Third session next week, need some advice please.

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Third session next week, need some advice please.

• This topic has 36 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by cannybaldy.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Fletch70
    Participant

I agree James.

I’ve spoken to Skalp about it and about getting some more density on my crown, so I’m booked in again on the 18th September to get it all sorted.

I’m so pleased I chose Skalp as they’ve been brilliant. In most cases 3 session’s are enough but I’m totally bald on top so it turns out I need a 4th session to perfect the look. No questions asked.

See pic below and you’ll see what I mean.

Thanks for your opinion James 👍

Fletch

Stevens33
    Participant

Looks great mate, sure they will sort the density in the crown out with an extra session no problem.

Fletch70
    Participant

Yeah I’m confident they will get it sorted.

James12345
    Participant

Fletch, how long had your hair been left to grow in that outdoor pic that was attached, and what had you used to trim?

It looked like your SMP was not dark enough and/or your hair was too long.

Cheers

James

Fletch70
    Participant

Hi James,

I tend to wet shave (not against the bristle) so feels smooth one way and stubble the other if that makes sense. From memory, that was in the afternoon so would have been 36hrs growth (I wet shave every other day).

I agree with you, I think I need to go a touch darker on the SMP – that was 49 so I’m thinking go to around 45 with more density and that will do the trick. What do you think?

Fletch

James12345
    Participant

Hi Fletch,

I think that’s far too long to be honest.

I use a foil shaver (Andis TS1), against the grain, my head is baby smooth and within 12 hours I have to shave again.

In my opinion, as soon as you can start to feel stubble, you need to shave again, otherwise the difference between the SMP and your hair will be obvious.

My hair becomes much darker, even after 6-12 hours from shaving.

The shade of your SMP should match the shade of your hair when it’s shaved down, against the grain?

Cheers

James

Fletch70
    Participant

Hi James,

Thanks for the advice, that all makes sense. I’m new to all this and still finding my feet and experimenting to be honest. I was beginning to think a daily wet shave was going to be my usual routine going forward. I tried against the grain once and it lasted all day and the stubble feel only started at bedtime so I can live with that.

I have a foil shaver (Wahl Aqua Blade) that takes it down to baby smooth both ways but takes a little longer than a wet shave.

I’m booked in on the 18th September again so I will wet shave against the grain that morning so Leon can match the SMP colour and add more density to the crown. I will ask him to soften the hairline too, as we’ve identified already.

Fingers crossed 🤞

Fletch

James12345
    Participant

Sounds like a good plan!

Yes, wet shave against the grain gets a little closer than a foil shaver, in my experience, so I would think wet shaving against the grain every 24 hours would be ideal.

Cheers

James

Fletch70
    Participant

Thanks James 👍

cannybaldy
    Participant

Hi Fletch,
    How did the fourth session go did you get the density sorted on your crown, if you could get some photos up when you get a chance.

Fletch70
    Participant

Hey cannybaldy, how’s it going mate?

Yeah I had the fourth session last Friday (18th) and it went really well thanks. Leon looked after me and went a shade darker (47) on the crown and added more density too and blended it out nicely into the hairline (they are such skilled artists at Skalp). It looks like its done the trick at this early stage, but as you know it’s best to wait at least a week before it settles and finds its natural colour after a few washes and shaves.

Leon went a touch deeper as he said my skin on my crown was quite thick (yeah I know, it’s not the first time I’ve been called a thick head), so it was a bit sore after and the redness is taking a bit longer to fade on this occasion, today is looking better though.

I’m gonna leave it until Wednesday morning to shower and shave my head then I’ll take some photos and post them.

Have you had your third session yet? What did you decide on the hairline and temples?

Cheers,
    Fletch

cannybaldy
    Participant

Hi Fletch,
    Pleased to hear all went well looking forward to seeing your photos mate. I’ve got my 3rd session on Friday yes I’ll be after more density and maybe slightly darker, temples slightly more protruded soft and faded, and hairline lowered ever so slightly again soft and faded. I’m sure Christine in Edinburgh will get it spot on we are in safe hands Fletch SKALP are the masters of this procedure.

Fletch70
    Participant

Cheers mate and good luck with your session on Friday.

Post some photos when its all settled down and I’ll do likewise 👍

Fletch70
    Participant

Here’s a picture I took earlier this afternoon, three days after the final treatment.

The redness has started to fade and there’s good coverage across the whole of the crown now. I think Leon has blended the colour nicely. I’m looking forward to giving my head a good wash and shave on Wednesday, as my own hair is getting longer after a few days.

I’ll post some more photos soon when it has settled properly.

Attachments:
    cannybaldy
    Participant

That looks the business Fletch you must be more than happy with it, blends in Just nicely and good density also 👍

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!