Hair System to SMP :)

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Hair System to SMP :)

• This topic has 52 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated by hairtoday.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Hair84
    Participant

Hey,

maybe it could be like this in the end !? … Hope it is ok that I “used” your picture …

Greets! How do you feel right now ??? 🙂

hairtoday
    Participant

That’s roughly the line I was looking at as that’s where my system went. Thanks for your input the more ideas the better!

Baldy01
    Participant

I think you’ve made the right decision to remove the wig.

Just think of the freedom you will now enjoy.

hairtoday
    Participant

The freedom was the main factor in my going ahead, I was fed up of being restricted.

Today is a day full of itchy scalp! Its really settled down with not much redness now, but it doesn’t half itch! I know its down to the healing like any other break in the skin so hopefully it heals quick and stops itching soon!

hairtoday
    Participant

There seems to have been a forum rest and its lost some posts on this thread. I will repost day 4 pics from session 1.

hairtoday
    Participant

This was day 5 close up as someone requested it, but was deleted in the forum reset.

hairtoday
    Participant

Right caught back with the old pictures, now its day 1 after session 2! As with session 1 I couldn’t have been treated better.

There was a mix up with diaries and fair play to the Skalp team they didn’t cancel any appointment they made it work. That gave me a lot more trust in the company as it showed they don’t leave their clients with half done treatments they make sure the clients come first.

Antonio (from the London clinic) came up to do my second treatment again and was spot on as before. Its a shame he’s London based and only covering at Manchester so not available for my 3rd session. I think SKALP needs to do some arm twisting and get Antonio up to Manchester full time 😀

I had a little wobble after the session was complete thinking the hairline wasn’t low enough and popped back in. They took the time to talk me through it as Antonio was already treating another client. Again time didn’t seem like An issue. I think with this process the dots on your head are the easy part, its the mental part that takes some getting your head around. Whether you have come from a bald head, constant hat wearer or system wearer what you are seeing in the mirror is something different. I don’t think anyone who has this treatment will truly look at it and see what others will see, we are far more critical. Its a process of going from what you had (or didn’t have!) to a finished loo. It happens over at least 3 sessions so the weeks in between are not just about developing the treatment, but also adjusting how you see your head. I have started to read other SMP stories on other forums talking about rushing sessions to gain density and shorten the process, only to come back 12 months later with a treatment (not by Skalp) that is not right either too low, too sharp, too dark, too dense and all this not because of the treatment, but they admit themselves its due to rushing the sessions and adding/lowering before letting everything settle and really looking at it. One thing I came away with yesterday is I want a great treatment in the end, this can’t be rushed and it can’t happen over night or at session 1. Any of the SMP companies can give you a great full look after 1 session, but then over time it will fade unevenly, lose some sections etc and most who go haven’t had an hairline for some years so don’t really know what they want or what will suit their face, so the best companies will be over cautious and spread it over at least 3 sessions so the treatment can be evened out and tweaked and perfected to last years not months!

I have a feeling my hairline will be lower in the end, but its at the right height for this stage in the process. For anyone about to undertake this process I would say have a goal, a final look in mind, but don’t set it in stone allow yourself to adjust it depending on how the sessions develop and don’t expect that look to be complete until after session 3. Sessions 1 and 2 are about laying down a foundation and giving you an idea of how it will look so you can then plan your final look which will be done on session 3. I think this post is long enough now, I only intended a short summary and pictures, but got carried away!

Final thoughts after session 2, I’m still 100% sure I have made the right choice with treatment, clinic, company and practitioner. Role on session 3 😀

m41
    Participant

Having this treatment is certainly a roller coaster but it’s so worth it. Once it settles you will be really happy and glad you got ride of a wig.

If you decide to go lower with the hairline then do it, but better to be safe than sorry.

Hair84
    Participant

Hey,

seems you are on the right way … how has it developed during the last 3-4 days?
    Has it settled already?
    Thank you for posting all the pictures again, because the forum didnt work for some time …

Greets and hope you are still happy having startig it? 🙂

hairtoday
    Participant

I’ve had a busy weekend so no chance to post an update. I’ve tested it out in public, but a bit conscious because the SMP was a lot darker than my own shaved hair. I ended up blending the line with black face paint to ease the transition and seemed to do the job. The SMP has faded a bit, but still darker than my own hair even after a days growth. I’m not too concerned at the moment as I’m sure there will be more fading over then next few days. It would have been easier to blend with a days growth, but the SMP doesn’t quite go into my own hair enough at the back so there is a 1cm patch of my own hair which is light than the rest (see back photo), this patch doesn’t show on a fresh shave but fresh shave is too light! Catch 22!

Still no regrets so far as I’m looking end goal and after living with a system for 16 years the odd bit of tweaking here and there during transition between sessions is not too much to ask. These pictures at taken Day 5 after session 2 and with a days growth after an electric shave.

hairtoday
    Participant

Day 6 post session 2 and the SMP is still very dark compared to my own hair. I have shaved with an electric today. The scar area is looking good though. The SMP doesn’t seem to be blending, hopefully next few days it will fade down to my natural colour.

JR25
    Participant

At this stage mine looked darker but it fades. Probably took mine a month to really come down to match better.

hairtoday
    Participant

Cheers for that JR, just the reassurance I needed! Looks like a bit more hat wearing for the coming weeks.

m41
    Participant

Yes don’t worry about the darkness as it comes down over a period of a few weeks.

Scar looks really good.

hairtoday
    Participant

Day 8 Post Session 2 and the darkness is coming down to my own colour now 😀 Its still a shade off, but I’m not worried now its lightening. These pictures are after a fresh electric shave this morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!