Beating the big freeze with winter hair care
Its time to start considering winter hair care. I know, It only seems like yesterday we were considering the best tips for hair care in the spring and summer months. Those balmy sun-soaked days never really seemed to appear here in the UK after all and now as we reach for our gloves, scarf, woolly hats and wellies it is only too obvious that the winter freeze is truly on the way.
Well, we may forecast hot weather with our fingers crossed, but cold weather is pretty much the default setting. Rain, hail, snow, ice, gales and bitter winds are all par for the course, so before it’s too late, let’s change tack, and look at some cool hair care tips for those frosty months:
Winter hair care tips:
- Everyone wants to keep warn in the winter months and so there is the tendency when washing your hair to use extra hot water. (just to warm you up a little!). Unfortunately, hot water can damage your hair so – take the plunge – and use lukewarm water to keep safe.
- The cold weather may lead to dry skin. To combat this, remember to use your favourite moisturiser often.
- Some people think sunscreens are only for the summer sun and vacation but they act as a great protection layer throughout the year. Don’t forget the sun maybe a little less powerful but the dangerous rays are still getting through. Sun creams are especially useful for those of us with less hair than we would like!
- It is likely you will not sweat so much in the winter months. This is useful in the summer months as it keeps your scalp well oiled. So, try not to shampoo too much so you do not dry out your scalp and hair.
- As your scalp will be more dry keep your scalp moisturised at all times.
- In the same way, some of the gadgets we use such as hair dryers, flat irons and curl irons are going to dry out your hair (and your scalp) too quickly. Use the cool setting on the dryer and try to do without the other two.
- Don’t wear woollen hats too tight for long periods as this can damage hair and follicles.
Skalp® Micro Pigmentation offers a great service for people struggling with hair loss or who just want to join the bald fashion trend and look their very best. Trained practitioners apply pigments to the scalp so it appears as if you have a full head of hair – but cut fashionably short.
Skalp® has clinics around the world. We have clinics in New York, Los Angeles, London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Dublin, Marbella, Milan and Amsterdam.