Newbie questions

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Newbie questions

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by pontoon21.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pontoon21
    Participant

Hi guys – I’m not exactly a newbie I’ve been lurking on forums for a while. Couple of questions I wonder if anyone can help me:

1) I have loss only on top so am shaving all over with hair clippers without guard at mo. I’ve read that might not be short enough and a lot of guys wet shave. Are those guys the ones who have had all over treatment? surely if I was to wet shave id be left with nothing back and sides and SMP dots on top? or does it not work like that?

2) Thinking ahead to touch ups years down the line. do the dots just fade or do they smudge like normal tattoos? also do they dot the same dots as before or just do it random, worried that if they touch it up and add too many more it will look too dense. Don’t get me wrong density is good, but I still want to be able to see the scalp colour to avoid the ‘painted on’ look.

Thanks guys

Pete

coconuthead
    Participant

Hi pete. I get one day out of the wahl balding clippers and when shaving with an electric razor I get longer. If you look at any shaved head there’s always a soft greyish shadow and the colour that you are shaved down is what your technician matches it to. People that try and get too dark a treatment on top compared to the sides end up with it not blending. The dots fade away through time and don’t block , but you can get top ups at an hourly ( much cheaper ) rate.
    It honestly is so natural and undetectable ( unless you let the sides grow out)
    All comments I’ve had range from ” oh that’s really good, it’s so subtle ” to ” you look different but better” it really is very subtle but at the same time changes your appearance. You should go for a consultation to see a treatment. Don’t be put off by what you see with other companies. I’ve seen the main three in UK and SKalp is by far the best IMO.
    All the best and let us know how you get on.

hairtoday
    Participant

coconuthead is spot, shaving even with a wet razor will still leave a shadow. The reason for going close is if you have stubble it creates a 3D effect and then if someone is within a meter of your head they will see 3D stubble and flat stubble giving the treatment away. The guys who get away with 3D stubble are the ones who have hair on top so the illusion can work. I wanted buzz cut when I first started looking at this, but its surprising after the treatment that shaved down there is still a strong shadow. I wore a system so didn’t have the ability to test the look first, but if you have a few days off work where you can shave down to see what it looks like I would recommend it, you will get a feel for the shade your finished look will be.

pontoon21
    Participant

Thanks guys. Anyone have thoughts on my 2nd question

coconuthead
    Participant

It’s an entirely different pigment from a regular tattoo! It fades to a much lighter tone with the dots still present. Similar phenomenon can be observed between treatments as it fades down and definitely doesn’t go blocky it just becomes difficult to see. The treatments that are too dark and that get layered are the ones that look painted.
    A good tech ( as they all are at scalp ) replicate the follicle spacing it natural with several tones giving it a nice natural effect.

coconuthead
    Participant

Meant to add this is because it is injected into the upper part of the dermis ( second layer of skin). There’s also been a fair bit of academic peer reviewed articles.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4382144/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!