Moisturiser

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Moisturiser

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by Ralphy.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Baldy Bill
    Participant

Hello guys. I’ve had my second session seven days ago and was wondering if it’s ok to moisturise now. Also what is the best brand of moisturiser to use as I’ve read white moisturises can fade the SMP, is this true as most moisturises are white. Also how often and should i be sparing with it. Hope you can help me.

Harvey
    Participant

Hi Mate, Yes you are fine to start using moisturiser now after 7 days. don’t over think it with the fading, the only thing that will really fade pigment is it if you keep burning your skin, no normal moisturiser is going to fade anything. also anyone will do, I’ve tried a few, just find one that doesn’t make you too greasy and just do it when you feel like your skin is getting dry, theres no set rule how often.

Baldy Bill
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Harvey. What about wet shaving with a razor and gel is that ok to do now? Also I’m dying to get back to my distance running but obviously I sweat buckets when I do. I know I can’t swim or sauna for twenty eight days but am I able run now? I ask these questions because although I have been given aftercare advice from my practitioner I have read different aftercare reports from different clinics. Thanks again men. Not so Baldy Bill now!

Ralphy
    Participant

Hi Bill,

In case you haven’t seen this, these are the guidelines from Skalp: https://skalp.com/faq/aftercare/

I had a 4th session last Friday (5 days ago). I am already wet shaving again, albeit with great care. I went to the gym today, sweated like a mofo and then showered and moisturised my head.

Generally speaking, I moisturise 2/3 times a day. Every morning I use Nivea sensitive post balm after I wet shave mainly back and sides and L’Oréal matte on top. Late afternoon I put some more L’Oréal on. Before bed I use Johnson’s baby lotion.

Just relax mate and moisturise away!

Baldy Bill
    Participant

Thanks Ralphy, how come you needed a fourth session?

Ralphy
    Participant

Well, at the first session I had 16, second session I had 14 and then the third session the technician said I should go a bit darker like 12 and I said no stick with 14 as I bottled it and he agreed as there is’nt a huge amount of difference between the two. A year down the line it looked faded somewhat and my sides were starting to look darker than the top. I was never truly happy with the density and always thought it needed another session. Thus, I used my “warranty” session for a bit more density and went down to shade 8. Now, I couldn’t be happier and it finally looks finished. My only concern is that now it looks good, but concerned that when the 4th session fades (as each session does from 30 days onwards) it will look light again and maybe I should have went down to 6 or even 4 to account for the expected fading. I am a thinker though hahaha.

Baldy Bill
    Participant

I was never told about shades and numbers. What’s the warranty session? I am still due my third. If Your not happy after third do they have to continue until your happy, fourth session act?

Ralphy
    Participant

You don’t really need to be told about the shades. This is the practitioners domain unless you’re intrrested. Obviously there are different shades for different follicles e.g fair hair vs ginger hair or light brown hair vs jet black hair.
    The treatment is three sessions. There is a fourth session in the form of a guarantee and the details of the guarantee can be found here:

Frequently asked Questions

Ralphy
    Participant

Although I went 3 shades darker and changed my hairline, there was no charge.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!