Taking the leap this week :-D

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Taking the leap this week :-D

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by Eirik.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eirik
    Participant

Hi everybody!

Been reading a lot on this forum and I thought I’d say hi! 🙂

I appologize in advance for what’s probably going to be a rather long text. I tend to be quite skilled at using a lot of words to say very little when I’m maneuvering a foreign language, haha!

I’m Eirik (not Erik or Eric lol) and I come from Tromsø in northern Norway. I’m a professional classical musician, so a big part of my life is about being on stage infront of a lot of people. I also blog daily about my life as a musician – on Instagram where I have quite a lot of followers from all over the world; I post a lot of videos, and get a lot of exposure online at times. I have videos with up to 718000 views. I guess that it’s pretty obvious that when you do what I do you gotta be comfortable with all eyes on you, infront of a camera etc, and lemme tell you: It’s not always easy to not be self-concious when so many people are watching (and commenting!). This is one of the reasons I’ve decided to do something about my hairloss now. And the kinda little bit (very) scary and intimidating (but also cool!) thing is that I’m going to be 100% public about it! I’m going to Instagram about it, and I’m also going to do some vlogging. It’s not inside the comfort zone we develope. Or, at least that’s what I think.

The first time I got comments about my hairloss was at the hairdresser when I was 15 years old. The lady who cut my hair asked me about when my hair had started receding so badly. I’m sure she meant no harm, but this little comment really hurt the young me a lot. I’m sure nobody who reads this forum need any further explanations, haha 🙂 Since then I went through all the phases: combing my hair in certain ways to hide it, trying out every gel, spray (u name the product), having a big hat budget and all that jazz. To this day most people I know are used to see me with a baseball cap or some other kind of headwear. I dont think I am ugly, but I surely feel I look a lot older than I feel ‘cus of my balding head. Also I’m SICK of all the comments. I sometimes wonder if people with a full heads of hair realizes how many ‘funny’ comments a poor balding guy actually gets. Well, maybe some people deal with it better than others… I can only speak for myself.

I once even scheduled a hair transplant at one of Norway’s most well known clinics for such, but I didn’t go through with it in the end. I was 25 and my mum, who just wanted me to be happy, told me that if the HT would be what it took to make me happy with myself she would help me pay for it (She also told me, and still tells me, that I look great the way I am. You know mums 😉 ). The reason that I backed out was that when I contacted the clinic I had the feeling they were trying to sell me a used car, and that they couldn’t care less about the psycological aspect of the whole thing. I really felt so vulnerable, and that I was talking to someone who were just interested in my money and not my wellbeing. At this point simply talking about my hair and my big forehead was unbearable for me. Felt like admitting to ludacris vanity, I suppose. Not a great feeling.

Today I am 33 – a lot more relaxed about the topic, and when I see how much more hair I’ve already lost since, I can’t stress enough how glad I am that I went with my gut feeling back in 2010. And how glad I am to have found Skalp! Feels like this is it!

I’m also very glad to have found this forum. So cool to read all these grown up men opening up about complexes and supporting each other. So touching and kinda unexpected in a way. Everyone who’s posted their stories here or as video testimonials: Wow, you guys are an inspiration! Thank you so much! Let’s hope me sharing my story and my journey can contribute the same way for others.

I’ll attach the mockups Isabelle at Skalp provided me with, so you guys get to see a lil bit of what is now and what is to come. Really exciting, isn’t it? I guess what’s left now is to get my ass on a plane in a couple of days, and figure out how to find Skalp when I arrive in Manchester!

If any of you guys want to find me on Instagram to follow this process/ see how it looks in pics and videos: The handle is @EIRIKFLUTE. Feel free to drop me a line either here or there 🙂 Thanks for reading!

Cheers! -Eirik-

Attachments:
    Baldviking
    Participant

Hei!

Jeg kom akkurat hjem fra Manchester selv. Ferdig med session 3, og forhåpentligvis ferdig med smp. Du kunne ikke valgt bedre da jeg ikke kunne blitt mer fornøyd. Lykke til.

Eirik
    Participant

Hei! ?? Så fett! Skriver på engelsk, jeg, så forstår alle som leser her! Håper det ikke er gærnt av meg 😉

That’s awesome! I’m so happy to hear that your results are fabulous! It’s kind of strange, but I’m more nervous for the flights than gettin’ a big ole tattoo on my head actually haha! I’m just in love with all the pictures I see of people’s results, and I feel certain I’m in the best hands! I’d love to see some before/after pics if you’re willing to share 🙂

Cheers!

Baldviking
    Participant

You’ll go through a rollercoaster of emotions. You’ll piss your pants and shit yourself, but in the end, you’ll be more than happy. This is a process, so be prepared for frustrating nights thinking “what the fuck have I done”.

Manchester is a great choice, as their work is flawless. I was at one point thinking “Nah, it won’t be looking that natural, but I don’t care. I just want that hairline”. But as it fades over time, it will look so realistic that even you will forget it’s not real hair. SMP is the real deal. If someone can live a happy life with a shaved head, then SMP is a great choice.

I just want to comment on something that hasn’t been discussed in this forum. And I think this is important for everyone who considers SMP to know.

SMP won’t solve all your problems. It’s not a cure for everything. It won’t make your career go from 0-60 in 2.1 seconds, and people won’t treat you any different. It will make you smile when you see yourself in the mirror, and it will in some ways improve the way you see yourself. But most people will not notice the changes, and like I said, they won’t treat you any different. In my case, I told my closest family members and friends about it, they loved the results, and life moved on. But I did not tell anyone at work, and nobody has this day said anything. People just don’t care. And here is my point: after years of being bald, feeling dull and weak because of low self-esteem, I can understand that some people expect SMP to be the start of a new life with daily compliments and positive attention from everywhere, rather than negative attention like we are used to due to balding. But having SMP done by the right practitioner, you will get results too realistic for anyone to notice the change.

This was just a general comment on something that not many people have discussed in this forum. I’m pretty sure you’re a guy who wants to do SMP for self-improvement, increased self-esteem etc. We all want to do it for our selves, and not to please everybody else. But I think it’s important to discuss the fact that SMP won’t change the world around you. It will only change what’s inside your mind.

Aaaaanyways, enough with that.

You will start smiling when you see yourself in the mirror, and that is more than enough change for all of us who have gone bald. You’re going to feel well again. And by the way. Smiling wrinkles around your eyes and mouth is a serious side effect Skalp should warn future customers about.

Baldviking
    Participant

Photo with black jacket is after session one in March. I did session two five days after before I flew back to Norway. The last photo is taken 2 months after session two. I had session 3 a few days ago, but need a few more days for the SMP to settle and slightly fade. Won’t post a photo until it looks like it should.

Attachments:
    Baldviking
    Participant

Oh, and by the way, I am so blonde that I was worried SMP would not work for me, as I don’t have many visible follicles when my hair is closely shaved. But as you can see here, it looks just as good on men with light skin and fair hair, as it does on darker guys with darker hair.

Eirik
    Participant

I suppose it’s quite individual how different people feel after a change like this.
    I never was a Brad Pitt or a Channing Tatum, and I don’t have any expectations about being a top shelf hottie after this hahaha. I just want to look the best I can, and feel good about myself when I play concerts or when I’m in other situations where I’m expected to dress properly.
    I don’t expect to experience any kind of regrets (or incontinence!! haha) cus of this 😀 But I surely know what you mean about different emotions surfacing; I actually thought I had come to terms with and accepted my hairless situation – so to speak. But after this opportunity occured, finding out about Skalp etc, I’ve realized that it was more a case of having given up than literal acceptance, really. 🙂

From what I can see in the photos you shared you look great by the way! And I bet it *feels* great too!

Baldviking
    Participant

All I can say now is good luck. You won’t regret a thing. Most men looks great without hair, you included. But sometimes, it’s about more than that. It’s about feeling good, feeling confident and being able to like what you see in the mirror. SMP will get you on the right track. I feel great, and I am so thankful that I have this treatment done. I’m only 22, but I felt like 33. Now I feel like 22 again. And that’s the greatest feeling ever.

Keep us updated. And feel free to ask any questions. You can send me your snapchat to rote.konto@gmail.com if you want to ask any questions during the process of SMP.

Eirik
    Participant

As a 33 year old myself I can tell you that in any case there’s nothing too adult about being 30+ hehe, but I understand you perfectly! Wish I’d known about this when I was 22. However, I’m also glad to have found out about this now while I still feel young 🙂
    Sure, I’ll send you an e-mail right away!
    Thanks for your very thorough replies to my thread!

Eirik

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!