Undecided

• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated by damngenetics.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    damngenetics
    Participant

Hello everyone. I’m very close to booking a consultation. However at the same time it feels so far away. My main fears with this treatment are it’s longevity and also if it will be detected.
    I’m 26 years old and have had a full head of thick hair until recently. I’ve been receding since 18 but have managed to disguise it fairly well due to the volume of my hair and hairstyle. I’ve always had my hair shaved to either a 0.5 or no guard on the sides which helps keep things looking tight. However around March I noticed a lighter patch at the back of my head. Instantly sh*t my pants. From there onwards things have gotten worse. Hair has lost all quality and has thinned dramatically in the typical horseshoe shape. Just about managing to fool people still that I’m not balding but I’m under no illusions. I need to act fast. Propecia and minoxidil are a no no. Can’t be arsed with the hassle. So I’ve got two options…go bald naturally or smp.
    I’ll be honest and say that a lot of smp I’ve seen doesn’t look natural to me or wouldn’t suit me. This is probably down to what the client has asked for and not the skill of the practicioner. Ideally I want nobody to know at all. Not even my girlfriend or family. If this is an unrealistic expectation then by all means tell me as I’m after 100% honest opinions.
    As I said my main fear is getting rumbled. My hair is dark brown but obviously lighter when shaved. I’m only looking for a slight lowering of the hairline (to avoid suspicion) but mostly to fill what will be gappy on top.
    Is the procedure noticeable up close ie will my girlfriend notice? Also, I realise touch ups are a necessity at some point but does anyone have a rough idea how often these are required? Money is a slight concern at the minute but won’t be in the future all going well.
    Thanks for reading hope you guys can shed some light and help me make up my mind!

RedDevil
    Participant

This treatment is bang on the button and looks very realistic. Don’t judge this on photos or videos even though I think most of what I saw looks amazing on here. In the flesh it looks very natural.

Tony1312
    Participant

Have you watched my video? Have you read my blog? It answers your concerns if your based in London happy to meet up to show you my treatment.
    Tony 07825679483

tomo85
    Participant

I have my first consultation in London on Wednesday after months of reading these forums and looking at all the pictures. I think we are at a similar stage damgenetics and have exactly the same worries. I’m hoping seeing some of the post treatments in real life will make up my mind whether to go ahead or not. I still have a vague hairline, but the hair on top is thinning quite quickly now (29). My preferred option would be to match my current hairline, which has always been quite high, but never bothered me, leading to a natural look. I would also be interested in meeting up Tony to see the results in real life having seen your video.

Tony1312
    Participant

Tomo
    What times your consultation in London tomorrow I maybe able to pop up

tomo85
    Participant

My appointment is 4:30pm and im in London from about 3:30 till anytime after really. Be great if you are about and ill of course treat you to a coffee / drink ☺

Tony1312
    Participant

I maybe able to come up to meet you text me in the morning 07825679483

Tony

tomo85
    Participant

Tony1312 kindly came and met me prior to my appointment, traveling some distance. His hair (and I will call it hair) looked amazing in real life and it was impossible to see where his actual hair finished and the treatment began. I was blown away. Tony talked at length with regards his treatment and the service he received, meaning prior to me actually getting to my appointment I was pretty much sold. Thanks again Tony and I appreciate you meeting me at such short notice.

My appointment at Skalp was similarly very positive and Ollie and Co left me feeling very welcome and at ease. Not once was the treatment pushed on to me, or was money even discussed. It is clear this is a service and so much more than about money. I was fortunate to meet a chap having his third treatment done, which when I first got there I completely dismissed him as his ‘hair’ was so convincing. Ollie took some pictures to complete a mock up and I must admit I am very excited to see the results. Seeing the product in real life really gives you a different perspective. Close up photo’s do it no justice.

Tony1312
    Participant

Nice to meet you Tom and hope you get the job mate.

lesj
    Participant

Good to see how much support this forum offer both to those that have gone ahead and had the treatment and those on the sidelines who want to know more. For me personally no regrets at all and love the new me.

Have tried since having it done, most things from full wet shave to various electric razors. But what has proven to be the best and most convenient way to maintain the style is using the Babyliss self crew cutter, this is a round shaped circular clipper that fits into the palm of the hand, by removing the plastic guard that allows you to choose the depth of the cut altogether, this gives exactly the right buzzed look that matches seeminglessly with the treated areas. This takes no more than about a minute to do as and when.

regards to the forum

lesj

damngenetics
    Participant

Firstly, thank you for your replies. It’s encouraging to read so many unbiased reviews about the treatment. Unfortunately I live quite far up North Tony but thanks for offering to meet up mate, I appreciate it. I’m going to book myself in for a consultation as soon as I come up with the exact hairline I want. Looking forward to getting it done and not having to worry about fixing my hair before I go out any more but at the same time pretty damn nervous!

Thorn
    Participant

You have to go for a face to face consultation or if you cannot meet someone.

The treatment has been such a life changer for me and the pictures on here just don’t do it justice even tho they still look great.

How far are you from the Manchester or Edinburgh clinics?

markyb
    Participant

les j. does the Babyliss self crew get close enough for this treatment
    i have a r91 and a more expensive remming ton
    i find it hard to get it even while leaving it a bit stubbly, so i use bic and wet shave now
    does the Babyliss get even and close enough with guard removed

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!