Newcastle to Manchester

Home Forums UK & USA CLIENT EXPERIENCES Newcastle to Manchester

This topic contains 38 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by chimp_74 chimp_74 August 11, 2017 at 3:23 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

After learning of SMP over a month ago and carrying out the usual research, I travelled down to Manchester today for a consult with Dean and Marcin as I had to see the results of SMP for myself.
    I felt really relaxed during the meeting, had a lovely cup of tea and talked with the chaps for over an hour about my concerns, hairline that reflects my age, colour, skin tone, hair length, preparation, SMP colour, aesthetic, client expectations, etc., and have to say, yes, I came away convinced. What helped I hastened to add, is a chap was in getting his 1st treatment and we had a chat about his experience, expectation, results at the end of his first treatment, and he was really! really happy and grinning from ear to ear.
    Having lost my hair over 20yrs ago (I’m 42 btw) I had never shaved what hair I have left lower than a Grade 1 with the clippers; that all changed tonight, and I took the plunge and shaved the rest off at a Grade 0 to allow me (and others) get used to my aesthetic, and so I could prepare myself mentally for and leading up to the SMP treatments.
    Anyways, feeling good about it all, I’ve spoke to the missus about it, (she is very dubious), decided not to tell anyone, and I’m going to take a couple of weeks off at the end of July (seems like ages away), and, yep, convinced Dean is my consultant, seen his work, trust him with my life, so, it’s on, I’m sold…!!!
    Thanks Dean (thanks Marcin), speak to you again soon.

narb
    Participant

Happy days mate! I cant wait for my consultation… I’m already sold and cant wait to get started… Did you go for the skin test option at all?

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

No I didn’t go for the skin test option though did have a mock up prior to my consult which I didn’t like as it illustrated a hairline much younger than my years, clean cut and straight which just is not me.
    I’m booking in for my 1st and 2nd treatments tomorrow for the end of July (kids school hols) giving plenty of time for the post treatment redness to calm down, settle and fade.
    18wks now to wait will seem like an eternity!!!
    What about you; what’s your story going into this…?

narb
    Participant

Honestly, i didn’t even notice what was happening to me.. i just put everything down to the fact that I’m getting older… Not really in the mood to go out and drink with my mates, shy away from talkig to people in general and becoming a shadow of my former self.. But i saw someone with the treatment and i was shocked at the difference it made… the idea snowballed over time and gradually i started to understand that a lot of this behaviour was down to my appearance… i want my face back! Growing my hair past a grade 1 looks a mess.. It takes forever to arrange in to a half decent style… Shaving it all off just highlights the lack of hair that exists on my head.. I want a clean look with minimal effort to maintain… SMP sounds like the best option available… With any luck, my confidence will come back in abundance and I can feel good again when looking through photos of myself on holiday for example..

Consultation coming up next week – I might start a vlog so others can follow the steps leading up to, and after, my procedure…

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

“Yep, that all sounds all too familiar narb!!!..”.

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

“Well that’s my deposit paid and first 2 treatments booked for July 21st and 1 week later on the 28th; the countdown begins!!!..”. #sixteenweekstogo

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Good luck with the consult; is it in Edinburgh, London or Manchester…?

narb
    Participant

Hi Swan, the consult will be in the capital 🙂 Congrats on taking the plunge! A fresh new look for summer – I bet your excited to say the least! Good luck with it 🙂

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Hi narb
    Just read your lengthy post and I’m over the moon for you matey; I’ve got 14 weeks till my 1st session and I’m up and down to say the least, in fact I got a bit of a panic feeling a couple of days ago and was asking myself ‘bloody hell am I doing the right thing here or just being stupid and irresponsible!!!..”.
    Great to see you’ve moved on with your first session and can’t wait to see the results of session 2 + 3
    Cheers…
    S

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

3 weeks to go now until my first session and I have to say I’m bloody nervous 😩 as it gets closer. I have the zero blading down to a T and know the hairline I’m looking for but the missus still thinks I shouldn’t do it 🙈. Glad the forum is here though as a resource and it’s been great reading about your experiences along the way, so thanks all… 🙏🏻

LJ
    Participant

Only just over a week to go! How are you feeling?

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Hi LJ, 50/50 tbh. On one side I’m absolutely bricking it mate and the other is excited and look forward to it…!!!
    Obviously I’m concerned about getting the hairline and softness right. I’ve been playing around with the head shaving and since I’ve shaved my head completely, the missus tells me I look much better. The missus also tells me I shouldn’t be getting it done next week and that I should embraced growing older. If only she’d understood what us baldies go through through and what it does to a mans confidence over time. I was actually in London last week to see that Adele women that doesn’t turn up for her concerts (know the one)? and I said to the missus, let’s pop along to Scalp on Harley Street said she could have a look at SMP in the cold light of day. Unfortunately the clinic was closed at the time (it was a Saturday morning) desires the website having opening house on a Saturday. Anyway she’s still not seen it so as you can imagine, next week is a biggie for me. Thanks for dropping me a line anyway. What about you; are you still happy with your results…? Thanks 🙏🏻

Willo1968
    Participant

Hi it’s interesting reading your posts and seeing the similarities to my own case. I also booked months in advance and have to say have been a bit up and down about it also. However, when I question whether I’m doing the right thing I look at the work that Dean and Marcin have done in Manchester and that keeps me positive . Less than a week to go and feeling excited about it tbh

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

So, I’ve had my 1st session today with Dean and I’ve got to say I spent the 3hr drive home with the radio turned off after being subjected to Marcin’s ‘terrible’ bloody taste in music all afternoon…!!!
    With regards to my treatment, I’m refusing to pass judgment ATM as my head is ‘very tender’ and I swear I can still feel Dean sticking that blood needle in my head; on the plus side though, the redness has calmed since I left and the foundation Dean has set out is giving a glimpse of what is yet to come. Arriving a the clinic This afternoon I must say I was quite apprehensive and had been since yesterday, but Dean and Marcin quickly put me at ease with crap banter, free coffee and an awful mix of early 80’s – mid 90’s musical cheese. We spent the first 30mins laying down the hairline and discussed the importance of it coinciding with my frown. I’d earlier presented Dean with a photo carefully selected from my SMP research, setting out how I wanted Dean to capture the shape, contour of a subtle hairline that reflected my skin tone, head shape, and of cours e my age. Throughout the session I looked in the mirrror a few times but as I say, refused to comment or pass judgement until after session 2 next week; as Dean informed, my treatment is a process, and that today’s effort is only 30% the finished article. Anyway chas, I’ll keep you posted over the next 2 weeks with the intention that hopefully my experience will support you on your journey.
    Thanks.

LJ
    Participant

It’s a killer! How you feeling this morning?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register a free forum account!

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags