your results are just as you want them to be.

coconuthead
    Participant

I first shaved the lot off with a razor a few years ago during the Christmas hols. I’ve let it grow various lengths since. I have an HT scar and I’m a teacher too , nobody said anything. When I recently shaved it a colleague in the Staffroom said to me about the scar and I brass necked it telling her my frontal hair was an HT. She was fascinated ! However , that’s not for everyone. Previously I went to a good barber who’d take my hair in with a zero blended to a one but clipper combed around the scar into a number two. This way you hardly saw the scar. Your best bet is to get a shorter haircut and gradually go shorter and get SMP during the school hols. Even advertise the fact that you are doing a sponsored shave for the cancer charity !
    Will definitely be updating my treatment diary progress on here.

hairtoday
    Participant

I considered doing the whole charity head shave thing too as I was a system wearer so would give me an excuse, but in the end I just shaved it off. The charity idea is good, but may draw a lot of attention and also it won’t be perfect until after session 3 so you will have around a six week period from start to finish. The side for me was if I did something like this for charity they would want a video of it being shaved off which I couldn’t do!

coconuthead
    Participant

Yes. Definitely hear you. I was hoping to reveal my shave after the second session. Hope yours is settling well!

hairtoday
    Participant

It is coconuthead, the redness was gone after a couple of days and the new lower hairline has transformed it dramatically for me. The half inch lower changes the framing of my face when looking in the mirror massively. I need more density on the hairline now, which should be done over next few weeks and then I’m ready for the summer 😀

JR25
    Participant

That’s a fantastic idea coconut head.

Great way of getting into the treatment and helping others.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!