- This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by irishfella1989.
03/05/2015 at 5:52 pm #12147irishfella1989Participant
I’ve been researching SMP for a number of months now and i’m hoping to go for a consultation soon. I’m 25 with a pretty receded hairline and the top + crown are starting to lighten also. Friends have told me I don’t need to shave my head yet but frankly it gets me down every time I look in the mirror. A hair transplant is not going to work for me. I’m hoping to shave my head just before I get SMP.
Just a couple of things that are stopping me going full steam ahead.
– Will it look natural on Caucasian skin? I always very impressed with SMP on darker skin tones but still feel at times it doesn’t look 100% natural on white skin.
– I have told one or 2 friends about SMP and showed them photos and frankly they weren’t impressed and told me to stay away from it. Anybody else had the same issues with people they told?
– I’ve read on other forums that people tend to go for temporary SMP rather than permanent. Has anyone got this done in the past?
– I’m in Dublin and have yet to find someone else here who has got SMP done.
Feel free to chime in if you have any guidance or advice for me!
irish03/05/2015 at 7:15 pm #31276
I’m 45, white and began to lose my hair aged 25. The treatment has changed my life in so many ways – some more obvious than others. Only those who knew me before the treatment know I’ve had it done as it looks incredible. Only you can decide but for me a life of avoiding mirrors, especially at 25, is unnecessary.03/05/2015 at 7:34 pm #31277irishfella1989Participant
It looks great longrange69. When did you get yours done? and How does it look in natural daylight?
Cheers!03/05/2015 at 8:11 pm #31278
Third session just over a month ago. The photo was taken outside in the shade. My confidence is through the roof…03/05/2015 at 8:18 pm #31279
Another in sunlight. Mine is no better or worse than any other Skalp treatment. They are all outstanding.04/05/2015 at 9:06 am #31281coconutheadParticipant
@ long range that looks incredible. I’m hoping for a similar hairline. Booked in end of June. Irishfella, honestly Skalp SMP is a lot more natural. Once you see it in the flesh it is undetectable when shaved down. If you still have some hair on top it feels real too. I was ambivalent until I saw it for real!04/05/2015 at 10:27 am #31283Benjamin KramerParticipant
Best thing you will ever do Irish fella.
I’ve had it a number of months now and so happy.
Will be posting a diary very soon but wanted to wait until all settled.04/05/2015 at 10:30 am #31284
Thanks, Coconuthead. I think the main issue here is who’s treatments were you not that convinced by, Irish? I’d be surprised if it was Skalp. You get what you pay for, I guess.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.