Less than 24 hours until my first session in London…

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Less than 24 hours until my first session in London…

• This topic has 22 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated by MikeDelta1.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    MikeDelta1
    Participant

Twas the night before my first treatment and all through my head not a follicle was stirring not even those that were err…dead. Well this has been a long time in the making but my first treatment is on 21st April 2016 with Jason at Harley Street. My Skalp journey begins here.

I started losing my hair when I was around 23. I had very long hair and noticed it receding at the sides and thinning as whenever I brushed my hair handfuls would come out. So I cut it short but noticed part of my hair wanted to set up by itself and form a break away island so I eventually shaved it all off.

For the longest time I wore a hat and wouldn’t go anywhere without it. I was very self conscious when meeting women wondering if they would be OK with it and it dents your self confidence. Fortunately I was heavily into weight training as I still am so a shaved head suited my body image.

I first heard about the treatment on TV which showed a documentary about people’s various approaches to hair loss. The SMP treatment looked good but I dismissed it as I was about to buy a new home and couldn’t afford the treatment. A few years on and a work colleague came into the office and a few guys noticed that something was different about him until one said “you’ve got hair.” They asked how have you miraculously grown hair. I guessed it was SMP but couldn’t tell. One of the other guys in the office who was heavily tattooed and a bit of a know it all casually said “It’s a tattoo” and the guy admitted to having the procedure. Because what I was confronted with looked real my mind told me that he’d had this hairline all along even though I knew he didn’t. It was a case of I just couldn’t remember how he looked before.

I had a close look and was impressed as it was flawless. It was undertaken by a competitor of Skalp and I went for a consultation. After the consultation I was left feeling that the owner was almost hostile towards me which put me off so I looked elsewhere. I then saw Skalp’s website and saw that it was new and up and coming. I then started reading all the testimonials and watching all the videos over a couple of years and liked what I saw and read.

I waited until the renovation work on my home had been finished before saving enough to be in a position to commit. I went for a consultation but was still unsure. I needed to see Skalp’s work in the flesh and a finished example. I then contacted someone on the Skalp forum (Loverug) who agreed to meet in town. I was impressed and the work had been completed by Jason. It appeared flawless and seamless. The thing that struck me most was when we parted company and I watched as he simply merged into the crowd without a hat as if he was normal. Nobody batted an eyelid. I thought to myself ‘I want to feel like that.’

If I can get similar results to what I saw then I think it could change my life. I’m excited at the prospect but also worried but the excitement and anticipation of what could be clears away the negative thoughts. I think my confidence will go through the roof, it will change my image, make me look younger and make me feel free and normal again. I’ll probably go all the way and change my wardrobe too instead of wearing jeans t-shirt and a cap all the time. I’ve attached a picture of Skalp’s mock up so you can see the before.

I’ll opt for a very soft, feathered hairline, not too dark and leave a scar on show to aid the illusion. If it can bring everything I hope then I think £3000 is a bargain. I plan not to tell anybody not even my family or friends. I’ll just wait to see if they notice. Watch this space for updates and wish me luck…

Attachments:
    Ryan
    Participant

Mate this is a start of a journey that you’re going to love, it really is life changing in a very good way.

Keep us posted with some pics when it’s all done, trust me if you go for subtle you won’t have to tell anybody.

Dave1981
    Participant

All the best for today Mike, you’re going to love it!!

MikeDelta1
    Participant

Just had my first session with Jason at Harley Street. I also met Derek and they’re great guys. The pain was a little more than I anticipated but obviously not unbearable otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to finish the first session. Some parts are more sensitive than others and some people’s pain thresholds are higher than others but the way I see it is it’s worth a little discomfort for the potential confidence it could bring.

As expected my head was red raw after but the stinging goes before you’ve even left the studio. Now I’m home it’s a case of stare in the mirror, have some food, state in the mirror some more and it’ll be like that until the next session on the 28th. I’ll post a picture tomorrow so you can see how it looks once the reddening has died down.

Where there was nothing before there’s suddenly a hairline and it’s strange especially after almost 20 years. I just can’t wait for the second session to see it really start to take shape. I asked Jason to leave some scars in and fortunately I have quite a nice long one at the front and to the right of my head which Jason left in to enhance the realism. I think imperfection is better than perfection in this kind of treatment.

I think it’s taken some years off my age already at this early stage and I’m genuinely excited at the prospect of the finished article. I’ll keep you all posted.

MikeDelta1
    Participant

Here’s a picture post session one after two days so there’e some hair growth as well as the SMP. One side needs to drop down a touch and the recession brought in a little to match the other side and then it’s a case of adding density and softening the hairline.

Attachments:
    daniel
    Participant

looking good already tbh mate! massive improvement, when do you have your next session?

MikeDelta1
    Participant

Hello Daniel, thanks. My next session is on the 28th April. Even at this early stage it’s a vast improvement on how I was before. Get to shave my head today for the first time since session one which I’m looking forward to.

daniel
    Participant

awesome keep us updated on your progress mate!

hairbear
    Participant

Looking really good. Your level of hairloss looks very much like mine. I am thinking of booking in to get the treatment this week .DId you ask or the feathered look? Or did you just leave it in the hands of the technician.

MikeDelta1
    Participant

Hello hairbear, I have asked for a feathered look but was told that will happen in session two. The second session will start the refinement and density of the look. It’s amazing how it looks already. I’ll attach another picture now I’ve shaved my head but it’s already filled in the areas where I had no hair. It’s a very exciting time and I can’t wait for session two.

MikeDelta1
    Participant

These pictures are day four after session one and after wet shaving for the first time.

MikeDelta1
    Participant

day 4 post session 1 after wet shave

Attachments:
    MikeDelta1
    Participant

day 4 post session 1 after wet shave – front

Attachments:
    MikeDelta1
    Participant

day 4 post session 1 after wet shave –

Attachments:
    hairbear
    Participant

That is looking really good..what has the reaction been so far from friends and family. ..How do you feel about it so far?…..It will be interesting to see what they do in session 2.As from the pictures I can see looks bloody good already..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!