My journey

This topic contains 27 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Bartos .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Ramoss
    Participant

Hi there, so I’m about to go for my first session tomorrow in Manchester, very nervous if I’m honest. I’ve up til this point done whatever I can to conceal my obvious hair loss which I noticed started going in my late teens! Now at 28 it just became too much and I’ve decided to go down this route. It’s currently 12:20 am here and I’m due to be in at 10am, it’s taken me around an hour to find the courage to actually shave my head, and can honestly say I’ve never been so anxious in all my life. Really hoping I have made the right decision and I’m going to share my experience as and when it happens! Probably not much sleep tonight if I’m honest!

matb
    Participant

Good luck, and judging by the other reviews and experiences, you’ll be so glad you did it.

Please keep us updated, and post before and after pictures if you’re feeling brave.

Ramoss
    Participant

So just got home from my first session, sad extremely anxious the night before about going through with this, I soon settled down once I made it to the clinic where I received a warm welcome from Dean & Marcin. The process itself wasn’t painful at all, just felt like little scratches at times, I felt the time itself would drag being sat and/or lay down for so long but surprising went quite fast. As for results, I can’t say for the first session I was expecting an awful lot, my head is two part toned due to where my hair use to cover up is still fairly white compared to my tanned face which may be affecting the overall look for now, but that will change when my tan finally evens out! But as for the result itself, baring in mind I write this no more than 2 hours from being at the clinic, the hairline and temples have been outlined fairly and an overall basic fill has been done, they only look like small dots patted about on my head at the moment but it’s still early doors yet, overall I still feel slightly anxious but I hope this subsides, I’m still not use to seeing myself with no actual hair anymore as it was only couple days prior I braved the shave. But the Manchester clinic is very clean and well organised, and then two gents running it have a superb customer service and really make you feel at ease. Next session is on Tuesday 30th July, will keep you guys informed!

matb
    Participant

Thanks for the detailed update. I’ve been wondering about the pain but figured whatever the pain levels, it has got to be worth it.

I’ve always been curious, does it look “half finished” after the first session?

My biggest concern is with it looking realistic and I know when it’s all done that it does – but what about after first session?

Thanks

Mat

Ramoss
    Participant

Hi Mat, it’s hard to determine how good this first session could have been as I mentioned above my head is still pale from where hair covered it, and my new formed hairline is now more forward into the area of my forehead that is already tanned, so the transition from that to my paler area of my head makes the density seem somewhat unbalanced at first sight. But from what I’ve read after a first session, especially when I’ve needed the majority of my head doing and not just filling in gaps, it’s never going to look the finished article. So I’m just going to be patient (and very hopeful) that my second session I’ll start to see a promising look that I can start to rebuild my confidence on!

Ramoss
    Participant

So it’s just into day 2 after my second session and my god what a difference I can see, hairline and areas are now completely filled in and it’s really starting to look the part, although I may not have shown it on the day, I’m very happy with how this is looking at the moment! Dean has fantastic attention to detail can’t recommend him highly enough, final session is on the 6th September now, I expect it to slightly fade possibly as the pigments settle in but we’ll touch up on that as and when it happens, will be hoping I can go just a shade bit darker overall on my third session without losing the realistic look that it presents. I think the little bit more darkness will really match up to how my head looks after about 1-2 days max of my hair growing elsewhere. Overall thoughts on second session… again very anxious beforehand as to how it will look after the session is done, I decided to take a break only a couple times as I wanted dean to just be zoned in on the work and he’s achieved that and beyond! Have begun feeling confident enough to start showing people and all have given nothing but compliments from the ones who knew I was having this procedure, and for those I met who haven’t known about it they simply think I’ve shaved all my head and still have said it’s a great look! So it’s a yes from me up til now, very satisfied with the work dean has done! (Marcin is great to have around he’s very lively character and his work I saw on a client next to me looked brilliant aswell) two very talented professionals at the Manchester clinic, look no further people. Will update again in a week or so, Ryan.

Ramoss
    Participant

Just a little update, maybe an off day but got to document them all I suppose! Feel like the smp has faded a lot since the session last Tuesday, expected it to fade just wasn’t sure how much. Having difficulty trying to close cut or even shave my actual hair so it looks of same density/colour as my treatment, so it looks a little uneven really. From half a distance away it doesn’t look so noticeable but when you get up close it’s actually quite noticeable, in my opinion anyway. Like I say could just be an off day for me which I’m sure there will be more to come as I get use to this new change and adjusting to how I groom myself and with what to give me the best most realistic look.

ian100
    Participant

Hi M8 you are not alone I had my 2nd session 2 weeks ago and only 3 people have said anything to me on the 2nd day after the treatment . It has faded so much now it’s hard to see all the dots have vanished and it looks like a very faint shadow in some light and not noticeable at all in other day light . I went out last night with friends I have not seen for 2 months or so and not one of them noticed .. gutted still looking bald.

.I am confident they will sort my SMP out on the 3rd session as they won’t want us leaving unhappy customers and after all the good reviews they have and feedback they have I am positive it will be ok at the end result .
    I have invested in the skull shaver like they use at SKALP Manchester and it cuts very close I have very light hair and it only takes 5 mins and last about 3 days.

Ramoss
    Participant

Appreciate the reply mate, I expected it to fade as the pigments settle in I just wasn’t sure as to how much, I agree after the 3rd session it should feel and look a lot more noticeable. My hair grows at an annoyingly fast rate so I need to keep on top of it but like I say I need to find something that gives me an even shave as I currently find patches where my hair is thicker and then I’ll give that more attention and then all of a sudden I’ve done too much and now it’s uneven again, frustrating to say the least. I can tell closely looking which are my first and second session pigments as they are slight different in tone but I still see tiny patches where there’s not a lot of coverage but I have to accept it’s not going to look the finished article after two sessions, so as you say hopefully the third will seal the deal. Fully confident in Dean to finish the job as well as he’s started it, he’s had to do a lot of coverage for my head so I appreciate it’s not going to be perfect after 2 sessions. Good to hear feedback off other clients and hope we can have this conversation again in a month saying how much better we look after our 3rd!

All the best mate, Ryan

Harvey
    Participant

Hi guys, I wouldn’t worry about fading, especially as you’ve only had 2 sessions, sounds like the treatment is doing what it should do and that is look natural.

If you were coming on here and saying all my mates spotted it and were saying what the hell have you had done to your head, that would be a problem lol bit of fading isn’t.

Anyway the boys at Skalp will look after you and make sure it’s spot on by the time you’re finished.

ian100
    Participant

Hi Thanks for the reassurance Harvey . Just a bit of a crapper
    When it’s faded so much but I guess some people respond better than others to the ink . I need to stop looking at peoples glowing reviews after 2 sessions that’s has also got me down as People stating amazing results after 2 sessions don’t even need another session etc ..

Can I ask how long ago did you have your SMP done ?

Ramoss
    Participant

Other people’s reviews on their 2nd session, like my own one as you can see above, are done hours maybe a day after the session so the pigments are still dark and very noticeable so I can see why people get carried away with the look and think it’s all they need but that’s why I decided to share any and all experiences as it’s good for everyone else thinking about doing it or currently going through it that it’s not only them that has these issues and it’s a normal thing to happen, just got to settle in and wait for the 3rd session I guess

matb
    Participant

I would added that I’ve seen it mentioned that session 3 took just 1 hour. I wonder if the colour fades differently on different people’s skin, and perhaps they used too light of a colour for you guys. It would seem odd for them to intend on it fading to almost nothing.

There’s plenty of people who are happy with their SMP years down the line so I’m sure this it’s unusual for you guys to have the experience you’ve had.

Thanks for posting the updates and please do keep them coming.

Mat

Ramoss
    Participant

Well I hope my 3rd session is longer than an hour for sure then, not sure if it’s more darkness I need, more density, or both. But my always very tanned so feel I need it darker than it is to be able to actually notice it, I’m sure Dean will give me the advice and treatment that I need in the end, just want to end up looking like my mock up and I’ll be over the moon haha

Ramoss
    Participant

So this is just a quick comparison as to what I was talking about before. Picture 1 is from a day after my second session looking nicely filled in, second picture is as of today, take into account different lighting conditions etc but you can noticeably see very much so where there are patches and mixed densities. Thoughts?

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.