Third session next week, need some advice please.

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Third session next week, need some advice please.

• This topic has 36 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by cannybaldy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Fletch70
    Participant

I’m looking forward to my third session on the 15th August in London.
    I’m looking for some advice on whether I should go a bit darker, or will the density make it look darker anyway. I have to say in brighter lighting I can hardly see the treatment. Session 1 was shade 64, session 2 went to 50. Jason said maybe go to shade 45 at session 3 and I’m wondering whether 40 would be too dark. Anyone else have a similar experience? I’ve just turned 50 so maybe lighter is age appropriate.
    As for the hairline, I still feel its slightly high and needs to come down a bit more with some definition around the sides. Pic below, thoughts are welcome, as this is my last session and I need to get it right.

Fletch70
    Participant

Pic below this time

Attachments:
    seb131
    Participant

Hey Fletch,

You sure your third session is on 15th August?as it’s the 15th today lol hope you havnt missed it man!

I’m in the same boat as you as I am waiting to get my third treatment done also, and I feel mine has faded since second treatment a bit which is normal from what I heard, your hairline looks very natural in my opinion and if you feel you want it darker you should get the pros opinion when you start your session, good luck!

Fletch70
    Participant

Hi Seb,

Good spot, you’re right, I put today’s date in error and meant Wednesday 19th. Doh!!

Thanks for your thoughts- I’m assuming the extra dots will build density and make the colour darker anyway. As you say, I will take advice from the consultant on colour and softness of the hairline, and whether it comes down a touch more (I’m thinking maximum 1cm).

I’ll post some pictures when it’s done and settled down. Good luck with your third treatment too!!

James12345
    Participant

Hi Fletch,

To provide some context, my temples are receding but I have full coverage on top of my head, when I shave down to the bone with my foil shaver, no hair is visible under bright lights, at all. In fact, In almost all unfavourable lighting conditions, especially in daylight you can barely see any colour on my scalp.

Cheers

James

Fletch70
    Participant

Hi James, thanks for the clarification, it’s good to know,

I can appreciate what you say. I personally lost my hair on top years ago and when I wet shave the sides of my hair it’s difficult to see the ‘hair shadow’ so to speak.Then again in certain light it’s really visible. For me, I feel the best look is 24hrs after a wet shave.

I’ll be happy to see the horse shoe shape at the back blend in to the SMP.

Thanks for your comments, appreciated.

Fletch

Fletch70
    Participant

I had my third and final session with Leon in London yesterday (19th August).
    Leon worked on the density and blending across the whole head. It’s still a bit red at the moment, as we went touch deeper in the areas that didn’t take as well after session 2. About 80% held, which I understand is common in many cases.

Leon has done a brilliant job to perfect the look, I can’t thank all the wizards at Skalp enough who’ve worked on my head across all the sessions. I really have my confidence back.

I’ve attached a few pics straight after the session and one this morning. I’ll put some more on in a couple of days when the redness has gone down.

Fletch

Attachments:
    Fletch70
    Participant

Duplicate entry

Attachments:
    seb131
    Participant

Hey fletch, did you end up lowering the hairline on your third session?

Result looks great!

Fletch70
    Participant

Hi Seb,

Leon recommended to keep the same hairline and we went from shade 50 to shade 49 at the 3rd session, so very little change in colour really. The additional density has added the darker tone to be fair.

Now the redness has gone down and I’ve spoken to friends and family, we all agree the sides are too far back and need to come forward a bit and I’d like the front hairline a touch softer, which will bring it down slightly, say a1/4 inch as well. I’ll take a picture in a minute and post it below. Let me know what you think please Seb?

Good luck with your 3rd session.

Cheers,

Fletch

Fletch70
    Participant

Here’s some pics after 4 days (showered and got head wet today).

I applied some sun cream and played golf this morning. The lads at the golf club all thought it looks good and most said it needs to come forward on the sides and soften the front a little, then it will be perfect. When they saw the mock up photo they liked it more. See pics below.

Attachments:
    Fletch70
    Participant

Oops, pressed send too soon, more pics below.

Attachments:
    seb131
    Participant

Hey Fletch,

Do you mean bringing the sides forward towards your temples?

I think that’s what you mean and yeah i would probably agree with that however not sure if it would look as natural as it does now.

Fletch70
    Participant

Hi Seb,

Yeah I was thinking of bringing the sides forward towards the temples a little bit (no more than 1cm each side) while keeping it as natural as possible. I don’t think the front needs to come down much at all (only to soften the hairline slightly).

Thanks for your thoughts.

Fletch

James12345
    Participant

I agree hairline could do with softening slightly.

Cheers

James

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!