Returning to work quickly

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Returning to work quickly

• This topic has 16 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated by chris.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    chris
    Participant

Hi everyone
    I’m having my 1st session done this Friday Afternoon in London. I’m in work on Sunday afternoon though and abit wary that it will still be red and look obvious straight away. From those that have had it done, how long did it take to settle? Would the two days be enough?

coconuthead
    Participant

I’ve just started getting the treatment Chris. After the first one , with me , the redness was away overnight. I was out without a hat about three days later ( waiting on dots shrinking). You could be fine (but try and wing a holiday lol) if it’s not a heavy treatment first time. I just had the second treatment (heavier this time ) but can see this is going to take 5 or 6 days before the hat comes off. What I would do is shave it right down before the treatment as you then can’t shave for another 4 or 5 days.
    You’ll be delighted. It’s an amazing process and very subtle yet life changing !

chris
    Participant

Thanks mate, just worried it might look a bit daft in work until the final treatment is done. I’m confident it will look good when it’s all finished, just can’t be doing with the questions inbetween the treatments that’s my only concern. I was going to cut my hair to a 0 in the morin or would you think even shorter would be better?

coconuthead
    Participant

I normally done a zero with mine. The day before my treatment ( Sunday ) I took it to the skin with a face razor (electric rotary). You can’t shave until 4-5 days after it so by the following Friday I took it down to skin again. To be honest , it didn’t blend until the sides had stubble ( probably because the top was still dark and settling ). I’ve since been advised to use the wahl balding clippers ( a shorter zero than regular ) so I’m due to do that tomorrow. After the overnight growth last week after my first treatment I was walking about without a hat confidently ! Who is doing your treatment ?

chris
    Participant

Antonio is doing mine, who did yours? I’ll try that with the wahl balding clippers, I’m hoping nobody really notices but I think I’m kidding myself with that one!

coconuthead
    Participant

I swear it. It depends on how bald you are but nobody has noticed mine. Anyone I’ve said to has been amazed. I ain’t putting pics up until finished but haven’t added much to my hairline. I think that’s the key, (that and a light colour) to it being natural if you are very bald. I basically followed a transplanted hairline I had. Last treatment dropped it a mm beyond the hairline and next one only a few dots below it. Too many guys try and replicate a dark shaver zero or number 1 then it looks painted. To be natural all you want is a subtle shadow of a shaved head.

hairtoday
    Participant

Talk to Antonio before he starts and explain your at work on Sunday and he might be able to go lighter on density for the first session then do more on sessions 2 and 3. It isn’t an exact science though when it comes to redness and fading! Even throughout my different sessions it took different amount of time for redness to go. The main obstacle you may face is the no shave rule. If your hair starts to grow out too much it will look odd, I would shave down with a wet or foil razor on the morning before your treatment to give as much time to grow out before Sunday. The 3D look of stubble may give you away other wise.

chris
    Participant

Thanks for the advice! I’m fairly bald now, the hair I do have is dark though so I keep it as close to a 0 as possible ATM. Debating going shorter for tomorrow though to take into account not being able to shave it for a few days. Also, did anybody go to the London clinic? I’m driving from Liverpool because of the train prices and unsure of where to park. Debating finding somewhere in the outskirts and getting the tube in.

hairtoday
    Participant

Why did you choose London? I would have thought Manchester would have been closer and easier to get to?

chris
    Participant

Manchester is definitely easier to get to but the earliest appointments available fell during time I am away so I wanted to have this finished beforehand

The Owl
    Participant

I am interested in what happens after treatments and what is the down time.

Curly
    Participant

My treatment settled within about 5 days.

chrisfletcher82
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have noticed some good advice on this thread, I wonder if someone who’s had the treatment would be nice enough to give me some information.

I have a fully bald head, I wet shave every day or two.
    I would love to have the treatment but I am concerned what I would look like if I didn’t shave for a couple of days? I feel my stubble grows quite quickly and I am worried it would be obvious.

Is there anyone who’s had the treatment could give me any feedback?

Thanks in advance chris

coconuthead
    Participant

Hi Chrisfletcher. By the time I am allowed to shave after my smp you can start to see the difference between 2D and 3D. But only just. That’s with a rotary razor. Everyone is different though but don’t know if many guys have carefully tried to shave the sides earlier ?

hairtoday
    Participant

Hi Chris, any update of how you got on at the weekend?

Hi Chrisfletcher, my hair seems to grow quite fast and so far I can only get away with shaving every day with an electric shaver. If I shave in the morning I can get away with probably up to lunchtime the following day before the 3D effect starts to show. I have never tried to wet shave yet so I’m not sure if that would give me the extra to get a full 2 days between shaves, I’m happy shaving every morning its only 2-3 minutes zipping the electric over my head.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!