Toon81 Manchester

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Toon81 Manchester

• This topic has 128 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated by Toon81.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Geordie80
    Participant

2 days! How you feeling about it?
    Definitely exciting times. You’ll have to come on and tell us all about it straight after!

Baldy01
    Participant

Toon81 good luck with treatment.

Make sure you moisturise your scalp a few times a day and shave your head to get used to it. Your skin in condition is so important.

Geordie80
    Participant

Good luck Toon81, let us know how you get on pal.

longrange69
    Participant

Good luck, mate!!

Toon81
    Participant

Thanks guys. I’ll keep you updated with how I get on. Just woke up, its 4am and I’m off to Manchester to get my head tattooed! Haha..how odd. My alarm doesn’t go off for another hour but I can’t sleep.
    I’m mostly just excited but there’s a few nerves that I guess are only natural. Will I bleed excessively? how will my skin take to the ink? How high should my hairline be?Should I bother with a painkiller? etc.
    My scalp seems to be in good condition thankfully, I’ve been moisturising the last couple of days with Nivea aftersun with Aloe Vera. It seems a good product, I purchased the spray on version which is handy for just giving my head a light spritz a few times a day.
    Right, bye for now. I’m off down the road to SKALP to meet Damon and get my head sorted haha!

longrange69
    Participant

This’ll be me two weeks today. Enjoy your day 😉

CheadleBoy
    Participant

I remember the same feelings of excitement and nerves
    When I had it done. Good times.

longrange69
    Participant

Toon81 – so how’d it go??!!

Toon81
    Participant

It went well thanks. The session started off with Damon deciding the shade of ink. I think he went with a 26. He then asked me to draw on my ideal hairline and I drew a line indicating the level at the front that I wanted my hairline to come down too. I let Damon draw the rest in because frankly, my homemade attempts at this prior to the appointment were awful.

After we were both happy with the shape of the hairline the inking began. It wasn’t that painful thankfully as I hadn’t bothered with paracetamol. A few spots on the temples and a little bit of the crown were a little more stingy than the rest but easily bearable.

Damon said my skin was in good condition after the few days pre-moisturising and I’d recommend this preparation. I didn’t bleed much either. Possibly due to these two factors the whole thing was over quicker than I expected. I was probably only in the chair for 2.5 hours factoring in a cuppa break and Damon speaking to a client who walked in mid-session (which I was fine with)

I am happy with the results of the first session. As Damon explained its really about establishing the hairline and putting down a base which is used by him to assess how well the ink takes to my head until my second session next week . I’m now looking forward to my next session at the back end of next week and adding a bit of density.

Geordie80
    Participant

Massive difference already mate. Hairline looks spot on too.

Toon81
    Participant

Thanks. It’s great to have a hairline again. It’s a bit red and raw looking, more so than picked up in the photo but that was expected and will sort itself out. Really pleased so far.

Geordie80
    Participant

Did you wet shave?

SkalpD
    Participant

Here you go Toon81. Some before and after 1st session today.

longrange69
    Participant

Looks great, mate 😉

Toon81
    Participant

Thanks SkalpD. Such a contrast in those pics. I’m much happier and hairy-er already!

Geordie80- I used a rotary shaver the night before. I find it less hassle than wet shaving

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!