Well it’s my turn tomorrow…

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum Well it’s my turn tomorrow…

• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated by tomo85.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tomo85
    Participant

So after months of trawling through this forum, having a consultation and meeting up with a chap who had the treatment, I will be joining the Skalp crew. Nervous? Yep….but ready and raring to go, no going back now. A bit about me…I’m 29 and having been slowly losing my hair over the last 5 years. I have used caffeine shampoo and regaine through most of this time, which to give it it’s due, I believe it slowed down the process, but the inevitable will suffice. I have shaved my head down low for the last 18 months, but the top has seriously started the thin, although still a fair bit of hair. Like so many on here, going bald (God I have come to despise that word) has been bloody awful, shamefully embarrassing and has deeply affected my confidence. People I do not see regularly I have hid away from through fear comments will be made. It has aged me and I just hate it. Yes I have had many reservations about this treatment, changed my mind etc…but now feel quite content. I have hairline styles in mind, very subtle, broken and similar to the hair line I still have, although perhaps a bit back. I will be guided by Ollie from the London clinic. Anyway better stop rambling. I will follow this forum entry through to the end as the forum has probably been my most motivating support and therefore feel obligation to others. Wish me luck…

leem92
    Participant

Good luck you won’t regret it!

Baldy01
    Participant

Good luck tomorrow. You won’t regret it 🙂

LA1
    Participant

Good luck tomo85 and keep us updated.

tomo85
    Participant

Just wanted to give an update after my treatment on Monday with Ollie. I have waited a few days before posting as for me it was important to let the treatment settle and feel confident about the way it looks. Firstly, I need to send some well deserved praise to Ollie, he made me feel so welcome and at ease, involving me in the treatment (even though at times I dare not look in the mirror though fear of how it would look. Ollie is a total perfectionist, so passionate about what he does ad generally a top bloke, meaning the 3-4 hours went really quick. Did it hurt, yes at times it did, some bits more painful than others (temples and near the crown). But not having had a tattoo before I probably have had very little experience of such discomfort. I recall reading on a past post that one guy found parts of it slightly enjoyable, randomly I would have to agree lol. I would say towards the end of the 3 hours I was feeling more sensitive and was glad when Ollie said we were done (not before he gave me a few false hopes that we were done, only to do a few touch ups in his perfectionist way…clearly not a bad thing). Yes the treatment was red when I left and I was convinced people were staring, which they probably were. If I am being completely honest I struggle to see how people say they go straight out after the treatment and no one notices…I think that’s rubbish. I felt on the third day my treatment had settled and I was happy to be out and about. Even without washing my head (that was one thing I hated the most), the treatment looked bloody great. The blend is perfect and that’s only after one session. The biggest test came today, showered, shaved, moisturised and then saw the house mate for the first time (he is a bald guy)…he obviously noticed my newly shaved head, however did not appear to detect a thing…amazing! I however notice areas which look a bit suspect, but then again I have been staring at it for the past four days non stop. Parts just need to lighten a little and my hairline could do with a little more breaking /lower perhaps. However, I did ask for a slightly receded look which Ollie perfected. I will sort out some before and after pics, but just wanted things to settle as I believe this is more helpful to people considering the treatment, as opposed to straight after the treatment which always put me more off than anything. I have taken two weeks off between jobs and doing anything too social, which I know some would say is excessive, however I felt was necessary. Looking forward to my second session on Tuesday…

Tony1312
    Participant

Glad to see your on the journey and I take it I’m the chap you met?? I look forward to seeing pictures the one thing I will disagree is my head wasn’t very red and looked good to my surprise after the 1st treatment, so I can only assume different scalps react in different ways.

Good luck

tomo85
    Participant

6 days after treatment 1…

tomo85
    Participant

Yes Tony you are the Chap I talk about an forever grateful that you kindly met up with me. I’m sure I will return the favour to someone else at some point as I am over the moon with the results so far. I guess your right with the different scalp reactions…I think i’m just particularly picky and a tad over paranoid perhaps.

longrange69
    Participant

How are you getting on, tomo85?

longrange69
    Participant

All the best tomorrow, mate. Session 3 – my favourite session by a country mile 😉

Baldy01
    Participant

Session 3 is for me is where it’s signed sealed and delivered.

longrange69
    Participant

Definitely! Totally enjoyable as the pressure (if you felt any) is all behind you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!