Three hair transplants on.

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Three hair transplants on.

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by stevie.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    stevie
    Participant

Hi Guys :

Can anyone give me a little advice ? I’ve had three unsuccessful hair transplants, three in four years. I’d probably just shave the lot off, you know when you’ve tried everything, put you’re heart and sole in and been let down time and time again.
    The problem’s that I’ve got a large scar on the back of my head from my second transplant, so I can’t really do that and am now considering scalp pigmentation. Of course, I have a few concerns: will it suit me ? how and where should my hairline be ? What colour do I want ? I’m 51, am I too old ? So, I thought if you want to know more, best ask the advice of people who might have gone through the same emotional hell as I have: five years of differing levels of torture with no escape.

Please advise

Steve

HairHope
    Participant

Hi Steve,

I can only imagine what you’ve gone through with the transplants and so many people fear them because of what’s happened to you.

I’m currently having micro pigmentation and have had my first session so far. I had all the same doubts and worries as you, will it suit me? What is my head shape like without hair? Is it right for me? Etc

It’s been a tough transition and any major change takes some getting used to, but only a few days after my first session I’m already so much happier than I was the week before with a shaved head and bald patches from the Alopecia. I feel very free finally of all my hair dramas.

With regards to the scar you can email in pics to skalp and they usually reply pretty quickly. But besty to go have a consultation, they’re very friendly and will answer all your questions. Oh and as for your ages, I read another story on here from someone who was 63 and had it done and looks amazing.

Hope you find your hair freedom!

stevie
    Participant

Hi:

Thanks for your comments and kind words of support

The doubts you mention are obvious and understandable owing to the condition of ones hair and the baggage that one accumulates after having such an hard time. I think it’s only a person who has gone through the same or similar experience who can really understand our frustration . As my first post states, I’ve had those same concerns. It would be a dream come true just to have hair that didn’t attract so much negative attention. The thing is that the problem develops and grows in the mind. My hair looks crap, but I often think to myself ‘It’s not that bad’ yet society seems to disagree. This isn’t because anyone has been honest or rude enough to point it out, but because I’ve convinced myself that if anyone look in my general direction, I’ve been made. This is controllable but very tiring and distracting.

I hope your procedure works out for you and keep me informed with your progress.

Cheers

Steve

coconuthead
    Participant

I had one HT ten years ago, the coverage for my frontal area was good but since then I have lost a lot more elsewhere. I used concealers etc but one day bit the bullet and shaved it all down to a number 1. Now if anybody comments on the scar I tell them! Something I would never have dreamt of previously.Believe me I was so distraught when my hair started to recede and never imagined that I could come to terms with it. Although the scar and my baldness doesn’t bother me much now I know I would look much better with the treatment and definitely going to get it done. All the best with whatever you choose. 🙂
    PS I’m 45 now but went through everything since I was 21. Minoxidil, hair systems, finasteride.

Joe

stevie
    Participant

Hi Joe :

Thanks for your reply. I ‘m happy that you’ve found the solution to your hair problem and hope that it works out well for you.
    I’m seriously looking into Scalp Pigmentation and have booked 2 consultations and am planning a third. Having had three unsatisfactory HPs, I’m very weary about what to do for the best. I’m already carrying baggage as well as the unnatural looking hair. I feel that I rushed into my first transplant. I saw the footballer Rooney and , although he’s isn’t perfect, I thought this is the answer an ‘Hair transplant’. I was feed up at this point just because I’d reached my late forties and wasn’t getting the attention which I used to get 10 or 15 years before. My hair was never very good, but with the right attention, I could at least get away with it. After almost four years of thinking about little else, I have a decision to make. I could ask my surgeon to do the work, which he said he would, free of charge, or shave it off and expose a bald head and scar. The surgeon I’m with at the moment isn’t really responsible for the state of my hair. It still looks unnatural ,but it’s better than when I first asked him for his help and gave him 8K for two transplants.

In your reply you mention Finasterite. This drug has been very effective regarding encouraging hair growth, but brought side-effects. How much of this is in the mind, I’m not so sure. Although I’m so stressed in general, I feel my lack of interest in the fairer sex is down to the medication I was prescribed to take with my first hair transplant.

Despite having these mental problems, I still manage to teach in front of my student without them knowing what hell I’m going through. What I can’t hide is my hair which looks, from the back and sides, like a flower growing out of a pot, and an hairline that I couldn’t honestly tell you if it is too high or too low. Don’t get me wrong, Joe. I’ve tried hiding myself away as well, but that doesn’t work. On a good day, when I’m not engaging with my hair problem, I’m very confident. I think the reason for this is that I think if I can front a situation looking as bad as this, then I can do anything.

Now I’m sick of being brave in not rising to the bait of curious stares with hostile silent rudeness pointed at me across the pub, café and restaurant. What doesn’t kill you makes you strong, but now I’m strong enough.

Cheers and keep in touch

Steve

coconuthead
    Participant

Exactly the same as myself. The feeling I had on finasteride was horrid.
    I had thought of going for another HT but like my hair very short so I’m weighing up the pros and cons and out of all the companies I seem to prefer SKALP.
    Yip , it takes courage to stand in front of a group , especially with a cosmetic change. I used to work in a college and if I still did I’d be more ambivalent but I teach PE in primary schools so I’m hoping nobody notices. Lol. It’s good having the long holidays , which is when I’m planning on having the work done.
    Keep us updated 🙂

stevie
    Participant

Hi Coconuthead :

Finasterite is a problem for me but I’ve decided to carry on taking it for the time being. My plan’s to carry on taking it until I’ve made my mind up as to whether to have HT or Scalp Pigmentation. If the consultations go well and I think SP can meet me half-way with the way I’d like to look , then I’ll probably go for it and stop taking it. I don’t think I’ve a lot to lose. Yes, it could look worse, but I’d be free of the blue poison. It almost frustrates me more to carry on taking it knowing its nature than does the fact that despite taking it my hair still looks crap.

I think you’re right to wait until your hols before you go ahead with the SP, as I should think you’d need a few days to get your head around your new look. I sincerely hope it goes well for you and do keep me undated with your news and any tips you think might help.

Cheers

Steve

coconuthead
    Participant

Cheers for the comment on the other thread. I honestly can’t believe how real it looks and feels mate. Have you booked treatment yet ?

stevie
    Participant

I’ll be booking soon. I’ve asked Damon to give me a call, as I want to speak to him about the details of my treatment before I go ahead.

(Yours), It looks very natural; that’s just the look I’m after.

Can you give me a list of products that I will need to buy for aftercare ?

Well done… it’s a game changer !

coconuthead
    Participant

Hi Stevie , I cannot keep going on about it but it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. My technician , Marcin, is brilliant. So much attention to detail. Right down to single dots at the hairline. It blends with the hair I have at the front also.
    Re products , until it settles you don’t need to use anything at all. When it starts to ‘dry out’ and lighten I put on Eucryl 10% urea cream ( from boots). It’s not a huge commercial moisturiser like Nivea etc but much less harmful than some moisturisers.
    I’m lucky that I don’t have any shine but I do know that Monistat chafing gel ( used by runners etc) kills shine. Basically avoid any products with alcohol in them.
    It’s the best idea to start moisturising the scalp a good few weeks before treatment. I done this and apparently was told it makes a difference.
    All the best and go for it.

stevie
    Participant

Hi Coconuthead :

Yes, I spoke to Damon today on the phone and am waiting for a call from administration, and then I am booked in for Sept/Oct.
    Damon advised me to shave the lot off a couple of weeks before the treatment, so I could moisturise my scalp and get used to the short look.

Keep me updated with your pics and I’ll do the same soon as can do !!

Steve

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!