Hair System to SMP :)

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Hair System to SMP :)

• This topic has 52 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated by hairtoday.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    hairtoday
    Participant

I’ve been a hair system wearer for over 16 years (started very young). I had it stuck to my head before I really went bald so most people didn’t even see me receding and I only watched myself go bald every 4 weeks when I had to visit to hair clinic for the system taking off cleaning and sticking back on. About 7 years ago I started to do it all myself so I could take it off every 2 weeks, but still it was quite limiting. I’ve not been happy wearing the hair system for sometime, although when its on it does look good and I’m still young enough to pull it off (early 30’s). I have looked at SMP for a couple of years and decided to go for it last summer. It took me another 8 months before I actually made the call to Skalp! I have had my consultation and I’m booked in for my first session this week! To add to the mix I had 500 hair grafts many years ago so a nice strip scar running across the back of my head. I have kept my hair long enough so no one knows about the scar too. I decided at the weekend to buzz all my remaining hair off to get ready for my first treatment in the hope I wouldn’t get called in to the office to work (I usually work from home). I went down to a number 1 then this morning I have taken the plunge and shaved using my new Skull Shaver. It feels weird being down to the bone after wearing a hair system for so long, but surprisingly I’m liking the shaved look so far and thats without the SMP so a good start. I’ve got a feeling in a few months time I’m going to be kicking myself for not doing this sooner (fingers crossed). I’ve not read many hair system to smp stories and wondered if there was anyone else on the forum? I still haven’t planned on what to say to people when I go from hair to shaved. I can see there will be plenty of hat wearing to start with!

HairHope
    Participant

Hi Hairtoday,

I too went from system to smp and am due for my third treatment soon. You can see some of my stories in the forum. It does take some time to get used to the new look, and have to say I’m now a bit bored of people who haven’t seen me yet looking all shocked haha, but overall I’m really happy I made the change! I had big hair too with the system, loved the look but it was just too much work. I feel very free 🙂

I’m sure you’ll look amazing especially if you’re already happy with the look before the treatments!

I’m looking forward to a summer where I can finally not have any worries about my hair and dive into a pool spontaneously etc. (Sun tan lotion of course!)

Look forward to some of your pics!

HairHope

Kit
    Participant

Hi hairtoday hope all goes well for you.

Hair84
    Participant

Hey Hairtoday,

Im in a similar situation and Im thinking about doing the same thing. (maybe this spring/summer)
    I know the problem of not feeling free to do all the things you want to do (jumping into water
    spontaneously, doing as much sports as you like, standing in strong wind and just enjoy it
    and so on … you know what Im talking about …
    Im very interested in your story and
    really hope that you will get the result you are hoping for !!!
    When will you have your treatment exactly and are you willing to post some pictures after its done?
    Good luck to you and hope to read much more about your story!
    Greets!

hairtoday
    Participant

Thanks for the posts guys. I’m booked in with Antonio tomorrow afternoon for my first session. I will post some pictures probably after the second session next week. So much of what you wrote hair84 rings bells with me, I’m looking forward to a summer with out constantly worrying about how the system looks.

hairtoday
    Participant

Another thing to bear in mind if your considering having this done, is do it before the summer! Last thing I wanted to do was do it in September after the summer and peel off my system then having a bright white head and tanned face! I tan fairly easy so my face is usually tanned from just walking around and top of my head due to the system is bright white. At least taking the system off now gives me a chance to even out the look over the summer (factor 50 from shoulders up from now!).

Hair84
    Participant

Hey!

Thank you, thats really an important aspect … I think my face is already taned a little bit now … 😉
    Hope everything went right today … looking forward to your report.

hairtoday
    Participant

The morning after!

First of all I couldn’t be more pleased with how I was welcomed and treated yesterday at the clinic. Antonio my Practitioner was extremely friendly.

Antonio treated me today and there were more dots than I expected for the first session. Theres still redness this morning and I can’t shave so still hard to fully see the results. I have taken some pics which should be attached as a start and I will keep this thread updated with progress. My first thoughts this morning is the hairline is slightly too high compared to where my hair system was, but I expected a higher hairline on session 1 as most have said its easy to lower but you can’t raise without laser! I also think I need the sides looking at as they are too straight up. Overall a good first session and I’m happy 😀

Roll on a few weeks time when I’m diving in the deep end of the swimming pool!

hairtoday
    Participant

Before with system attached

hairtoday
    Participant

Pre treatment without system

hairtoday
    Participant

Day 1 after Session 1

Hair84
    Participant

Hey,

that looks good already! I actually think it already looked “ok” before the treatment … but of course that would
    be very hard to explain to others … Wow, you lost yout hair from one day to another ??? … impossible, right?

Thanks for the pictures … I would agree that you can lower the hairline a little bit. I think it would look best, if the hairline doesnt grt too straight, but that there are some “tempels” left … hope my English is right in this context …

Ahhhh, I think I want it too … 😉 Congrats for doing the first step … the rest will be easy ! 😉

hairtoday
    Participant

I was surprised myself when I shaved it down I too liked the look before the SMP. If I hadn’t wore a system for last 16 years or got the scar at the back I would have been tempted to run with it! Easy to say though not sure in practise I would have! I’m def going to look at temples on session 2, but so far so good and the redness is settling well. One other thing I did which helped the scalp look better than a bright white void was use some of this http://www.boots.com/en/Dove-Summer-Glow-Nourishing-Lotion-Fair-to-Medium-Skin-250ml_1329539/ I only used it for a couple of days before and it took the edge off the scalp and helped blend better with my face. Once I’m all clear and healed I will use it again just to tone the scalp a bit.

shed7
    Participant

Well done hairtoday. Must have been a big decision to remove the system?

At least now you’re free and I think you’ve made a grant decision going for smp.

Antonio who treated you has given you a great start. You are right to be more cautious and can always come lower.

hairtoday
    Participant

Hi shed7, it was a huge decision! It has taken just over 2 years to make the plunge. I’m glad in a way that I waited until I was fully sure, but after starting the process I do kind of wish I had started earlier! Antonio was great and has by far exceeded my first session hopes, he’s doing session 2 next week as well so looking forward to getting back to Manchester!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!