Toon81 Manchester

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Toon81 Manchester

• This topic has 128 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated by Toon81.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Toon81
    Participant

Hi all. I’ve been reading the forum for a while and feel I’m now confident enough that I’m ready to book some sessions of SMP. Let me to introduce myself, my name’s Tom. I’m a 33 year old from Newcastle and I started rapidly going bald in my early 20’s.

I’ve been shaving my head increasingly close to try to maintain a respectable look but have got to the stage where I’m almost completely bald on top (a Norwood 7) and no longer like the way I look. I now actively avoid mirrors and friends with cameras.

I’ve come to really hate the horseshoe of skin on the back and top of my head. It’s got to the stage where I hate people walking behind me as I’m sure they’re staring at my bald head. I also have some scarring on the back of my head which I’m also self conscious about.

Not having a hairline at the front is almost as bad though, just a vast expanse of skin, an endless forehead making my head resemble a large egg. Seeing this every morning in the mirror is just a bit depressing and really knocks the confidence before the day has even started really.

My current routine is shaving every day (or every other day if I’ve slept in) with a rotary shaver. I’ve been doing this for a few years now, trying to minimise the contrast between the hair on back and sides and almost complete lack of hair on top!

Attachments:
    shearer
    Participant

Hi Tom.Welcome to the forum.
    Like many others on the forum I can truly empathise with your situation as you sound exactly like me when I was your age.
    I am a bit older now(50+) and feel a genuine happiness for the young lads in similar situations to you knowing that the s.m.p. solution for hair loss is here.
    I have recently completed my third treatment with the”brilliantly talented Mr.Ashcroft”( Damon to his mates) at the Manchester clinic.

Baldy01
    Participant

All the best with your treatment Toon81.

You look like you have a good shaped head and it will look great i am sure.

Geordie80
    Participant

Hey Tom,
    I’ve been a lurker on the forum for a while now and reading your post has prompted me to sign up and post. Seriously what you wrote could be my own words. I think exactly the same, am about the same nw level AND I’m from Newcastle! Spooky stuff!
    How far along in the process are you? Have you had a consultation yet? I’m going for mine in Manchester tomorrow.
    Good to know I’m not alone (and that goes for the full forum, the support here is amazing.)

Toon81
    Participant

Thanks all. I’ve decided to keep this blog throughout my SMP journey as this forum has been a great source of motivation and confidence to me and hope I can give something back and maybe inspire others as I have been.

I have now had a phone consultation with Damon. We talked through my concerns and expectations and I sent him some pics.

I didn’t decide to go to the Manchester clinic for a face to face consultation mostly due to having maxed out my holiday allocation at work so I’d be keen to hear how you got on Geordie80.

I was confident only doing a phone and pics consultation as I’ve seen and been impressed with loads of examples of Damon’s work and am familiar with his wealth of experience in the industry. This set him and SKALP head and shoulders above rival companies that i’d had initial consultations with as the practitioners offered couldn’t match his years of experience or quality in his portfolio of work.

Damon’s a great friendly guy on the phone and just inspires confidence.
    I was a little cautious at first as I have never had tattoos but he put my mind at rest. I left the phone call slightly elated and excited to get started with my treatment.

Geordie80
    Participant

Great news mate! When you booked in for?
    I’ll let you know how I get on.

Toon81
    Participant

I’m now booked in mid February with the second session booked 9 days later. How’d you get on Geordie80? Please say you were impressed mate, considering I’ve just paid my deposit haha.

Geordie80
    Participant

Hey, I was impressed mate. Damon was extremely honest and open which is exactly what we need when making a massive decision like this.
    Not that long until your session! How did the mock up look?

balding saint
    Participant

Hi toon81 I have just had my 2 treatment with Damon and it looks great did you have your consultation on the 20th

balding saint
    Participant

Sorry that was ment for geordie80

Geordie80
    Participant

Hey Saint, I did yeah in the afternoon. Were you in that morning?

Toon81
    Participant

Great news mate, thanks. I definitely had a good impression from speaking to him on the phone.
    Yeah, I’ve not long to wait really and looking forward to it.
    Did you have a mock up done? Was it a deal sealer for you?
    I haven’t had one but as I’ve been shaving my head since my early twenties I can just about remember what my head should look like.

Thanks BS, reassuring to hear that you’re happy with your treatments.

Hoops
    Participant

Damon a great guy, very experienced Practitioner and will look after you. Treated by him last year. You will look great.

balding saint
    Participant

You will love it toon81 Damon is great and puts you at ease geordie80 I was in on Tuesday getting my second treatment I left about 2 that day

Geordie80
    Participant

I must have just missed you mate!

I received my mock up last night. It’s quite a shock actually seeing it.

I know that it’s only a mock up and they smooth out the ridges in the head etc but it really makes you realise what a difference a hairline makes!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!