What is your SMP routine?

Home Forums Scalp Micropigmentation Forum What is your SMP routine?

• This topic has 13 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by LJ.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    LJ
    Participant

For me, it looks best electric shaved up the sides & back every day or every other day & every 3/4 days, I lightly drag the shaver over the top as I find a bit of fluff looks good.

I tend not to worry about shine, people make too much of a big deal over it, I just use Palmers Cocoa Butter (used it for years) & occasionally I’ll whack on some fake tan on my face, taking it carefully to the SMP hairline only, as this shall contast against the SMP & it looks even better.

I never use a face scrub on the SMP either, but shall do my face every other month or so (when I remember!).

Some might say that every day or every other shaving is time consuming and a pain, it takes minutes and I am sure if I added it up, I’d spend more time if I had hair with shampoo’s, conditioners, hairdryers, going to the Barbers etc

Ralphy
    Participant

Morning – warm shower to open up pours, Nivea sensitive shaving foam, wet shave against the grain. Dry head, Nivea sensitive post shave balm applied. Then either one of the following products dependent upon what I’ll be doing that day and the weather. 1) Sunny weather, La Roche Matt sun cream SPF30, 2) Milk of Magnesia in work days as it keeps me oil free for longer. 3) L’Oréal Anti Shine thingy at the weekend or if I’m not going anywhere. I find this is only good for 4 hours or so.

Evening – I wash scalp with warm soapy water, dry and then moisrurise with Johnson’s baby lotion

Done

LJ
    Participant

Boom! Wet shave not make it too shiny?

Ralphy
    Participant

No mate, the Milk of Magnesia in particular leaves your head bone dry for up to 8 hours.

narb
    Participant

if I’ve let it grow for 3 days, I’ll:
    cover my head with shaving foam
    cut it short as possible with zero bladed clippers
    run over my entire head with skull shaver
    run over the top of my head with a foil shaver
    rinse with warm water and dry
    chuck some garnier 30spf matte sun cream or loreal matte stuff all over head and face.
    good to go 🙂
    next day to keep it down I’ll just use skull shaver dry and oneblade by phillips on top of my head..

LJ
    Participant

Ralphy & Narb – are you two both dark skinned if memory serves me right?

narb
    Participant

Hi LJ, not me.. I’m also naturally blonde so had a ton of concerns at the beginning.. No worries now though 🙂
    Ralphy, where do you get your milk of magnesia?

Ralphy
    Participant

LJ – yes, I am dark skinned.

Narb – I bought it in Boots, on Fenchurch St London to be precise 😉 . Leaves my head dry for hours, sometimes more than a day even with showering. Stuff is weird

Ralphy
    Participant

I should also add that a bottle of MofM will probably last me 9 months as you only need a drop the size of a 10 p piece in the palm of your hand. Only a fiver, so great value when you compare it to say the little L’Oréal Matte product. Just google SMP Milk of Magnesia and you’ll see that it’s widely used by our peers.

https://www.boots.com/phillips-milk-of-magnesia-liquid-traditional-mint-flavour-200ml-10007028

JackT
    Participant

My routine is wet shave it in the shower every 3 days, I use a headblade razor and it does the trick. I just use normal moisturiser but have used milk of magnesia before and think it’s good but can’t be arises tonisebit everyday.

narb
    Participant

@Ralphy. Mate that MoM is the NUTS!! What have i been missing out on for the last year+??? I’m shocked how effective that is.. That’s jy new ‘go-to’! Cheers for that 🙂

narb
    Participant

……waaaiiiiitttt a second here… Fantastic results -no doubt the best I’ve tried BUT… just read some info re. using this on skin is not the best idea due to high pH levels.. not recommended for long term use either.. i think I’ll save this for the specical occassions and only use a small amount at a time… until then I’ll stick with my next favourite – Garnier Suncream 🙂

Ralphy
    Participant

Narb, you make a good point. There are articles out there which suggests that the product contains high PH levels which ultimtately could be bad for your skin. However, as attested by many, if used in moderation any harm done will be highly unlikely. I only use it Mon -Fri, a drop a day. When I get home from work, I shower and then moisturise my scalp with a normal moiusturiser such as Nivea.

There are lots of discussions on Internet forums regarding the use. Antonio at Skalp who did my head also says he uses it religiously and has done for years.

LJ
    Participant

Gonna have to get some MoM by the sounds of it! I never worry about the shine to be honest though, no-one has even looked at my head twice, shiny or not!!! I am about 18months into my treatment and am over the moon, prob need a top up at some point as I didnt have a chance to have a guarantee session, but I was expecting to have a top up every few years to keep it sweet anyway.

If anyone from Skalp head office is reading this, this forum could be much better, the whole registering to a third party site to create a profile pic for example – sucks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected!!!