Just Introduced to SMP – Need Advice & Encouragement

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Just Introduced to SMP – Need Advice & Encouragement

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by Fletch70.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AJ_AJ
    Participant

I have decided to bite the bullet and am planning to go with SMP sometime next month. I have a receding hairline and balding in the middle, but rest of my head is pretty full. I don’t want to play with hairstyles to keep covering thinning areas. I was looking for advice from folks that have experience in the field or those that have already gone through the treatment.

1. How do you decide what a good hairline would be? Any advice on how you work with Skalp to get the right hairline?
    2. I have black hair. I was wondering if there was a process around choosing the shade of ink correctly.
    3. Any advice on making sure you have a dense appearance of hair?
    4. How long does it take to see a noticeable difference? Do you actually have to wait until the end of the 3rd session? How do you deal with going to work?
    5. Any recommendations to prevent your scalp from shining later on or is that something you just have to live with?

seb131
    Participant

Hey aj!

I just had my third session 2 days ago and the whole experience has been amazing!

1. When you go to your first session you and your practitioner will design your hairline..the main goal for them is to make it as natural as possible For you and your look!hairline was the most important thing to get right for me and they perfected it in the end,the first sesssion is mainly to get you use to the hairline and if you wanted to adjust it you can always do that on second session.

2.they will choose the shade of ink that directly matches you hair to the look of a shaved head,they may start a bit lighted on first session and go darker once they add density etc

3.the smp will give you a dense appearance once finished your treatment, there is nothing else you need to make it appear any more dense.

4I would say session 2 is when you are 80% finished. I went to work couple of days after each session and nobody noticed even tho it was shiny from the cream haha just know that people will never assume it’s a tatoo even if they thing something looks different

5.using oil control moisturisers really work great from stopping your head from shining I use loreal matte control and it’s great!

You will
    Not regret getting smp

Hope this helps

AJ_AJ
    Participant

Hey Seb! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Really helps to hear from someone who has been through the process.

Fletch70
    Participant

Hi AJ,
    I totally agree with Seb’s comments and I’ve just finished my last session yesterday (I was one of the few cases that needed a fourth session on the crown to get the blending and colour perfect with my own hair). You are in great hands at Skalp, they look after you 100%.

The Skalp consultants are expertly skilled and have completed thousands of styles to suit each clients personal needs. I’d recommend you take their advice on hairline and colour to give you the best look possible.
    They recommend you start your hairline slightly higher and go lighter in colour on session one. This is to see how your skin takes the treatment. Try and get the template right for your hairline by the end of session two is my advice, so they can focus on the density in session three.

You will start to see the results after session two and the transformation and magic happens in the third session (to help manage your expectations).

I tended to have my treatment on a Thursday or Friday to let it settle over two to three days before heading back to work on the Monday. Read the aftercare section and follow the advice immediately after each session. This helps to get the best results.

As for a moisturiser, I use Aveeno, but I also hear good things about the product Seb uses, so I will try that too.
    Good luck with your treatment, which branch are you booked into?

Regards
    Fletch

AJ_AJ
    Participant

Thank you Fletch for such a detailed reply. I’ll keep this forum posted next month onwards on how things go. I’m booked into the Dublin branch with Geraldine.

Fletch70
    Participant

No problem AJ.
    I’m looking forward to seeing some pictures in due course.
    It will change your life and give you a massive confidence boost. I hear good things about Geraldine’s work.so you’re in safe hands.
    Cheers,
    Fletch

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!