Treatment with Marcin in September

Home Forums UK & USA CLIENT EXPERIENCES Treatment with Marcin in September

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by chimp_74 chimp_74 September 5, 2017 at 10:01 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

daveofedinburgh
    Participant

Hi guys,
    As per the title, been offered dates for sessions 1 & 2 with Marcin in September, just need to confirm now.
    A quick couple of questions;
    -I have quite alot of freckles on the top of my head. Im not red-headed (g*nger), but have fairly light brown hair- any idea how good/ bad or well-covered freckled heads are with SMP?
    -I had my initial consultation with Derek, who was absolutely great. Unfortunately, he isnt available on the dates I need. Marcin seems very well regarded on here- who do you guys consider to be the top SMP artist? From what Ive seen of both guys work, I wont go far wrong.
    -Im after a very subtle, lightly coloured finish with a very soft hairline. Im after a discreet result rather than ‘a full head of hair’ neccessarily. Im fairly confident that I know exactly where my hairline should go (thanks to a natural crease, where my natural hairline is)- how receptive are the practitioners to customer input, as I have quite a clear idea of what Im after.
    -Finally, I start a new job on Sept 18th, and will have about a 1 week gap between completing session 2 and starting this new job- enough time to settle to a natural appearance?
    Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated!

coconuthead
    Participant

Hi mate. Both are amazing. Though I prefer Marcin’s music ( ssorry Deek) 😂 Anyway. You’re in safe hands. Don’t go too soft. I was like that at first. I didn’t listen to Marcin and went too soft. It settles anyway , I ended up going for a happy medium and it’s great. If you search me on here you’ll see my initial softer receding hairline and the soft non receding one. Best thing I’ve done.

daveofedinburgh
    Participant

Thanks Coconuthead, Ive had a look at your treatment and it looks good!
    I guess (like many considering the treatment) Im mainly trying to avoid it looking unnatural. Im far less worried about fading, needing touch-ups etc than I am about getting a soft, natural hairline and good colour/ blend.
    When I Google images of SMP, Im always more drawn to the ones that look lighter/ more closely cropped- even if it means the guy still looks like he may have a little bit of thinning/ receeding (if that makes sense?).
    The more I hear about these two guys, the more I feel like I should just let them do their thing. I do want to draw my own hairline on though as I have a crease when I wrinkle my brow where it seems obvious to me the hairline should go.
    Ill make sure they know they are free to adjust it as they see fit, as I have alot of respect for their artistry/ expertise!

LJ
    Participant

Marcin is tops, he’ll look at your skin tone first & foremost regarding the colour, and then draw your hairline on, spending as long as you & him need to get it right.

A guy who was having a treatment alongside me with Dean, had bought in a photo of his old hairline, not a bad isea, although in truth, the hairline Marcin gave me is better than my old one!

daveofedinburgh
    Participant

Well guys, the dates are confirmed for sessions 1 and 2 (5th and 12th Sept) with Marcin.
    Now the weeks of nervousness and doubt begin!!!
    Im reasonably happy that I have enough of a gap between session 2 and starting my new job (session 2 on 12th Sept, start new job 18th Sept), however Im not sure yet when Ill be able to fit in session 3. Any advice on this? Can it be done several weeks after session 2 or is it better to wait a specific amount of time?
    Finally, how long would you recommend having my hair for the first treatment? What I tend to do at the moment is use an electric clipper on top of my head to leave some stubble (still have SOME hair!) but wet shave the sides, which I do every 3-4 days. Shall I maybe wet shave like a day or two before session one?
    Any advice greatly appreciated!

studow82
    Participant

Hi pal Ive just had second treatment last week with dean, and I’ve booked 3rd one beginning of September , dean said that is a good time to go back as the smp will have settled so he can see where needs touching up, with regards to length of hair on the day , I went in with bare blade, but dean needed it even shorter so he gave me a bald eagle shaver to cut it closer , good luck with your treatment , I’m made up with mine, you will have doubts up to the procedure and even after the first session but once everything starts settling down you will have no doubts you made the decision.

coconuthead
    Participant

Dave, don’t worry or feel unsure. Honestly, I was talking about smp yesterday. When you first decide you want it done it’ll dominate. I was so worried about people knowing and I read here that once you get it done you actually forget you have had it done. It is that natural. I went for a job interview three days after my second as there was redness/ darkness. I used a tip from elsewhere,a tiny amount of concealer rubbed around in wee circles. It’s a good few weeks before it settles, some people freak and think it’s too light , others too dark. In the end when it settles it’ll look amazing. Good thing is starting a new job , nobody will know you before it. Not that it matters as those that knew me pre treatment didn’t notice.

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

Marcin’s music is great, his craic top drawer but his work even better. I was fortunate to witness him at work on Friday where he crafted a fabulous hairline, weight and density on a client to session 1. He’s a TOP practitioner and a ‘safe pair of hands’ who like his colleagues Dean, takes his work v. seriously. Your 💯% in good hands my friend, and in even better company with these 2 at Skalp (Manchester).

daveofedinburgh
    Participant

Thanks for the reassurance guys, Im feeling more calm about it but no doubt the nervousness will come back again (committed now as deposit paid!).
    Second treatment is on 12th Sept, then Ill be starting my new job on the 18th, just shy of a one week gap- thats my only real concern at the mo, will it have settled sufficiently?
    Not that theres much I can do about it now ofcourse- just hope its not a big red mess on my first day!

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

I’m fair skin which is also settled and mine settled completely after 3 whole days, so yes yours will have enough time tho settle after 8 days

daveofedinburgh
    Participant

So less than a week to go now guys (session 1 with Marcin on 5th September). Nerves havent quite kicked in yet, but Im sure they will…
    Ive screenshotted lots of pics on my iPad of SMP results/ hairlines that I like to show Marcin.
    Im going to go along with my head wet shaved from the night before.
    I know exactly where I want the hairline to be, Im planning to draw it on myself when I get there and see what Marcin says.
    One question I do have; is there anything thats useful for numbing/ taking the edge off the pain/ discomfort? I have a decent paint threshold, but obviously would prefer to be as comfortable as possible!
    Any other tips welcome!

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

2 paracetamol on arrival

narb
    Participant

2x Ibuprofen tablets will see you right – anti inflammatory so will help the redness go down and suppress it in the first place.. Bottle of water to keep u going too 🙂 Enjoy!!

chimp_74
    chimp_74
    Participant

“Oh, and some ear plugs!!!..”. 📻 🎶🗯Wtf🙈😫

daveofedinburgh
    Participant

Right guys, treatment tomo and the nerves have officially kicked in!
    Any words of comfort to help me through this anxious day?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register a free forum account!

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags