To skalp or not to skalp – high forehead, still lots of hair, need honest advice

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum To skalp or not to skalp – high forehead, still lots of hair, need honest advice

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by Tiger.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tiger
    Participant

Hi All,
    I am new to this blog and have somewhat of a different case for people to ponder over. I actually am not in the bald category per se but I do have quite a high forehead receding which has been with me for must be 15+ years since my mid twenties. I use lots of products and usual prescription meds to keep my loss at bay and to be honest it has worked to maintain what I have. I get my hair cut every 2.5-3 weeks to keep it short as looks better and given I am being open and honest here I also do get my hair professionally coloured also with every cut as am very grey at the sides. Issue I have is all this maintenance is just so much effort an it is really just annoying me at this stage, I have never shaved my head down to like a one or anything as then my grey would stand out more. I have been thinking a lot for over a year now whether to just go an bite the bullet and shave it all off but then get the scalp procedure done to enhance it and help cover the greys up. I have been to skalp a year back for a consult but chickened out of going ahead at the time. It’s a real dilemma for me to make this decision as if I do it there is no going back but then expect if I do I may well like it much more than I do my hair today which just drives me nuts. I am asking for advice and opinion from people out there what they think, maybe I am just being too sensitive and what I have is fine and should be happy with it but every time I see a photo of myself I just hate my hair in it which again could just be my paranoia go to thing. My other thought on this is if I go ahead then people will less notice the procedure because of the amount of hair I have, they may just say, wow you shaved your head, cool. Would really appreciate open and honest feedback from all on what they think or if anyone knows anyone who went ahead who had a similar situation. To help I have attached a recent mock up I have had done which shows my current hair side by side my mock up. Also interested to hear on people’s experience who are grey or greying where they have hair shaved. If you blend into the side correctly and leave it grow out for a few days does it show more of a nice salt and pepper rather than white or you need to keep it shaved down for best look and effect. Also, what do people think about the mockup line positioning, I think it looks good but is it too low base on old hair line position and maybe I should bring it back up a bit, I know this is very personal to the individual but interested in views so I can decide and make a final decision once and for all.
    Thanks for reading
    Best
    Tiger

Attachments:
    Dron
    Blocked

Hi,
    Since you have a fairly amount of hair left, SMP will look very good on you and will blend well. The more hair you have the better it looks. Grey hair is more likely to spot with longer hair, besides your hair is not black so it will not be easily seen. Shaved or trimmed down hair, sort of looks grey ish anyway since it´s so short and close to the skin. Grey hair is the least of a bald manns concern, it´s still hair. You will likely loose more hair as time goes, and your best bet if you do not go with a transplant is SMP at skalp, if you feel like it. SMP on you will probably just be a little filled in at the top and temple area´s based on your photos. First you should try and trim the head to see if you like that look. Without seeing your whole face and head, you will also most likely look younger. You will need to trim the hair very often after SMP, depending on how fast it grows and what you feel is necesarry, every day to every second day, but that goes fast with a foil shaver. Skalp is without a doubt the best at SMP, so that part should not concern you.

LJ
    Participant

I’m 50/50 on this one. How well are you covering the top over there or is it quite thick?

If you are going to shave it off, SMP would look brill, like the poster above says, with some natural hair also, it’ll look the bomb

Tiger
    Participant

thanks for the feedback folks, my hair is reasonably thick from the forehead back when I keep it short but if I leave it grow a bit it looks more thinning so keep it tidy. The issue I have is the constant maintenance and products. I don’t want to go the transplant journey. Luckily I am quiet lean and fit and think that the shaved look may suit me well. One other factor that will most likely help me make my decision is meeting some people in person to see what the finished product looks like, I did visit skalp some time back but was a bit nervous about looking at the practitioners heads close up so maybe meeting a customer who has had it done for a beer and a chat about the experience will help. Photos and videos always look great but can’t beat seeing the end product straight in front of you.
    Best
    Tiger

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!