Hair system wearer thinking Smp

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Hair system wearer thinking Smp

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by newhair12345 .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

newhair12345
    Participant

Hey guys! Firstly appreciate anyone reading this! Been wearing a hair system for a good ten years and I’m only 30! With being married and two lovely boys I want to ditch the system . Spend less time with the labour of wearing and buying hair systems and go for smp! I’ve had mockups from other places and you could say the past few months I’ve done extensive easeach on the procedure! Skalp has impressed me by far the most! More so for the practitioners having the treatment them selves! Anyways as for smp my ambition is to this next year ! Like any treatment people will write good and bad! On smp 95% of what I’ve read has been very positive! Unfortunately for me I clicked on a forum about smp fading! Now again from doing research and from having a previous quote I know my treatment is 3 sessions . Between session one and two there may be fade, session two I believe almost seals the deal, session 3 the finale . I believe the treatment could last maybe 5 years or more. Others slightly less with a need for a touch up which is fine with me! However in this forum there were multiple clients who have had the treatment in another clinic which I will not name that we’re claiming there treatment faded considerably, even after treatment 2, other said it was something to do with a certain numbered ink! Others were claiming the results had virtually disappeared after the final session ! This is worrying, but I would be positive and believe this could be nonsense as everyone else seems fine! I have a month of work next year for this. My advantage wearing a system is come next year I can ditch the system and just say look I shaved my head! Happy days! But then weeks down the road I wouldn’t want my ink to fade and look bald as many people are claiming! I believe you can get patch tests to ensure ink takes and stays. For me that would be the final deal for me !! Listen I am being positive about smp but this forum did give me reason to be concerned! In meantime I’m going to book a consultation with Skalp face to face! And down road would love to meet clients who have had this for a coffe!! Thank you all !! Look forward to replies

George
    Participant

Mate there are so many new clinics popping up trying to do this, of course you are going to get some cowboys that have no clue what they are doing and all there treatments fade, I think I know what other forum/company you are talking about too, that place has been a clinic to avoid for years now. Same with any business you will have s**t places and amazing places. Let’s say you’re buying a car, you’re not going to get the same quality from Dave’s dodgy second hand motors as you would at Rolls Royce. You just happen to be at Rolls Royce with Skalp. Go and see the guys and they will look after you and help you get rid of the system, bet it is a nightmare especially with 2 young boys.

newhair12345
    Participant

Thanks George ! Really appreciate your reply ! Yes there are way too many drawbacks wearing a hair system especially now having two young boys! And the systems are not cheap I must add! I will most certainly get a consultation booked! I’ll update everyone on how that goes! Cheers mate!!

newhair12345
    Participant

Hi guys! Just to update I’ve messaged Skalp direct. Who like professionals they’re replied the next day! I’m getting in touch early next week to book a consultation over the next coming months! I will keep everyone posted! My journey is going to be a bit different as I’m hiding my hair loss by wearing a hair system. But smp is going to remove a problem and turn makes things better by providing a more practical solution, and I must say a trendy solution! Anyways not getting carried away but positive for future!

Thesp123
    Participant

Hi new hair 12345, i am new to smp but from my research I definitely think Skalp are the leaders on what they do. I am concerned however on the fact that there isn’t much information out there on fading. Is this because smp is relatively new so there isn’t much data? or are people just not talking about it? I know about fading during the initial three sessions but what about long term? I don’t mind going for a touch up every 3-5 years but I often think what if the clinic closes or a particular practitioner leaves, what if the touch ups go wrong? These are questions I can’t seems to find the answer to. Despite this I am still going for SMP after 15 years of hiding my hair loss I am simply fed up and want an easy life. I am going for my SMP treatment next month and intend on documenting everything from day one to help others, hopefully after 5 -10 years or so I will have a good amount of info to share but obviously that is a long time away. 🙂

ryanl94
    Participant

Thesp123 … I have the same worry that if I go aghead with it and a few years down the line what if skalp closes down smp goes off the market or the practitioners not doing it anymore does anyone have any info on it

Dave1981
    Participant

Woooo, I know that everyone is a bit nervous before having the treatment, but you’re worrying about things you don’t need to worry about. What if aliens invaded earth in 5 years does that mean I shouldn’t buy a house now, or what if bmw go out of business in 5 years shall I not buy a bmw? get what I mean?

Just look at what is in front of you
    1. Do you want a hairline, like the look of the treatment and think that you will like it on you?
    2. Fading isn’t a big deal, the treatment has been around long enough to know what it will look like In 5-10 years, the treatment will get lighter after a few years and we can just go for a touch-up. If you like it looking lighter leave it longer in-between touch-ups.
    3. Skalp are currently the best at this treatment and have been for years. I don’t think they will be closing down, this industry is getting bigger not going off the market, us bald guys won’t allow it too lol

I know what it’s like before taking the leap and getting the treatment, just trust skalp they will look after you. I bet any money after getting it done you will be saying it is the best decision you have ever made.

newhair12345
    Participant

Hi guys! Been off here for a few days so thought I’d best get back up to date! In regards to my comments about fading, I was referring to a forum (from another clinic not Skalp) that had many clients commenting that after 3 smp treatment, their results had faded dramatically, basically gone! So for me ditching a hair system, to then having a cool shaved look, telling folk I’ve just shaved my hair. To a few days after my final treatment my results have gone! Meaning how would I explain my hair disappearing! This forum wasn’t chatting about 3-5 years later, these guys had dramatic fading within days! But and this is a but I believe these clients had received the treatment in a clinic that has a reputation and a place to avoid! I’ve been advised Skalp is the rolls Royce !! I have had reassurance from other clients and I’m very impressed with Skalp! So to clarify I’m ok with some fading over years with touch’s up along the way! If any ! My concern was that was I had my treatment how would I explain if the results had faded instantly!! I know I won’t have this problem with Skalp! I’ve been in direct contact with Skalp! Oh and whilst I’m here it seems there is a huge market for smp so I’m confident Skalp will be about for years ! Cheers guys !! Nice chatting in here and getting positive feedback , no negative stuff on here !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.