Looking for any advice on combating shine.

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Looking for any advice on combating shine.

• This topic has 27 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated by DoctorMarten.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    DoctorMarten
    Participant

Hi guys, was wondering if anybody out there can recommend a good anti shine product. Anybody use anything that can help?

RugNoMore
    Participant

I use Loreal Pure and Matte. Its about £6 for a small bottle. Its not too bad and probably holds the shine for a couple of hours.

Baldy01
    Participant

I have been using this product. Anthony Logistics Instant Fix Oil Control. Costs around £20 so isn’t cheap. Tried the Loreal Pure & Matte product but found this a bit better.

iroquois
    Participant

milk of magnesia is the best cost/benefit option.
    just put some on your hand (10p coin size) and spread it on your scalp. it takes like 30s to dry and you’re set for 8-10 hours

Baldy01
    Participant

I have heard that Milk Of Magnesia is very good at helping with shine. Just a little worried it may affect my treatment?

Qman72
    Participant

I would like to know more about anti shine products information, please!

iroquois
    Participant

@ Baldy

The damage done is nothing compared to what the sun does for example.

@ Qman

You should check out Peter Thomas Roth ani-shine (€€€), MAC mattifying gel (€€) and MoM (€)

Curly
    Participant

Have just ordered the Peter Thomas Roth as has good reviews. Will let you no how I get on after treatment.

Qman72
    Participant

I will look into Peter Thomas Roth product. I just ordered couple products. I will let everybody know, after I try them.

DoctorMarten
    Participant

Have been trying the Loreal Pure and Matte at the moment. Cost me £7 in boots. It seems to do an okay job.

TonyC
    Participant

I’m looking for a good Anti Shine product. My head shines a lot and in the consultation I was advised that keeping the shine down helps the treatment look better. The above products were mentioned but I’m looking to find out which is the best.

JR25
    Participant

I use talc and that seems to work well. I did some research and you can buy skin coloured talc which I ordered online.

DoctorMarten
    Participant

JR25 whats the name of the skin colored talc as that sounds interesting. Thanks

Qman72
    Participant

I just spent £22 to purchase three different products. They are between £2.?? to £10.??. I let you guys know after I test them.

Qman72
    Participant

Hey! Guys,
    Try this product!!! I ordered this product from Amazon. It costs £4.00. It works better than the other more expensive product that I tried.
    Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Sebum-Shine Control (£4.00)
    This is the second best for me. (£10.49)
    Triple Active by L’Oreal Paris Anti-Shine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!