Sweating/Training after treatment

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Sweating/Training after treatment

• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated by Ralphy.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Colonel_Kurtz
    Participant

Finally got myself booked in for treatment after exhaustive reading, viewing online videos from various companies and a consultation with Marcin in Manchester. I was actually booked in for late January but have had to put it back to March due to work commitments. Absolutely gutted as I’ve been looking forward to it so much and buoyed by so many positive experiences related here. As luck would have it, my amended appointment means that my second session falls just five days before I’m due to compete in a tough mudder event. It hadn’t occurred to me at the time of booking, but I recall reading somewhere that it is not recommended to sweat or get your scalp wet after straight after treatment. Worried that I’ll struggle to train during those two weeks and obviously don’t want to jeopardise the SMP results. Any advice would be welcome. Cheers!

Dodgybarnet
    Participant

Is there any way you can rearrange the dates to begin sometime after tough mudder? I wouldn’t risk it personally.

Colonel_Kurtz
    Participant

I’ve already rearranged once and would probably rather drop out of the race as am keen to get it done. Is the risk that bad? What’s the timescale to avoid sweating or exposure to water after treatment?

Dodgybarnet
    Participant

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe you’re supposed to wait 1 month before doing heavy physical activity. I think you can do light training 7-10 days after treatment but sweating should be avoided.

Colonel_Kurtz
    Participant

Bugger…
    Have you had the treatment?

chalky84
    Participant

I was advised to avoid heavy sweating for five days. I decided to leave a week, so did nothing between treatment 1 and 2. Then went back to running one week after treatments 2 and 3. Also told to avoid swimming for one month after treatment 3

Colonel_Kurtz
    Participant

Thanks Chalky. How has yours settled? Are you happy with the results?

chalky84
    Participant

Yep really pleased couldn’t be happier. I had my final treatment a month ago and really pleased. I am a bit of an exercise junkie so have been training regularly.

You can certainly over think things and over worry (I did). I chatted with the guys at skalp about what I had planned training wise and we just went through what to do and not to do. They are top guys and answer all your questions

Colonel_Kurtz
    Participant

Thanks for your replies. I found out about the treatment last summer and have given it a lot of thought since. I’m just gutted I’ve had to postpone my original appointment! I train a lot – swimming included – but it was just coincidental timing about the race so close to week two. I appreciate your response.

Baldy Bill
    Participant

Hello men,
    Had my third session with Dean seven days ago and I am over the moon! This was the best thing I’ve ever done. Just one question though, it has now been seven days and Dean has told me I would be ok to go back to my running but the guidelines from the company say much longer, advice on the internet with different companies and forums range from three to thirty days so I just don’t know what to do. I only run two or three mile but do sweat. What do you think guys? Is seven days long enough after third session for run? I don’t want to risk my new look. Any help please?

narb
    Participant

Bill, i imagine there’s hundreds of us that go through the same thing. With no scientific advice, why risk it? Leave it as long as you reasonably can based on the advice you’ve seen. If that’s 30 days, then leave it 30 days. I take it you don’t want to go back if you can help it? It’s a one off (pending future top ups) so get it right i would say..

Ralphy
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!