To go darker or not

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum To go darker or not

• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated by tristantennant.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tristantennant
    Participant

Hi guys, I’m wondering if to go darker or not and would appreciate your opinion

Attachments:
    m41
    Participant

I think it’s a personal choice. Yours looks very natural but looks slightly lighter than your video. Up to you really.

Benjamin Kramer
    Participant

I think it suits you very well.

ScarBoy
    Participant

Hi Tristan,

Like m41 has commented; it’s a personal choice. However, in my opinion a little bit darker wouldn’t look bad on you at all and I think it would enhance the hair illusion quite a bit.

The day I went for my consultation I met a guy who was there for his 2nd treatment; he recently sent me a post 3rd session pic. It’s a fair bit darker than yours and it looks awesome! I was amazed at how real & natural it looks.

Saying that, yours looks cool as it is so up to you!

Cheers
    ScarBoy

tristantennant
    Participant

Cheers guys.

I am thinking that I can go a few shades darker. I dont want to be playing with it too much as i like the density of dots as they are and wouldn’t want to be adding vast amounts more. I like the texture that not having a mass of dots creates

I think I had better get myself booked back in

T

cut above
    Participant

I agree with m41 ,

sonicthehairhog
    Participant

hi tristan,

i realise this is an old post but wondering if you went darker or what we saw in the video was the same as in the pictures you had posted on this thread?

I’m about to go for a consultation but I’m very much of the mindset of not wanting a dense dark finish that looks like a layer of ink on my head! yours looks pretty similar to what outcome i would want.

cheers.

tristantennant
    Participant

Hi jhr

I never did go darker as I like the density of dots on my head. When I first started getting it done I requested a few shades darker as we were going through the process. After my first session I felt I could go darker on my second visit, which I did. Its been 2 years now and I constantly have to convince people that its a tattoo and not my natural hair.

I appreciate its not an easy decision, I spent a lot of time thinking about it. Even though mates were telling me not to do it, saying that I looked fine, I knew it was something I really wanted to get sorted. Every single mate later admitted that they were wrong and that they were genuinely amazed at the results.

My opinion, subtle is best for a natural result.

All the best with you decision bud.

Tristan

sonicthehairhog
    Participant

thanks of the rapid reply! I’m heading down to today for the consolation so interesting to hear your experience.

I have dark hair but i wet shave every day with out fail as i don’t like the contrast of the skin and hairline and so if its left even a day it obviously becomes more noticeable. Im going let the guy I’m seeing know that your finish is a good blueprint to work off. Even though I’ve seen some with a soft hairline its still the density i look at which sometimes makes it look somewhat artificial and i don’t want anyone to start to question why it suddenly looks so dark and dense after 14 years of skin.

After how many sessions where those photos taken?

tristantennant
    Participant

I had 3 sessions, two 3 hour sessions and one 2 hour session. Mine works as I kept the ink colour close to that of my natural hair colour. You will have one session, all your head covered and then come back after a week and have the next session. In this time you will get to see how you feel about the colour and density. I went darker on my second and maybe even a tad darker on my 3rd.

I used to shave my head everyday, sometimes now its a week, although after a week I can certainly see where there is no hair anymore.

I still think there is room for me to go darker and this will hopefully add to the density and colour texture as there will then have been a few shades used in the over all result.

I was impressed after my first session!

Tristan

m41
    Participant

I think it’s a personal decision Tristan.

The light subtle look suits you very much, but if you think going darker is what you want then you can also do that.

Baldy01
    Participant

Agree with all above.

You look great as you are.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!