Taking the Plunge

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Taking the Plunge

• This topic has 113 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated by longrange69.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    longrange69
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just booked a consultation for feb 7th. For me, like all on this forum I guess, this is huge. I started to lose my hair when I was 24. I’m now 45 and still hate what I see when I look in the mirror. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve a beautiful wife and a very good job – I love life. Even so, I still feel robbed of something which gave me an identity I liked a great deal.

I first saw Skalp on TV recently as I’m sure many others did. I sat in quiet shock next to my wife who clocked my face instantly. “Do it”, she said before I’d even said a word. So do it I will.

I’m a Manager in the prison service, an environment which ironically takes no prisoners when it comes to taking the piss out of one another. Naturally, I’m cautious about my first appearance in work after the initial session. Nevertheless, I don’t think I actually care – I’m doing this entirely for me. Even so, some feedback from those who have run the gauntlet of facing those we see everyday would be very much appreciated.

I feel like a kid again.

Hoops
    Participant

I was worried initially when having this treatment, but you have nothing to worry about at all.

Just make sure you have a natural looking hairline and people will just think you shaved your head.

longrange69
    Participant

Thanks, hoops. I’ve had it shaved for 20 years now. I think it’s just yet all I see when I look in the mirror is a big expanse of head and soon it won’t be!!!! I’ll be asking for a hairline that reflects my age I think…

longrange69
    Participant

I had my consultation with Ollie today who was great. Really nice fella too which is a bonus. I also booked my three appointment dates kicking off on March 3rd. Like a child waiting for Xmas now!!

Ollie spoke about starting off light which made me feel a lot better. I want to stay pretty light anyhow. We spoke about hair length too. I currently have mine at a length which can just about be matched by the treatment as I like the grown out look although to be honest I’m pretty sure I’ll take it shorter when I’ve got a hairline in place. All the same, everything Ollie said out a smile on my face

tomo85
    Participant

Ollie is awesome! He done a great job with my treatment and like you was very keen not to go too dark and keep things natural. I had my second treatment nearly 4 weeks ago now. The biggest test was this weekend, as I went t with a load of close friends who I had kept a low profile from…the reaction was great, ie not one person suspected a thing! I am looking at booking my 3rd session perhaps next month, just need to ring and arrange the appointment. Can’t really see what else needs doing though…all the best for March

longrange69
    Participant

Make the call!!!! I’ve seen your pics after your treatment 1. Any after shots of 2? I too will go for a slightly receded look so particularly interested.

And you’re right, Ollie has a nice way about him. Looking forward to getting to know him a little.

tomo85
    Participant

Hi Longrange69,

I will aim to take some more pics tmrw and more than happy to meet in London at some point if that helps. I may have my hairline tweaked a little. I think it can look a bit dark sometimes so I certainly wont be going any darker or denser. The blending on the back is perfect in my opinion.

longrange69
    Participant

Great news tomo85

longrange69
    Participant

5 says and counting til session one with Ollie!!!! Cant wait 🙂

CheadleBoy
    Participant

All the best mate. I’m sure Ollie will make you a
    happy hairy man.

longrange69
    Participant

Thanks, cheadle boy!! Sounds stupid but I’ve never been so bloody excited

Baldy01
    Participant

The start of a great journey long range.

These five days will go slowly but once you are in the chair the hair will come 🙂

longrange69
    Participant

Little nervous about session two when I’m due back at work 48 hours later. I saw a thread on here whereby session one had more done than might ordinarily be done as the lad was going on holiday. I’ve a week off after sessions one and three so don’t know if this approach is possible for me? Probably over- thinking it 🙂

Baldy01
    Participant

Trust the guys at SKALP. This isn’t a treatment to be rushed. These guys produce quality and will make you happy. Enjoy the ride 🙂

longrange69
    Participant

Baldy01 – you’re right!! I’ll switch off and enjoy the experience 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!