Nerves kicking in

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Nerves kicking in

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    djbaldy
    Participant

I’ve just paid my deposit (finally) and booked in for Thursday April 15th at the Manchester clinic.

I’m a 26 y/o M who works in the nightlife/music industry.

I honestly think I’ve been held back career wise due to constant worry and lack of self confidence. I’ve hidden behind a hat for the best part of ten years. The pandemic has made things a lot worse. Going from one of the most sociable jobs I can imagine, to being trapped inside suddenly. I can barely look in a mirror anymore.

From the people I’ve spoken to i’m hoping the treatment will not only bring back my confidence, it’ll change my life, and also my career.

Trying to not get my hopes up too much but honestly I can’t wait.

Any suggestions on pre treatment routines would be appreciated. I’m currently trimming down to a 0.5 and moisturising daily. I understand I’ll need to cut it down to about 0.2? I don’t want to wet shave and I am not bald so the treatment will be matched with what I already have.
    Can anyone recommend a good razor? I’m assuming any decent beard/hair trimmer that cuts to 0-0.2 will do the trick? I don’t want to spend a fortune.

Nice one!

Photo attached is my before and my mock up.

Attachments:
    Weekzie
    Participant

Mate we have all been there, you will be nervous until the first time you actually see the treatment on your head and then it will just be excitement, trust me you will love it.

My tip is try wet shaving it with a mach 3 etc, so much easier than messing around with clippers.

Look forward to seeing your results.

seb131
    Participant

Hey DJ baldy,

A Braun series 3 foil shaver is great and I used it for around 2 months after my smp…I was exactly the same as you I didn’t want to wet shave but once I did it I never went back…it’s easy,convenient in the shower and also smp looks the most natural that way!

Good luck on your sessions!

Ha, I came here to recommend the Braun Series 3 and Seb beat me to it! They’re about £35 in Amazon and I haven’t looked back.

I also had the same feeling about razor/foil shaving. I always buzzed it with a Remington Quick with no guard (to like 2mm). I was stuck on “I only want to buzz it”. I’m guessing you’ve never foil shaved it or razor shaved it before?

I’d encourage you to try it. Just once. It’ll grow back in 2 weeks if you don’t like it, but I imagine you’ll be like us. You’ll do it, think “Oh, this looks good and is easier” then just carry on with the foil/razor. You’ve got nothing to lose, and potentially a lot to gain!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!