Marcin – Manchester’s Marvellous Michelangelo of Micro-pigmentation

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Marcin – Manchester’s Marvellous Michelangelo of Micro-pigmentation

• This topic has 17 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated by Colonel_Kurtz.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Colonel_Kurtz
    Participant

Hi All,

Completed my third session with the above-mentioned Marcin the magician after having my initial session in early March. I came across and ad for Skalp last year while idling flitting through a fitness magazine in a barbershop as my little lad was having his lustrous locks trimmed, something that I haven’t been able to do for some time, the norm having become just shaving down to the wood whilst gradually losing sight of where my forehead stops. Anyhow, that started me off on a frenzy of internet searches on SMP and companies offering it, becoming something of an obsession in fact. Buoyed by the possibility of an affordable and practical solution that wouldn’t make me look like a complete tool, I trawled the web for good and bad examples of scalp micro pigmentation, silently lurking on forums to get a feel for how satisfied people were with the results. This ultimately led me to book in for a consultation with Skalp, where I got to speak with Marcin in person and scrutinise his own scalp and to get a feel for the clinic, which is bright, clean and located right in the city centre, discreetly tucked away and reassuringly private. I drove home convinced by what I saw and booked in once I could confirm appointments. I decided not to tell ANYONE (not even my own mother) and couldn’t wait to get started. Having read countless testimonials, I knew not to expect too much on the first session but almost crashed several times on the motorway through giddily staring at my forehead in the rear-view mirror! The second session was much longer and added enough density that I was confident enough to walk around hat-free without fear of anyone thinking that there was something odd about me aside from me having a ‘0’ cut. I inadvertently appeared in some photographs on a website from an event that I participated in so got to see myself in natural light with what simply looked like a crew-cut, minus the Zinedine Zidane/Trappist Monk bald spot! Four weeks later I came in for the third session to find one of the guys from the video testimonials having a coffee with Marcin so got to see him up close and chat to him about his experience, which reassured me all the more. I was fairly satisfied with the density after the second session but knew it needed some gradual colour blending and wanted to soften the hairline slightly (a matter of millimetres). Marcin exceeded my expectations with his attention to detail (not to mention stamina!), spending several hours ensuring that the blending and density were seamless and that the hairline was just right. I cannot praise him highly enough for his professionalism, diligence and good nature – a genuine perfectionist who even makes a good cup of coffee, even if his choice of tunes is slightly dubious! 😉
    I’ve included a pre and post photo below of the first and third sessions and will add more once the redness subsides and the pigment settles. Please excuse me obscuring my face, I’m not one for social media selfies but if I do decide to re-enter the murky waters of online dating, I won’t be worried about what hat to wear in future photos!
    Thanks again to Marcin.

Colonel_Kurtz
    Participant

Had to resize photo.. Here goes…

Attachments:
    daniel
    Participant

post some more when you get a chance mate!

Colonel_Kurtz
    Participant

Will do once it’s settled as still a little raw from Saturday. Almost forgot about it when I woke up this morning and was taken aback by my reflection. Feels like I’ve got my face back!

daniel
    Participant

Excellant! I’m still on the fence I really need to see more up close which i have not yet as there is not many people willing to meet or are closeby. Marcin has done some pretty amazing work and it looks good on the pictures.

daniel
    Participant

btw – has anybody said anything to you.

Colonel_Kurtz
    Participant

I haven’t seen anyone except the kids & had a hat on for the school run but neither my best mate or my family mentioned it after the second session, other than to say that I’d cut my hair shorter (razored). I was on the fence too mate but transplants clearly don’t work – just look at the wealthy footballers who have them (Sneijder/Rooney etc) & how they look compared to guys who’ve had SMP. Of course you know it’s not hair, but watching your hairline disappear is more damaging to self-esteem than the idea of a discreet tattoo. I try to think of it as having a tooth implant – a substitute that looks real & far better than having a gap in your smile. It definitely adds a spring to your step in much the same way as getting some smart new clothes, that sense of sharpening your self image. I’m in Liverpool so probably a bit far for you but I can vouch for Marcin. Top guy, top professional.

Lucky33
    Participant

Excellent result mate, very natural hairline, will look great when its all settled

daniel
    Participant

How do you generally maintain your look now?

I have a blade 0 on top usually anyway when i shave, but not like face shaver short if you know what i mean and i don’t really wanna go that sort either as it makes the head a lot shiner. It’s mainly my hair line that needs filling in so this is another thing i am kinda wondering about, if i keep it at a 0 would that be short enough is what i am thinking, to blend in with the rest.

Colonel_Kurtz
    Participant

Hi Daniel,

I’ve yet to buy the Bald Eagle shaver but plan to do so from the reviews I’ve read. As such, I’ve been using a Gillette Fusion razor with a smattering of shaving gel every few days as a stop-gap. It’s a little too severe for my liking when completely shaved that way but it looks very natural once the stubble has grown back a bit after a day or two to give it some texture. Really happy with it, especially when looking at photos of where my hairline was going. Definitely makes me feel energised, though I’m still getting used to it as most of my clothes seem to look different on me now!
    I’ve attached a photo but alas, my phone is rubbish and as I say, I’m not one for selfies and like my online anonymity!

Attachments:
    Andew
    Participant

I know exactly how you feel m8 .

Me, after many wasted nights searching online for a solution i came across Skalp website and out of curiosity scheduled an appointment.
    With much trepidation, i followed up my initial consultation in Manchester and took the plunge!

I am extremely paranoid (as i’m sure Marcin will testify) and knew this treatment if applied incorrectly could turn me into a virtual recluse !!

Clearly, as i’m writing a testimonial the outcome was more than i could of hoped for and has framed my face perfectly.
    I received many positive comments from friends and family about my new look.
    If anyone’s contemplating the treatment but concerned of it being noticeably fake then don’t be – no one suspects a thing and if they had, believe me, i have some very unforgiving friends who would certainly let me know.

Cheers
    andrew

Andew
    Participant

Before and after

Attachments:
    Spam
    Participant

Dont want to hijack the thread, but you don’t have your own yet.. but did you have many freckles on your head? And do they show through the SMP?

Andew
    Participant

Alright Spam?
    Are you having your treatment with Marcin ?
    He goes quite densely (I liked that)
    Smp covered my freckles and sun marks in 80%

Andew
    Participant

@ Spam I do not have a lot of freckles and sun spots. I live in Norway and there is very little sun -less than in the UK lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!