Third session upcoming bit of advice needed please

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Third session upcoming bit of advice needed please

• This topic has 12 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by Fletch70.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    cannybaldy
    Participant

Well I took the plunge after five years on the sidelines I’m 57 just had my first session at Edinburgh. First photo is my mock up and others are three days later happy so far but think I might go a bit darker and a bit lower on the temples which was to be expected and explained.

Attachments:
    seb131
    Participant

Looks great even after the first session! Keep us updated!

cannybaldy
    Participant

Thanks Seb !! I will do

cannybaldy
    Participant

First day after second session with Christine at Edinburgh.

Attachments:
    cannybaldy
    Participant

Five days today after my second session I’ve shaved my head softly with my Pitbull shaver and moisturised must say it’s coming along nicely just a couple of things I’d appreciate some advice on please. I think the temples could come out a little bit more and the one on the left softer, I was thinking of going a tiny bit darker but as mentioned on here when more density is added it will go slightly darker anyway ?. Also I was thInking of lowering my hairline slightly but I know it’s age appropriate and as I’m 57 🙈 I wasn’t too sure, third session coming up in a few weeks I just want to get it bang on, cheers guys.

Attachments:
    James12345
    Participant

Looks great Canny, like seriously good. I wouldn’t change the hairline at all, looks really natural and has framed your face.

I appreciate when people post photos of their SMP in different lighting conditions, rather than just in the best conditions possible!

Cheers

James

cannybaldy
    Participant

Cheers for that James third session in three weeks looking forward to getting it finished off, one of the best things I ever did.

Cologne77
    Participant

From a 58yr old who has had the treatment that is a grand job! Quite resembles my own actually, including the scar. Imo, you have the right head shape and features, looks natural. You’ve raised your profiles a few times and have shown concern about them.If you really want to, ask your practitioner about adding temple-points. Soft and faded being the way to go, I don’t hear them being mentioned too much in this field but they can make a big difference if like me you have lost yours. I asked specifically to get mine added and they are the dogs! My personal preference would be to leave your hairline as is, it’s perfect for your age and facial dynamics and if, down the line you still have concerns, you can get a mil or two added. You can always come down a little but never up! Density is where it should be at this stage and your 3rd pop will fill in and finish off. Then leave to heal and a little bit of time for blending, job done.Top marks to your practitioner, an artist for sure , really nice job. I’m sure you’re mighty pleased with it, I know I would be.

cannybaldy
    Participant

Hi Cologne thanks for your input very helpful must say I am happy with it and so far so good Christine at Edinburgh is a brilliant practitioner that’s for sure.

cannybaldy
    Participant

Settling in quite nicely just over a week since 2nd session considering I was completely bald looking forward so much to my 3rd session.

Attachments:
    Fletch70
    Participant

Great to see you took the plunge in the end, it looks amazing, even after the 2nd session in my opinion. What does your missus think? I remember you saying you had to convince her.
    I think Christine has got your hairline spot on in my opinion and I like the way she has blended the sides near the temples. I’d be really happy with that result. Great shape, frames your face perfectly and a nice soft hairline. If you decide to come down a bit then it would look good but probably not as natural as now (age appropriate as you say).
    As for the colour, I think it’s spot on, especially as it will darken slightly when the density increases after the third session. Out of interest, what color grade did they use in your second session? For example, my three sessions were 64, 50 and then 49.
    All the best with your 3rd session, let us know how you get on and what you decide. Post some pictures when its settled.

Fletch

cannybaldy
    Participant

Hi Fletch and thanks 👍 yes I’m happy with it so far my partner has totally come around about it she was dead set against it and put me off for a few years but since I’ve had especially my second session she said “you should have done it years ago” 🤦🏼 lol you’ve got to love em 😂. Looking forward to my third session so much. Wired thing is I went out for a few pints with my brother and he never mentioned it went to my partners parents which I thought would have been the acid test and again nothing, yet I get home look in the mirror and it looks like I’ve actually now got hair after 30 years without. Part of me was disappointed they didn’t notice but then I thought no that’s what I’m after subtlety as far as the colour grades I really don’t know Fletch I just left it in Christines more than capable hands. Still think I want the temples brought out slightly, soft and faded. As I said I’m really looking forward to my third session and not wearing a cap in future you would have thought I had shares in Nike 😂😂

Fletch70
    Participant

It’s funny reading your experiences, as mine was the same. Don’t worry about people not noticing after session 2, as it’s only 80% done. You’ll be amazed what the extra 20% density will do to your look, then people will start to notice. That’s what I found with the lads down the golf club anyway.
    Personally, I’m so pleased I opted for SMP treatment instead of a hair transplant, as the SMP look gives you full coverage but at the same time it doesn’t look out of place from your previous look if that makes sense. I think I would look weird with actual hair after 30yrs of none, so SMP was the perfect solution that I wanted. That’s what confuses people I think, we still have a shaved head but now there’s a hairline!! I personally like that subtle look, as anything extra will draw the wrong attention.
    Anyway, it’s all about how we feel inside and the confidence it gives us. I bet you are feeling great about it,right?
    When is your 3rd session? If you can remember, can you ask Christine what color grade / number she is using for your look?
    I’m going back again on Friday 18th September as there’s a few tweaks that I want. Skalp have been brilliant. Like you, I want to bring my hairline down slightly 2-3mm and around the temples (keeping it ultra soft for us guys in our 50’s), as well as some more density on the crown (I’m totally bald there). I’m now 3 weeks after my third session and it’s settled down nicely. I’ve got so used to the look now, I feel comfortable with the proposed changes and everyone close to me agrees.
    I’m looking forward to seeing your results mate, best wishes.
    Fletch

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!