Newcastle to Manchester

Home Forums UK & USA CLIENT EXPERIENCES Newcastle to Manchester

This topic contains 38 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by chimp_74 chimp_74 August 11, 2017 at 3:23 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

It’s still red tbh and I’m not entirely sure about the profile of the temple area but Dean purposely left them high so if required they could be lowered at session 2. Head is still a little tender so will leave it a couple of days before passing judgement.

LJ
    Participant

Sounds like you are in a bit of shock about it?

LJ
    Participant

Whats the Mrs say?

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

No not in shock it’s just one of those things where I haven’t seen my hairline for so long, it looks a bit alien at the minute. I think my Mrs is a bit the same, when the redness fades and it calms down I’m sure it’ll look fab.

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Head is starting to lose the redness now and I can see more of be SMP. Got to say though guys, it takes a bit of getting used to. I’ve come away camping with the family and so far the kids haven’t even noticed Daddy’s head looks ‘different’. It’s great being away from home where I don’t run the risk of bumping into anyone I know between sessions one and two.

narb
    Participant

Hi Chimp! Sorry I’m late to the party… Congrats on your new look! 😀 I completely relate to your concerns but the best way to deal with it, is to just ‘rock it out’. Be the don. You got to have confidence with it, especically in the early stages, as your body language and change in persona will be as much a give away as the SMP itself… Session 2 is definitly a game changer… Once you’ve got that you’ll start to feel more confident and can start focusing on the finer details and overall look. I’m happy for u mate, I wasn’t sure u were going to see it through at one stage?

All the best.

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Redness now gone altogether and I’ve been out and abut round town in rocking my new look. Only problem was I had too keep putting my hat on to keep it out the bloody sun (Liberty)!!!
    I’m really looking forward too being able to wash my head after tomorrow but most of all, I’m really looking forward t session 2 for n Friday. I keep looking in the mirror and I tell you what guys, I really suit the new hairline. I’m sure I’m gonna JH tgo ask Dean to lower the sides around my temples, but other than that I think Dean has nailed it; not that for one minute that I didn’t think he couldn’t. I had researched Dean’s work and felt that he was the consultant for me, and asked him in personally to craft my SMP. Happy days; will check back in after Friday.

LJ
    Participant

Go on Son! Wear it proud! Yep, takes some getting used to!

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

How were you after session 2 LJ…?

LJ
    Participant

I was great after session 2, the hairline was evened out slightly, more density, it started to look like the finished product.

Only the first hour after session 1 was I unsure & certain I had made a mistake, but after that, I was really happy.

Even now I am still suprised how good it looks & it must have been the best part of 6 months now.

I don’t bother with anti-shine etc & am still messing around with different lengths (every other day with a braun 7 shaver, just dragging it over the top & short as I can round the sides & back seems best).

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Hi LJ, interesting regarding hair length. I had shaved my head down to a zero-blade with a set of Wahl clippers on the day I had session 1 but when I got to Skalp insisted I used their Skull Shaver ‘Bald Eagle’ which I’ve got to say I really like the idea of, it was so easy, quick and mess free!!! I also think that as it shaves so close that it’ll probably give me an extra day between shaves. I had my first treatment 4 days ago now and I think I could get away with it tbh. As I like my stubble ‘thicker’ than most, when I was unsure about my SMP after my first treatment I decided to shave my stubble short, which gave a really good balance between face, hair and SMP. I had read that other forum writers had done the same and it really helped me to transition and get used to my look post-treatment.

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Session 2 completed this afternoon with the master Dean; to say the guy is an artist would be an understatement. I can’t champion enough how this man goes about his craft. If your looking for that ‘soft, blended look’ to tie in with your age, hair and skin colour, then please, do not look any further. He is a credit to both Skalp and the art of micro pigmentation. Thanks Dean LAD 10/10

narb
    Participant

Chimp, glad the 2nd sesh has gone well -have u got some pics u can share?

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Hi Narb; here goes; My skin is quite sensitive and it took quite a pounding yesterday so is still really quite red and I imagine it will have calmed down by tomorrow evening.

Attachments:

LJ
    Participant

Looks great, very very natural hairline! I agree, the Manchester boys are best for ‘age appropriate’ smp.

Mine is really settled now & I am really pleased still

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register a free forum account!

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags