My experience so far…

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum My experience so far…

• This topic has 19 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated by goffi83.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    goffi83
    Participant

Hi there everybody,
    My name’s Mike. I’m currently in the middle of my experience with Skalp and seeing as I found this forum very helpful with both making my decision and my confidence in the procedure I figured I would document my journey so it may help others too.

So a bit about me first. I’m 33 years old and I first noticed I was losing my hair in my early 20s. It didn’t affect my confidence too much but every time somebody made a comment regarding my hair, on the surface I just brushed it off but deep down it did affect me. In 2009, after a few years of clutching at straws and trying shampoos and lotions to help prevent or reverse my hair loss it was time to give up and I just shaved it off. Over the next few years it continued to recede and thin on top and as far as I was concerned there was nothing I could do and I just had to suck it up and deal with the hand I’d been dealt.

It wasn’t until earlier this year that I first heard about MSP and thought it looked amazing but never initially thought it would be something I would do. I got more and more intrigued and having watched countless videos on youtube I decided to look into it a bit more. I researched several companies but Skalp was the only one I had any interaction with. I simply uploaded two photos of myself in which they sent a mock up back after 48 hours of what I could look like. I was sold at this point and after a discussion with my family who were very supportive I decided to take things to the next step and book a free consultation.

My consultation was in Manchester with Marcin who was great. We had a good chat about the procedure. He showed me his portfolio of other clients and he also mentioned that he’d had the procedure done himself. I honestly couldn’t tell the difference between the ‘tattoo’ and his real hair. I was 99% sure before the consultation but after I was 100% and a few days later I rang in to book my first appointment. Due to work commitments I had to book the appointment for October so it was a 14 week wait. At no point have I been nervous as I have seen enough evidence from the videos and forums to be fully confident in what lied ahead.

I went for my first procedure on Saturday 8th October and was there for about 4-5 hours. It was with Marcin again and he was great. I fully understood what to expect from the first session and I was contacted beforehand to explain exactly what I needed to do to prep for the day. The pain is minimal. It’s not pain free don’t get me wrong but its bearable and well worth it for the results. When I first looked in the mirror following the first session I was blown away. Already I could see it fully taking shape and I had the best hairline I’d had for the last 15 years. At the time of writing this I am 2 days after session 1 and going in for session 2 tomorrow. I will upload a few photos to document my journey so far and will update in the following weeks and months.

Anyone in any doubt at all about the procedure book a consultation. Its free and you have nothing to lose. It could change your life…

Attachments:
    srtcy
    Participant

Good to read this mate. Looks great! I have mine in couple of weeks! Nervous but looking forward to it! 🙂 Just wondering dd you shave to a 0.5mm? Also what’s it look like after a couple of days?

goffi83
    Participant

I normally shave using wahl balding clippers. Night before first treatment I had to wet shave it using bic razor so they can tell how light to go. Going forward I’ve been advised to get a bald eagle smart shaver which you pick up on Amazon (£90ish). Shorter than a straight blade but longer than a bic. You’ll be advised of all this yourself anyway but don’t hesitate to ask me any questions. The latest pic was only yesterday so it’s virtually the same as that at the moment. Will be updating after session 2

srtcy
    Participant

Cool! Yeah I have never wet shaved before but have a diy shaver which with the guard off would be a 0.5mm. I always had in my mind that a wet shave would be soooo short that surely the results wouldn’t be as noticeable? But looking at your pics this doesn’t seem the case. Do you know if they can shave it on the day if needed? Anyways looks great man! Like the widows peak which is something I am planning to go for 🙂

goffi83
    Participant

They have the shaver I mentioned there if needed but rrecommend you wet shave night before. It’s first time I’ve wet shaved the whole lot and it’s purely so they can tell what shade they need to go to. Doesn’t mean you need to wet shave forever. Best tip is to follow their advise and you won’t go wrong. They’re the experts at the end of the day.

Mr Marky
    Participant

Looking good mate, I like the scar you left in

goffi83
    Participant

Just want to give a quick update. So it’s now 6 days after my second procedure. The colour has faded as it should do to match my natural colour and any redness had gone after a couple of days. It was after 4 days that I could wash and shave my head again and that’s when I saw how good it was beginning to look. Here’s a photo…

Attachments:
    abel
    Participant

cool mate.its looking great already and its only 6 days after your 2nd! mine was dark for 2 weeks lol wait a couple of weeks.they say 3-4 weeks then it settles and fades properly.

goffi83
    Participant

Just a quick update. On Saturday I went for my 3rd session which lasted between 4 and 5 hours. Marcin was great once again and he wasn’t gonna let me go until he and myself were both happy with the result. Attached are photos taken just before the final session. I will update in a couple of weeks with final result which already looks great.
    I

Attachments:
    Honpon
    Participant

oh wow. I think that’s an amazing success! keep it going like that! have you used something like Finasteride?

goffi83
    Participant

Just another quick update – I’m now 10 days after my third session. I was amazed after session 2 and wondered how can another make any more difference but it definitely does. It was a long session but definitely worth it. It was a little red and dark for about two days but looked completely natural after that as the ink used in the 3rd was lighter. Attached is a photo of me today. Anyone reading this who is contemplating the procedure definitely go for a consultation. It’s free and it could change your life. You’ve nothing to lose. Also if anyone wants any advice or has any questions feel free to reply to this thread and I’ll be happy to help 👍🏻

Attachments:
    arronburton
    Participant

Hi, your treatment looks fantastic, can’t believe the difference it makes. How much was the cost in total? Thanks

MattP
    Participant

Literally so impressed with your final result! Got my third session on Friday! Hoping that it will help make my treatment finally blend better, all the best

goffi83
    Participant

Cost was £2500 plus Vat for 3 sessions and a one year warranty. Worth every penny and weirdly not one person has said anything to me since having it done so that’s a testimony to how natural it looks. Book a consultation with them or send in a photo to get a mock up.

Good luck on 3rd session Matt. You’ll defo notice difference

c-manny
    Participant

I’ve got my sessions booked with Christian in London coming up been literally thinking about smp for over 5years now and have finally decided to do it but am absolutely nervous hope it goes well yours looks great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!